Cure attempt #2 (in-progress / initial findings)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Meso

Re: Cure attempt #2 (in-progress / initial findings)

Unread post by Meso »

Added Update #4
[Update 4]
14-11-2019 (Day-Month-Year)

Right. So it's been a while and I have good news and bad news.

NMDAR signaling is starting to reach a stable baseline. I'm noticing more emotions and hedonistic response returning, but i still need to focus on downregulating NMDAR beyond baseline. For this, the best solution is TrkB receptor upregulation + BDNF boosting - as this can downregulate NMDAR.

Cognitive symptoms are currently the worst. Without Rasagiline + Donepezil, I experience intense brainfog and aberrantly prolonged sleep inertia. My long-term and short-term memory are senile-like mild dementia. Since I'm looking into a permanent cure for my PSSD instead of symptomatic relief, it doesn't make sense returning to these drugs. The best solution is, therefore, TrkB receptor upregulation + BDNF boosting to restore limbic integrity, boost hippocampal neurogenesis, upregulate dopamine receptors, and improve glutamate firing.

The only drugs/supplements I know of that can upregulate TrkB receptors to a significant degree are Metformin, Schisandra, Semax, and Genistein. Other things are weak (i.e. Forskolin and niacin). For TrkB receptor upregulation and BDNF boosting, I'll take:
- 500 mg Metformin. (+ Ubiquinol and cyano-B12, since Metformin can lower those)
- 500 mg Schisandra.

I won't start taking these right away since they are expensive and I can't buy them at the moment. I didn't even buy l-cirulline yet. (currently in the middle of moving out, and that costs too much). Schisandra can be replaced by N-Acetyl-Semax, but I have no access to it (won't pass through customs).

What about sexual function?
I have been having sex on a daily basis - sometimes twice a day. But I'm noticing that my refractory period is getting longer and longer each time. Orgasm-mediated mu activity is probably reversing some of the AR upregulation that took place in the mPOA - especially since my orgasms are much more intense than pre-PSSD = much more robust mu activity.

Don't be alarmed though, this worsening is mild and likely transient. Probably I just need to skip sex for a couple of days. I still crave the female body form and find it mesmerizing to look at. So it's not that bad. I wish I can return to pre-PSSD level where refractory period was only 10 minutes, though. I've also noticed that on days I have 2 orgasms, the following day I wake up with no morning wood.

This means that my AR signaling has recovered a lot but it's still not at an optimal level. Too many orgasms without taking any break might be enough to reverse some of the permanent sexual benefits. I'm currently researching ways to boost AR signaling with excellent leads (you can find more info on my Discord server: https://discord.gg/Mej6ct9).

New baseline (so far):
Libido: 9/10
Erections: 9/10
Orgasms: 12/10 (Better than pre-PSSD)
Hedonistic response: 4/10
Emotional response: 4/10
Cognition: 3/10

I doubt that it would improve further than this without NMDAR downregulation and TrkB receptor upregulation.

Random tidbits:
Speaking of emotions/hedonistic response, I have to say I noticed that when I'm enjoying music, I feel perfectly content listening to it that I have no desire for watching a TV series or playing a game. It's a little strange.

GAD is also no where to be found despite of the mild improvement in emotional response. I still have diarrhea and IBS so I guess it isn't related to GAD after all.

Dreams are extremely vivid and deep. Almost daily wet-dreams or sex-themed dreams, but overall having very bizarre themes. It's like tripping while asleep.

That's all for this update.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
pssd'd

Unread post by pssd'd »

Hello Meso,
I'm wondering if polygala tenuifolia might be worth looking at for cognitive symptoms - it seems to have similar actions to donepezil and others:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... /jnr.10429

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ession/amp

edit - added second link re: TrkB + BDNF
Adweit saha

Unread post by Adweit saha »

Any substitution for Dextromethorphan HBr.?
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

I wonder if my improvements on levetiracetam can be somehow related to the latest theory about NMDA excitoxicity. It was a massive leap in all aspects. Most pronounced improvement was return of the bonding feeling towards females, which in turn elevated my libido. Is it oxytocin responsible for bonding feeling i guess

Levetiracetam (100 microM) inhibited both evoked EPSC(AMPA) and EPSC(NMDA) to an equal extent (80%), altered the paired-pulse ratio (from 1.39 to 1.25), decreased the frequency of asynchronous EPSC and prolonged the inter-event interval of miniature EPSC(AMPA) (from 2.7 to 4.6 s) without changing the amplitude, suggesting a presynaptic action of levetiracetam
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Where to get clean DXM apart from cough syrups ? Pm me please someone.
Koivukovy

Unread post by Koivukovy »

Hey guys, is anyone trying this anytime soon?
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

hey meso dunno if you have CFS too but how is your energy in comparison to before this protocol??
Koivukovy wrote:Hey guys, is anyone trying this anytime soon?
me just waiting till I'm clean
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Here's update 5. I even feel the "atmosphere" of music and when I listen to tracks it reminds me of people (emotional memory is back online).

This is the best day in my life.
[Update 5]
19-11-2019 (Day-Month-Year)

I caught a cold yesterday and couldn't sleep. Too much histamine was making me feel worse, since histamine potentiates NMDA receptors.

I had to take something for sleep, so I went for 50 mg Lamotrigine. Woke up feeling extremely good mood-wise. I can feel sunshine and the 'atmosphere' of the room/house and places I go. I react well to music and hedonistic response is completely recovered. It's the closest I've felt to pre-PSSD ever.

Symptoms:
Libido: 9/10
Erections: 9/10
Orgasms: 10/10
Hedonistic response: 10/10
Emotional response: 7/10
Cognition: 3/10

This is making me very hopeful - a complete reversal is just a matter of lowering tonic glutamate firing. Hopefully Schisandra and Metformin can achieve this as well as restore cognitive functions. Too much/little NMDA receptors activation are not good for cognition.

Emotional response has improved a bit, but it's not fully back. My entire body feels very sensitive to touch and I don't crave being around any one. Probably the illness, though.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Steven

Unread post by Steven »

very good messo.
Can you please tell me what exactly you are taking and how much of it per day
I also want to try that.
I also took natrexon for a while
Thank you
I donate gladly for your exact indication then write me a message
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

most details are on the first page of this topic steven. If you need help translating german to english let us know, im sure there are german native speakers that can help you or alternatively my highschool german level probably is sufficient to help out.