UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Topics related to activism.
Frog

UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Frog »

UK members, as you can see for the other thread our MPs are beginning to help us and more numbers can give us momentum! This has the potential to be the beginning of a real revolution. My MP wants to lead a cross party campaign to the health minister so I urge all UK sufferers to write to their MP. Please be professional and polite and avoid derogatory phrases so we are taken seriously. Tell your story and experiences. Make them feel sorry for us. After you’ve contacted them let me know so I can pass your MPs info on. Do your part for yourself and everyone else, CONTACT YOUR MP. This can be through post, email, a phone call. Who cares how, JUST DO IT!
Gameclay

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Gameclay »

Good news. This is super important! Wish I could participate from the US. Europe seems to be way ahead in terms of gaining PSSD acceptance. Good luck and keep up the great work!
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Great news - well done. Could you share your letter as a template? I will personalise it. Thanks
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Kk88 wrote:Great news - well done. Could you share your letter as a template? I will personalise it. Thanks

Yeah sure, I’ll put one together ASAP!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Gameclay wrote:Good news. This is super important! Wish I could participate from the US. Europe seems to be way ahead in terms of gaining PSSD acceptance. Good luck and keep up the great work!
Thank you! You could try and do something in the US, I’m not too sure about your political system but you could contact local representatives!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Potential letter template...

Dear ...,

I’m writing to you today to express my concern and ask for your help. I’m one of your constituents from ....

In (month and year) I was prescribed the SSRI (med name). I was on this for (how long and dose). It was given to me (by who and what reason)

While on the drug I experienced ( any side effects?) which I understand from the NHS website and from the patient leaflet is very common. I was told by my (prescriber) that this would return to normal upon discontinuation and there would be no lasting side effects.

Now, (how long since discontinuation) on I continue to suffer from sexual side effects such as ...) Having researched this further I’ve discovered that many other people also have this problem after coming off SSRIs. It is being called Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD). I’ve attached a link below explaining the condition.
https://rxisk.org/post-ssri-sexual-dysfunction-pssd/

As you can imagine this has impacted me significantly... could talk about relationship issues? Having kids? Suicidal feelings?

I need your help in fighting this. Currently there is no warning of this on any medication leaflets. This needs to change. If I was aware of this risk I would never have started the medication. Public awareness needs to be raised so people can make an informed decision before taking SSRIs so they don’t feel betrayed like I do. Also research must be done to cure this condition. It is causing extreme harm to people and in some cases leads to suicide.

Is there anything you could do to help me and the many others suffering from this? We need help to find a cure and get our lives back, also to stop other people experience what we are.

This has also now been recognised by the EMA however there is still no research into our life changing condition. People with mental health issues deserve better than this!

Please don’t hesitate to contact me back.

Yours sincerely,
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Let’s keep this at the top of the forum, come on UK members, I’ve even posted a letter template. There must be more than the 3 or 4 who have already spoken to. Do your part!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

I ask again that all UK members contact their MPs! There has to be more than 4 of us. There is a template letter above, no excuses! Rxisk are also meant to be sending an email tomorrow to ask the same thing!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Rxisk have now sent an email asking that you do this, PLEASE DO!
Northern_Star

Unread post by Northern_Star »

This is a good initiative. We need to make our voices heard. People need to know the dangers of these medications. People need to know we are there and suffering. If we don't create awareness, few people will care and few people will do something about it (research). So, everyone, make your voices heard!