Buspirone + Prozac

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ytho

Re: Buspirone + Prozac

Unread post by ytho »

Your HCG trail sounds interesting. Upping your neurosteroids should have potential to make you feel and function better.

I also havent tried SSRI & Buspar in combination, but I'm strongly considering it. I got a few other things on my list that i need to try / get checked off first though. But from all the conversation with the OP and the information in this thread, it will be worth a shot (for me that is, everyone should decide on their own of course).
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

What's the regimen for Prozac/SSRI + Buspirone?
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Is there a theory why this (potentially) works with prozac specifically, compared to other ssri’s?
Not sure if people also tried this with other ssri’s?
Hi there 2000

Unread post by Hi there 2000 »

Alteredhomeostasis- how long did you have pssd for before initiation Prozac + buspirone?

Are you sure you’re recovery is from the combination and not simply from being off the medication that triggered it for long enough? Did you have pssd for atleast several months before starting the combination? Thanks
climb

Unread post by climb »

Jaxx wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:41 pm Is there a theory why this (potentially) works with prozac specifically, compared to other ssri’s?
Hey Jaxx

I've seen 3 or 4 people reporting big improvements with this combination specifically rather than any other SSRI.

I found this study:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10501449/

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it seems to suggest that buspirone greatly enhances prozac's impact on dopamine and noradrenaline levels while reducing the impact on serotonin. Perhaps this creates a better balance if some PSSD sufferers have high serotonin levels, as has been theorized by some members of the forum?

What do others think? Anything else we can get from this paper that might explain the experience of altered homeostasis and others?
wardeath

Unread post by wardeath »

alteredhomeostasis wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:40 am FYI. I’ve been on this combo for a couple of months. 30mg buspirone + 15mg Prozac in the morning, then another 15mg of buspirone at night.

Mentally I’m doing awesome. Lots of energy, feeling very sharp mentally, very clicked in. Music sounds better, more entertained in general.

Sexually my ED and PE are much better. Libido is a higher but not back to normal. Orgasm quality is maybe 50% better.

Hoping I keep improving over time.
any update?
Fluvoxamin 100mg + Patril beta 10 for 1 week in dec 2021 quit ct
Fluoxetine 20 mg for 25 days quit ct on 11th feb 2022
Currently drug free
Suffering from ed and low libido
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Another similar story on Reddit, although this user hasnt been long enough on it to see if it is stable
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/ ... ess_story/
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

climb wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:54 pm
Jaxx wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:41 pm Is there a theory why this (potentially) works with prozac specifically, compared to other ssri’s?
Hey Jaxx

I've seen 3 or 4 people reporting big improvements with this combination specifically rather than any other SSRI.

I found this study:

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it seems to suggest that buspirone greatly enhances prozac's impact on dopamine and noradrenaline levels while reducing the impact on serotonin. Perhaps this creates a better balance if some PSSD sufferers have high serotonin levels, as has been theorized by some members of the forum?

What do others think? Anything else we can get from this paper that might explain the experience of altered homeostasis and others?
id need to look in the details, but my previous combo of buspirone and nortriptyline had a similar line of thought. (but that didnt really work for me, could have been the lower dose of buspirone i was on or the difference of dopamine stimulation by prozac vs nortriptyline i guess)
I still think this is an interesting route.
climb

Unread post by climb »

Jaxx wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:54 am
climb wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:54 pm
Hey Jaxx

I found this study:

id need to look in the details, but my previous combo of buspirone and nortriptyline had a similar line of thought. (but that didnt really work for me, could have been the lower dose of buspirone i was on or the difference of dopamine stimulation by prozac vs nortriptyline i guess)
I still think this is an interesting route.
Yes, it would be interesting to see what the differences in doses are for prozac and for buspirone for these folks who had the improvements. As an adjunct, it seems that buspirone could be as low as 10mg, but I think it works differently at higher doses.

I'm going to try to research more, as it looks like there could be something here, and it doesn't seem to be something many people have tried.
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Yes Buspirone 5mg or 10mg 1h before sex can work. From my experience improve libido and ejaculation time.