Important meetings-URGENT

Topics related to activism.
Frog

Important meetings-URGENT

Unread post by Frog »

Hi all,

Over the next month I have 2 meetings with people who could be very beneficial to us and our cause. I won’t go into any more detail until I’ve met them upon which I will explain everything. Going into the meetings it would be very beneficial if I had some stories other than my own so your input is needed. Could you please tell me in short how PSSD has affected your life? This could be end of relationships, depression or whatever you think or feel is important. If you’d rather not write it on the thread please DM me or email Frogpssd@gmail.com

I respect your privacy so your name will be kept off everything

Thanks for your help everyone, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me
AnhedonicApe

Re: Important meetings-URGENT

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Yo, u could copy my reddit post, it's my story. https://www.reddit.com/r/antidepressant ... d_my_life/
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Yo, u could copy my reddit post, it's my story. https://www.reddit.com/r/antidepressant ... d_my_life/

Thanks buddy
Bear

Unread post by Bear »

Done. I have sent you an email. Help a brother out guys! :)
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Bear wrote:Done. I have sent you an email. Help a brother out guys! :)

Thanks pal
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Please keep it coming everyone, the more the better!
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

Frog, You can take introduction details of people from these 2 threads if these are enough;
1. http://www.pssdforum.com/viewforum.php?f=14
2. http://www.pssdforum.com/viewforum.php?f=41
Yellow99

Unread post by Yellow99 »

Hi,

I‘m female, 24. I have narcolepsy (rare neurological sleeping disorder) that actually messed up my life already before pssd. As there is no cure for this I thought after years of trying to deal with it and sleeping my life away I had to do something about it with meds. 7 months ago I got prescribed citalopram, completely stupid decision from the doctor, but back then I trusted the doctor and after some (not so detailed) googling and two weeks thinking time I took the pills thinking they were safe. I‘ve always been a hypochondriac and my health was always very import to me, I didn’t smoke, drank alcohol very rarely, abstained from all meds that weren‘t necessary even pain killers I avoided when I was in pain. I googled every med always before taking it, but with citalopram I was kind of not so worried because I thought millions of people take ADs so what could happen.. stupid me. 3 days in I noticed less libido. I was a little bit hypersexual before, so I thought to myself „oh that’s actually good for me“. 4 days in I noticed that sex didn’t feel so good as always but didn’t think about it too much. 5 days in I finally noticed that something was very very wrong. My clitoris was completely numb, even after a lot of stimulation I couldn’t reach orgasm. I instantly made the connection with citalopram, googled it and instantly found out about pssd and panicked. I tried to calm myself, thinking that maybe it will go away if I stop the meds. What followed was 2 weeks of absolute horror. I couldn’t sleep, my whole body was burning from inside, I had desastrous anxiety (never had that before in my life), every few minutes my heart started to beat like I was about to get a heart attack. My whole body was shaking, my knees were weak, I had chills, felt extremely cold, had diarrhea, was extremely thirsty, couldn’t eat - when trying to eat after the 3rd day of eating nothing I almost threw up after one bite. I thought I was going to die with all these things going on. I begged the doctors in the hospital to help me, I think what I had was a serotonine syndrome. But the doctors denied that and only prescribed me more AD. Those two weeks I called the ambulance about 5 times because I really thought I was dying because my heart was beating so fast and my whole body burning from inside. But nobody was able to help me in the hospital, it almost seemed they didn’t take me serious and thought I was going crazy, but seriously who would with all these symptoms. It was absolute HELL. At that point I didn’t even care about my sexual function, I just wanted to survive.

What followed then was 3 months of absolute depression. A depression I also never experienced in my life before. I was only laying on my couch hoping for the days to go by. All day long I was thinking about what happened to me. I lost my sexuality overnight. The thought that I would maybe never recover was so horrible to, as my sexuality has always been VERY important to me. I cried every day my soul out, sometimes more often than once a day. In that Time I also had painful sensations in my genitals. I‘m self employed but in those months I couldn’t work anymore, my parents started to pay my apartment cause otherwise I could not afford it. Also I broke up with my boyfriend that I had back then. I was an absolute mess. I thought myself that I will never be normal again but I just thought to myself I have to make it day by day.

4 months of pssd, I slowly put myself back together. I started living my old life even though the sexual symptoms remained the same. My emotional health was getting better again. I started to make peace with the fact that something very horrible has happened to me and that this is just life and life is unfair. Then started a phase where I appreciated everything more that was still left in my life. Even the sexuality that was still left to me I appreciated. I started to take L-Arginine and everything was getting better. The pain in my genitals stopped and the sexual symptoms got a little bit better but still not near how it was before. I started to drink very often at that time. After a few weeks I had a „crash“. Pain and numbness got worse again. I was very frustrated but life went on.

Now 7 months in my life is almost back to normal, I have a lot of fun in my personal life and can also work again, but my sex life is not anything what it used to be before. I can have sex and enjoy it a little bit but the numbness is still very frustrating.
Broken

Unread post by Broken »

Was weaned off of Effexor XR over the course of two and a half months after taking drug for six years, with 150 mg being the average dose taken. Weaning schedule took me from 150 mg to 75 mg to 37.5 mg, with instructions to stop taking medication on March 22nd, 2018.

Developed long and short term memory problems, brain fog, increased heart rate, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, loud digestion, inability to eat as much as before, lack of concentration, lack of coordination, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, twitching all over body, burning sensation inside of head, anhedonia, increased anxiety, flashbacks, intrusive thoughts, total lack of motivation, long crying spells, cognitive issues, retrograde ejaculation, watery semen, lack of tactile sensitivity, ringing in ears, insomnia, panic attacks and extreme suicidal thoughts.

Severe withdrawal demanded reinstatement nearly two months later, starting with 37.5 mg for a week before going up to 75 mg. After being hospitalized for suicidal thoughts on August 6th 2018, psychiatrist doubled dose at 150 mg. After discharge, suicidal thoughts worsened until abrupt discontinuation of drug in early September 2018. Discontinuation effects worsened afterwards.
2010~2012: Prozac, Concerta, Wellbutrin (no effects)
2012~2018: Effexor with 150 mg being typical dose. Weaned off March, reinstatement in June, abrupt cessation in September.
Severe ED, less ejaculate, definitive shrinkage, lack of libido, anhedonia.