Buspirone + Prozac

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
alteredhomeostasis

Re: Buspirone + Prozac

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Hey folks.

Been a while. Still doing really good. I raised the Prozac dosage to 15mg a few months ago and recently up to 20. Seem to be doing better than ever now. Sexually I’m maybe a consistent 75% back to normal, maybe more.

Overall doing really good.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

alteredhomeostasis wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:22 am Hey folks.

Been a while. Still doing really good. I raised the Prozac dosage to 15mg a few months ago and recently up to 20. Seem to be doing better than ever now. Sexually I’m maybe a consistent 75% back to normal, maybe more.

Overall doing really good.
Thanks for the update and glad to hear you are doing well! Just wondering, any reason to increase prozac and not buspar? Whats your idea / gut feeling behind it?
alteredhomeostasis

Hey Jaxx.

I think I increased the dose because I had kinda plateaued on my 30mg buspar / 10mg Prozac combo. I feel like some of the reinstatement success stories I’ve seen involve a raising of the dosage over time. Also i have been daytrading heavily for about a year and I think I was looking for a bit more inner calm.

But yeah, overall doing really good. I’m totally fine with the choices that led me to this point in my life. It would be nice to get 100% back sexually, but I’m completely ok where I’m at. If I was single I would feel confident hooking up.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Did you experiment a lot since your progress?
I was on buspar in the past myself, with nortriptyline, but didnt have real progress.
Always made me wonder if my buspar dose was high enough or it matters to start with buspar to have autoreceptor agonism.
Although not everyone seem to benefit from buspar, it does seem that dosage can make a difference. I havent seen many examples of adding an ssri (to buspar) with success, but it sure is interesting.
ElaineBenes5

Unread post by ElaineBenes5 »

Remind me, did you have emotional anesthesia, lack of romantic attraction, zero libido, in addition to physical sexual dysfunction? How would you say each increase of the combo has impacted those areas, if those were an issue at all.
alteredhomeostasis

Hey peeps, here to post an update.

I cut the Prozac from my combo last week (still taking the buspar tho) and have been like 90% since then. Been having sex / masturbating multiple times a day and it’s been grade A.

Dunno if it will last, but I will report back.

feeling fucking great

Cheers
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Thanks for coming back and share your experience. Exciting stuff!