Buspirone + Prozac

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
alteredhomeostasis

Re: Buspirone + Prozac

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Pssd was caused by 1 month of lexapro in 2017
Russ

Unread post by Russ »

You mentioned that you were taking 30 mg Buspirone in the morning, then another 15 mg in the evening. What dose did you start at and how quickly did you up the dosage to what you are currently taking? Did you only start to see improvements on the higher dose?
alteredhomeostasis

Now I’m only taking 30mg buspirone and 15mg Prozac in the morning; nothing at night except occasional supplements (steel libido red, cal mag zinc, vitamin D).

I started at like 5mg 2x per day, and then went up 5mg every 3-4 days or so until I got to 30mg twice per day. I eventually cut the night dose because it was interfering with my sleep, I think.

First week had a lot of side effects to be honest, headaches and some brain zaps. These went away after a week or two and then after maybe 1 month I introduced Prozac at 5mg in the morning. Then I worked up to maybe 20mg before reducing to 15. Sometimes I take 10. Not sure where the sweet spot is. Still playing around with dosing.

The combo is legit though
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

alteredhomeostasis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:40 pm Now I’m only taking 30mg buspirone and 15mg Prozac in the morning; nothing at night except occasional supplements (steel libido red, cal mag zinc, vitamin D).

I started at like 5mg 2x per day, and then went up 5mg every 3-4 days or so until I got to 30mg twice per day. I eventually cut the night dose because it was interfering with my sleep, I think.

First week had a lot of side effects to be honest, headaches and some brain zaps. These went away after a week or two and then after maybe 1 month I introduced Prozac at 5mg in the morning. Then I worked up to maybe 20mg before reducing to 15. Sometimes I take 10. Not sure where the sweet spot is. Still playing around with dosing.

The combo is legit though
Hey Bro,

Nice to hear that this combo is doing great.
I had something similar, but taking buspirone alone, it took a while to kick in, until I found a proper dosage because of sides, like drowsiness/dizziness.

I am more than a year now taking it. It has a short half-life, so scheduling sex like 1h after a pill worked best.

On this patent:

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO1987004621A1/en
preferblably in the range of 30-60 mg per day. Since the dosage should be tailored to the individual patient, the usual practice is to commence with a dose of about 5 mg administered two or three times per day and then to increase the dose every two or three days by 5 mg at each dosage time until the desired response is observed or until the patient exhibits side effects. Single daily dosage may be applicable in some instances. The average dose of buspirone at the termination of the four-week treatment described in detail above was 45 mg
It looks like you are on this range.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
br-pssd

Unread post by br-pssd »

I started taking buspirone.

how long do i need to test buspirone to see if there will be any improvement in pssd?

is it better to just take buspirone or add another medication to buspirone? prozac or escitalopram? or parnate (imao)
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

alteredhomeostasis wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:40 am FYI. I’ve been on this combo for a couple of months. 30mg buspirone + 15mg Prozac in the morning, then another 15mg of buspirone at night.

Mentally I’m doing awesome. Lots of energy, feeling very sharp mentally, very clicked in. Music sounds better, more entertained in general.

Sexually my ED and PE are much better. Libido is a higher but not back to normal. Orgasm quality is maybe 50% better.

Hoping I keep improving over time.
I'm happy to see your improvement!

When did you start to feel better? After how many months on this combo?
br-pssd

Unread post by br-pssd »

this is my 9th day taking buspirone, i started with 5 mg 3x day, and went up to 10 mg 3x day in some days.
From the 5th day I started to notice benefits, like a more rested body and a better mind.

There were sporadic moments that, my sensitivity and pleasure in the penis improved a lot, and spontaneous erection. and yesterday the anedonia was much better, pleasure in feeling music, something I haven't had in a long time. But these improvements do not last, today I not experienced them.

I intend to take only buspirone, for months, and stay a month at the current dose, 30mg, before going up.

Is it normal for improvements to be sporadic rather than continuous? today I am not feeling improvement in anhedonia or sensitivity in the penis.
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

Any update @alteredhomeosthasis?
alteredhomeostasis

Had a little setback after taking a maca+rhodiola supplement. It was Irwin naturals mood plus I think. I really like Irwin naturals but this product was a no no. My girlfriend took some too and later that day her nipples got hard and she started lactating.. definitely shut me down for a while and It’s taken me a while to get back to where I was. I’m close now though. Sexually things have been quite good again for a few weeks now.

Otherwise I’m doing awesome. My interest in everything is at an all time high. I haven’t been bored in ages and I wake up feeling energized and excited about the day ahead.
dangerwood

Unread post by dangerwood »

I’m fucking happy for you man. Always good to see one of the OG members here have some success. Shows that our bodies are not damaged but just like your username, stuck in an altered homeostasis.
We're all gonna make it brah