New Dr. Goldstein Research [YOUR HELP NEEDED!!!]

Administrative notes and announcements.
Markc1113

Re: New Dr. Goldstein Research [YOUR HELP NEEDED!!!]

Unread post by Markc1113 »

What is his email so I can reach out to him, thanks!
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Is he still theorising that its a pre existing spinal injury?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

GIXXER wrote:Is he still theorising that its a pre existing spinal injury?
I can clarify that a bit.

He never believed that there was a pre-existing injury, but if he sees spinal injury on a scan he will treat it. There have been some people who came in with "PSSD" but the problem was spinal in nature. When he fixed the problem, they were cured. This is a small percentage of all sufferers and Dr. G knows this.
Markc1113 wrote:What is his email so I can reach out to him, thanks!
I don't want to post it to the internet at large but I will PM it to you and anyone who wishes to contact him about this.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Spins

Unread post by Spins »

I contacted him and he said that they have an MD that is reviewing PSSD patient records for a publication. I AM EXTREMELY grateful for this but I would be more interested in next steps after this. I dont know that doing a records review is the type of study we need. We know we are messed up, probably each in a different way. It would be fantastic if Goldstein or Healy would lead a scientific study like the PFS studies. If this records review is meant to raise awareness to start funding for a study, this would be more enticing. More actionable.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Dr. G wants to do more but doesn't think he can raise the funds. The records study is easier because it is cheap. If we can show that we can raise... $250,000, then he will be able to do more.

We need people to give more if we want this to happen.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
yesterday

Unread post by yesterday »

I'm also outside the US. If there's a way to participate from abroad, please let us know. Otherwise I look forward to the publication!
Spins

Unread post by Spins »

Ghost wrote:Dr. G wants to do more but doesn't think he can raise the funds. The records study is easier because it is cheap. If we can show that we can raise... $250,000, then he will be able to do more.

We need people to give more if we want this to happen.
Yes I agree. That's why this review study needs to be the foundation for something bigger (e.g., a fund raiser). Our community is so small that raising that on our own would take a while. Unless its lawsuit money, but that would also cost a lot of money as well. I think Healy had the right motive with raising funds for a prize, but instead of a prize it needs to be for a study. Blows my mind we can't get the two to work together. That's a 70k start right there.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

yesterday wrote:I'm also outside the US. If there's a way to participate from abroad, please let us know. Otherwise I look forward to the publication!
Reach out to Dr. G or the San Diego Sexual Medicine Clinic and ask!

http://www.sandiegosexualmedicine.com/
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

Dr. Goldstein isn't reliable because he is responsible (he is the editor-in-chief of the journal) that a PSSD review with a lot of mistakes was published: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... ala#p14814
It's embarrassing how many mistakes there are as if not a single person read the article before it was published. In high school you would get a D or E for such a bad review as the authors were not even able to quote correctly. The review even suggested to lower the dose of an SSRI as a treatment for PSSD...... When they publish something with such extreme mistakes, it's better that they don't publish anything at all. PSSD reviews from other journals don't contain such extreme mistakes.

Goldstein was also responsible for Reisman's review, which also contained some stupid mistakes (though not as bad as Bala's review): http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... man#p14815
Last edited by future-recovery on Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
future-recovery

Re: New Dr. Goldstein Research

Unread post by future-recovery »

Ghost wrote:this isn't a scam of any sorts. This is different from his normal work[...]
He won't lie or falsify data, but he IS going to work his hardest with his team to get something published.
Lol :roll: :lol: , why should the quality be higher than his "normal work", which included publishing PSSD reviews that had false data indeed as I showed in my previous post.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de