Why don't you contribute to the propeciahelp survey?

Topics related to activism.

Why don't you contribute to the propeciahelp survey?

I participated or am going to do it
67%
I don't feel like doing
14%
I think it's completely useless
8%
I tried but I didn't succeed
12%

Total votes: 51
Northern_Star

Re: Why don't you contribute to the propeciahelp survey?

Unread post by Northern_Star »

Only one more participant in the last three weeks. We need to get this train rolling again!
afx

Unread post by afx »

I think that we ran out of people that think strategically, only those "give me benefits right here right now without me having to do shit" are left - those are not willing to give a little of their time to do the Survey. They dont think neither care about science future of our condition, neither the long run, not to mention helping others.. Unfortunatelly
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Northern_Star wrote:That would be great, Frog. You don't have to do it in one setting as it saves your entries. So if you are short for time, you may be able to squeeze in a couple of answers every now and then.

I’ve posted my story and am waiting to receive the survey. Please take part everyone! It’s for your own benefit!
afx

Unread post by afx »

People, its so obvious so many of You who are actively posting here didnt fill out the Survey... not participating is not invisible, everybody likes a free ride, but things wont work well this way when everybody only takes, never gives. We have to think a little about future, about each other and about the whole Post Drug Syndrome (PSSD, PFS, PAS,..) community if we want to ever get somewhere. Give Your little tiny back, fill out the Survey, its important

1. Register at forum.propeciahelp.com
2. Open Member Stories and click +New Topic and post You member story (for example You can paste Your existing Intro post from this forum). After posting, Your Survey will unlock and You can fill it

Your not participating is not invisible, there is a list of members who did fill out the Survey so its obvious who didnt.. Each single participation is important and appeciated, please, do it right away. Thanks
Northern_Star

Unread post by Northern_Star »

I can only second afx' words. As of today, 207 people have completed our survey with some still in process. Of the 207 participants 49 are suffering from persistent side effects after antidepressants. Those are good numbers, but we want more. More data makes our suvey more powerful. We have set a minimum of 50 participants for antidepressants, but really would like 75 or better 100.

Remember, our conditions are still not widely accepted in the medical and scientific community. And even among people who accept this condition it is often mischaracterised as limited to sexual and/or mental symptoms. Our survey clearly shows that the scope of symptoms is much broader and can affect various tissues all over the human body in both males and females. To convince people of this, we need as much data as we can get. It will be much more difficult to ignore us, when we can present aggregated data from hundreds and hundreds of participants based on scientifically validated questionnaires. We need to blow them away with quality and quantity of the data. The quality is ensured, now we need everyone's help with quantity!

So, please participate in our survey, if you haven't yet! And thank you to those who have already, I am convinced that this will be the start of a very important collaboration to our common benefit!
afx

Unread post by afx »

Message for the people that "Do not feel like doing it" - if You do not feel like doing it, do it in chunks, in parts, it can be saved and resumed anytime, even the most heavy severe cases sufferers did the Survey, You can do it too, trust me, do at least a bit here and there, that way it is very doable. Give it a try people, You see the arguments that this is for scientific progress actually, not some pointless survey, but fighting for our ACKNOWLEDGMENT IN SCIENCE COMMUNITY, we want to push things forward, not to stay at the same spot all the time, right? Please, at least start Your Survey, it will be doable, trust me. Every single one of You is important, Yes, Your Survey DOES count, each single one IS important. Please, do the right thing and help. THANKS!!
afx

Unread post by afx »

Survey reminder No.473
Why?
Because its still surprising how many of You still didnt do the Survey - ITS IMPORTANT!!

1. Register at forum.propeciahelp.com
2. Open Member Stories and click +New Topic and post You member story (for example You can paste Your existing Intro post from this forum). After posting, Your Survey will unlock and You can fill it

Thanks - to those that care about PSSD, PFS, PAS future
rk1234

Unread post by rk1234 »

What else can we do to increase the participation rate?

It would be great if we had a list of those that already contributed so that we could individually message those that haven't completed the survey.
afx

Unread post by afx »

rk1234 wrote:What else can we do to increase the participation rate?

It would be great if we had a list of those that already contributed so that we could individually message those that haven't completed the survey.
Not a bad idea, I thought about it before, but also thought people would do Survey on their own awareness of its importance, but maybe its time to do this differently since the success rate or Survey is stuck at 1 PSSD participant per week - at its best, actually, its more like 1 per month currently.. There is a list of all Survey participants here - https://forum.propeciahelp.com/g/Completionists
But it doesnt have a filter for only PSSD participants. Maybe Northern_Star could provide us with pure PSSD list and afterwards we can match Propeciahelp usernames with our Pssdforum ones and it will be clear who exactly to ask to do their sufferer duty to the community if he didnt do so already
rk1234

Unread post by rk1234 »

Actually this list is all we really need since we are able to search usernames.

I'll start going through the users on this forum and comparing to the completion list.

I'm happy to individually message these people or post on their introduction topics.