Post Approval for Newly Created Accounts

Administrative notes and announcements.
Ghost

Post Approval for Newly Created Accounts

Unread post by Ghost »

NOTE: THIS INFO IS OUT OF DATE. THE FORUM IS NOW OPEN AGAIN.

- Ghost 5/14/18

catalunya wrote:due to a problematic member and excessive spam, the forum has been placed on post-approval mode for those who have newly-created accounts and accounts that are deemed a threat to the community. a moderator or administrator will have to approve any posts made by the aforementioned before they are visible to the general community to avoid spam and/or problematic posts that incite disharmony amongst the community. posts will be approved until a certain threshold is reached or until the administration/moderation team has deemed all new users and any existing user in question to be genuine in their participation on the forum.

apologies for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary measure needed that will ensure the community is kept safe and will generally not affect the community at large.
Sadly I agree that it has to come to this. It's really unfortunate. I worked hard, and so did others, to try and avoid this. I hope this doesn't deter any legit suffering people wanting to join the forum, and I will do my best to make their transition into the forum painless.

That being said, I will have no tolerance for being messed with by this problematic member. That's just a personal warning from me to him. He'll have to play by the rules. I have previously allowed some actions and accounts to slide, but this doesn't make me ignorant of them, or ok with them. I will not be doing this anymore. I am disappointed in things turning out this way.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Sonny

Re: Newly-Created Accounts - Post Approval

Unread post by Sonny »

It's too bad it ended up like that. I think you made good choice for moderator though. I have given Ghost full moderator status globally, which means access to all mod tools and he can now ban people.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

catalunya wrote:
Sonny wrote:It's too bad it ended up like that. I think you made good choice for moderator though. I have given Ghost full moderator status globally, which means access to all mod tools and he can now ban people.
i'm glad -- ghost has been amazing throughout all of this mess.
:D
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

By the way, you two are doing an amazing job. Thanks for all your help. And thank you, Moloch, for hosting this.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

There has been some shit going down recently. I'm not going to be playing any games. Remember that linking any products to this site or to a PM is not allowed. I'm losing patience fast.