TalkingAnt summary/log

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
TalkingAnt

Re: TalkingAnt summary/log

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Tfam489 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:03 pm Selegiline is similar to rasagiline?
Yes pretty much the same, although selegiline metabolizes to methamphetamine in small amounts which may or may not be physiologically relevant, but will cause failed drug test.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Tfam489

Unread post by Tfam489 »

And moclobemide?
I must start something for my depression (caused by pssd)
Drug test- don't care
DJoke

Unread post by DJoke »

Tfam489 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:33 am And moclobemide?
I must start something for my depression (caused by pssd)
Drug test- don't care
Hi,
I read this forum since around one year. I registered here just now to answer your question about moclobemide.
It's my 4th year with PSSD.

10 months ago my doctor prescribed me moclobemide. I agreed because he told me that it is "safe" and it could even increase my libido. I was taking it around 30 days. It was long enough to get the biggest crash I have ever had. I suffer untill now. The worst symptoms it caused me was ED (partially recovered), complete loss of sensation (it was not good before moclo but still better than now). After taking moclo sometimes I feel pain downthere which bothers me the most. That is only my experience but I would not reccomend that med to anybody with PSSD symptoms. Take care and one more thing. I think one of the most important questions members of our community should ask themselves is: better to live with depression or without sex?
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

hi dude. how are you doing nowadays PSSD-wise?
TalkingAnt

Still cured, libido, EQ, etc is all good! The issues I had with sleep turned out to be anxiety related which I addressed with methods by the Youtube videos of Sleep Coach School and the book "Untangle Your Anxiety" which I highly recommend to anyone with anxiety/insomnia. Feel free to DM me if you're struggling with those.

Another lifestyle hack I adopted is early time restricted feeding. Basically I shift my calories earlier in the day and don't eat 6 hrs before bed. This has significantly increased my deep sleep and energy levels.

My exercise is focused on cardio, with most of the time spent in heartrate zone 2 (low-moderate intensity) and one high intensity session per week. The goal is to stimulate mitochondrial improvements, which I feel has also helped my energy levels. I still lift weights 2-3 times per week if time allows, and get a decent boost in libido (especially after a good leg workout).

My diet is mostly the same as described in earlier posts. Focus on whole foods, avoid sugar, limit carbs to no more than 40g per meal, eat a lot of protein.

Some supplements I have been trying lately:
Creatine for exercise and energy levels.
Coenzyme Q10 for energy.
High EPA fish oil for mood boost (Nootropics Depot's AvailOM)
Ashwagandha KSM66 for sleep.
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

@talking ant. Do you think you would have recovered to a great degree without your trt trial?

How were you just before trt?
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
TalkingAnt

I had seen some improvements before TRT. I had some windows where I was able to have sex fairly well, and thought that with the right woman I could live with my state, granted there would be low periods. In the months after TRT, I saw dramatic improvements to where I am today, where my libido and function is quite high most of the time. Based on the time correlation of the dramatic improvements, I think it is highly likely that my TRT trial contributed to my full recovery. Keep in mind it was not a "standard" TRT trial as I ended up with high T/high E for the first half, and high T/low E for the second. I don't know if that mattered, but there seems to be some similarity to Spyro's estrogen theory.

However, without TRT, I think I could have still improved through time and lifestyle changes although probably not as dramatically or rapidly.
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

TalkingAnt wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:32 am I had seen some improvements before TRT. I had some windows where I was able to have sex fairly well, and thought that with the right woman I could live with my state, granted there would be low periods. In the months after TRT, I saw dramatic improvements to where I am today, where my libido and function is quite high most of the time. Based on the time correlation of the dramatic improvements, I think it is highly likely that my TRT trial contributed to my full recovery. Keep in mind it was not a "standard" TRT trial as I ended up with high T/high E for the first half, and high T/low E for the second. I don't know if that mattered, but there seems to be some similarity to Spyro's estrogen theory.

However, without TRT, I think I could have still improved through time and lifestyle changes although probably not as dramatically or rapidly.
Noted. Thanks
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions