UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Topics related to activism.
Frog

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Frog »

Has anyone done this yet? No point moaning if you’re not doing anything. As you’ve all seen Mesolimbo is seeing some promising results but there’s no point being excited if we can’t get access to them because the condition isn’t properly acknowledged! There is a temple letter and an MP ready to help, all he’s waiting on is numbers!!!
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Yes I’ve done it...
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Kk88 wrote:Yes I’ve done it...
Great stuff! Are you good to message me your MPs name so I can pass it on?
omar90

Unread post by omar90 »

I contacted Helen Hayes about PSSD in 2018 so you can add her to the list if you haven't already. Hoping to meet her on 8th or 15th for face to face meeting at her surgery.
Fluoxetine 2008-13, PSSD thereafter

Condition worsened after 4 weeks on Setraline in 2014
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

omar90 wrote:I contacted Helen Hayes about PSSD in 2018 so you can add her to the list if you haven't already. Hoping to meet her on 8th or 15th for face to face meeting at her surgery.
Hope it goes well! Keep us updated!
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Frog wrote:
Kk88 wrote:Yes I’ve done it...
Great stuff! Are you good to message me your MPs name so I can pass it on?
Chris Leslie. I message RxISK to let them know once id messaged. Thanks to everyone who is pushing for this, it seems like great progress
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Sorry to keep hassling but if you’re in the UK and haven’t done this yet you’re throwing away a massive opportunity!
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

I've had a response -

"Thank you for getting in touch with me regarding PSSD. I am sorry to see from your email that you are affected by this condition.

Is it unfortunate to note from your email that people taking SSRIs experience the symptoms associated with PSSD after stopping their treatment. As a lot of people take SSRIs to manage relatively common conditions like depression or anxiety, it is at least positive that this adverse effect has been clinically recognised. I hope that more research into the biological mechanisms underlying the development of this condition can be carried out with a view to ultimately finding a cure.

With the very real prospect of an imminent general election on the horizon, I may not be able to look further into PSSD as soon as I would like. I will however explore opportunities to work with my colleagues in parliament in the future to see how best I can help on this matter"
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Kk88 wrote:I've had a response -

"Thank you for getting in touch with me regarding PSSD. I am sorry to see from your email that you are affected by this condition.

Is it unfortunate to note from your email that people taking SSRIs experience the symptoms associated with PSSD after stopping their treatment. As a lot of people take SSRIs to manage relatively common conditions like depression or anxiety, it is at least positive that this adverse effect has been clinically recognised. I hope that more research into the biological mechanisms underlying the development of this condition can be carried out with a view to ultimately finding a cure.

With the very real prospect of an imminent general election on the horizon, I may not be able to look further into PSSD as soon as I would like. I will however explore opportunities to work with my colleagues in parliament in the future to see how best I can help on this matter"
We are at a standstill until after the election. Just have to hope that the helpful MPs keep their seats!
Spins

Unread post by Spins »

RXISK contacted me directly to reach out to Alex Gatenby and I did. Unfortunately, they are only looking for UK citizens to do this and I am in the United States. If you live in the UK, I personally believe you owe it to everyone else across the globe who have this condition to be involved in this to blow open this secret the medical community has kept for decades now.