UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Topics related to activism.
Frog

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Frog »

Please also send this link to your MPs and anyone else who might listen!

https://professionals.issm.info/events/ ... sfunction/
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Hi guys,

All going well I’ll be meeting with my MP next month face to face. I’m going to push for a debate in the U.K. parliament as well as questions to the health department on what they plan to do regarding research and treatment for PSSD and other post drug syndromes.

If you are from the U.K. and haven’t already, please contact your MP and let me know their name. A cross party collaboration could be extremely beneficial and the more names we have the better!

Please let me know when you do this and if you have any questions. There’s a letter template on the forum and on the Rxisk post “the politics of PSSD”. All you have to do is make it specific to your case. It shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes.

Please get involved, you have nothing to lose!
climb

Unread post by climb »

Hi everyone,

My MP wrote to the department of health and social care.
I got an unsatisfactory response from them but they know about our association.
I've contacted him today copied to Frog's MP to ask him to work with others to form a group to debate this in parliament. I'm going to call him next week to follow it up.

If you're in contact with your MP, please do the same!
If not, following the instructions Frog referred to above to do it.

We have to make this happen otherwise it'll just be more of the same excuses. Let's be brave, take responsibility and not take no for an answer.
JLo22

Unread post by JLo22 »

Thank you Climb
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

For anyone who’s interested, caught up with my MP today for the first time in quite some time. Went through progress so far and showed him some of the correspondences that others of you have had with various individuals. He’s going to let me know what he decides to do but likely to include some questions to ministers and hopefully discussions with the shadow health secretary.

I emphasised how the recognition is better but still no where near where it needs to be and the fact there’s no treatment or specific research into PSSD pathology (including anhedonia, brain fog and worsening through other drugs).

If anyone has any useful correspondences, please do send them my way and I can add them to the file. Please also contact your MPs and ask them to talk to Steve McCabe. The more names we can add, the better. Even if you’ve done it already please do again.
omar90

Unread post by omar90 »

I met with the team of my local mp in south London after the daily mail article was published. They are interested in following it up, possibly with a question in the commons. I'd recommend anyone in the UK to visit their mp and show them the daily mail article. We should encourage them to work together if they are interested in helping us
Fluoxetine 2008-13, PSSD thereafter

Condition worsened after 4 weeks on Setraline in 2014
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

omar90 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:44 pm I met with the team of my local mp in south London after the daily mail article was published. They are interested in following it up, possibly with a question in the commons. I'd recommend anyone in the UK to visit their mp and show them the daily mail article. We should encourage them to work together if they are interested in helping us
Indeed! Go armed with reputable articles and research to back your case!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Frog wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:15 pm For anyone who’s interested, caught up with my MP today for the first time in quite some time. Went through progress so far and showed him some of the correspondences that others of you have had with various individuals. He’s going to let me know what he decides to do but likely to include some questions to ministers and hopefully discussions with the shadow health secretary.

I emphasised how the recognition is better but still no where near where it needs to be and the fact there’s no treatment or specific research into PSSD pathology (including anhedonia, brain fog and worsening through other drugs).

If anyone has any useful correspondences, please do send them my way and I can add them to the file. Please also contact your MPs and ask them to talk to Steve McCabe. The more names we can add, the better. Even if you’ve done it already please do again.
Another reminder for UK sufferers. Please let me know by posting to the thread or DM who your MP is when you’ve contacted them so I have a full list for a potential collaboration
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

6 MPs contacted so far since we restarted this including my own. There are 650 constituencies in the UK so let’s get as many as possible. If your MP is in the cabinet or shadow cabinet then there’s even more reason to do this
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Recent response to Steve’s question. This is why we need more MPs to push this collectively. If you contact them please let me know. This needs careful communication. If you’re from the UK and haven’t done this very simple and free thing I have to question why

https://questions-statements.parliament ... 1-21/92076