Frog intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Frog

Re: Frog intro

Unread post by Frog »

Over the past week I’ve been taking Naltrexone to see what dose I can tolerate before a real trial. I started at 4.5mg and managed to build up to 31.5mg with no side effects at all. I wasn’t expecting much in terms of improvements from this week as it was more about testing my reaction to the drug however there have been some mild improvements in sexual function. I’ll post a more detailed description of this in a few weeks.

Plan going forward: I’ll stop taking it for now until I can get a prescription for 30mg (hopefully next week) as I don’t have enough LDN for a good trial. Meso says it should take a week to reach its full potential at 30mg so I’ll run a cycle of at least 2 weeks when my supply is replenished. I’ll post an update after this :)
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

Hi Frog! I’m curious why you’re going past the low dose threshold with naltrexone. I’ve read most benefits for things like autoimmune disorders come through low dose (<4.5mg) or ultra low dose (micrograms). Are there specific benefits for PSSD from using the full dose, in theory?

I have a prescription but can’t decide whether to microdose or take the 25-50mg. The 25mg seems to exacerbate my anxiety so far. But I’ve had two erotic dreams and morning erections in a row.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Nalt trial results

As mentioned in the previous post I was able to build up my dose of nalt quite quickly to 30mg as I had no side effects and even had some improvements with libido. After reaching the 30mg dose as recommended by Meso I took a short break and then started again at this dose. I quickly noticed that 30mg wasn’t working for me. All sexual symptoms were worse than baseline and I wasn’t able to recreate the libido increase that was there when building up the dose. Meso thinks these negative results are due to dopamine. He recommended I look for a dopaminergic but this would be expensive and I’ve seen that some people have lost effects to these over time. The chances that of getting something like rasagiline prescribed are also quite slim.

I decided to stop 30mg and take another short break with the plan being to start again at low dose and try to find threshold that gave me the earlier improvements. Unfortunately this wasn’t possible. Symptoms were better at lower dose (up to 22.5mg) however very inconsistent. Some days were slightly better than baseline and some were worse. Either way it was nothing that made me feel like this drug has any potential for me.

Plan going forwards: take a break from meds and supplements for a month or so and then take things from there. In the new year I’d like to get my hormones tested again and also look at a Dutch test
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

ryjoseph97 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:05 pm Hi Frog! I’m curious why you’re going past the low dose threshold with naltrexone. I’ve read most benefits for things like autoimmune disorders come through low dose (<4.5mg) or ultra low dose (micrograms). Are there specific benefits for PSSD from using the full dose, in theory?

I have a prescription but can’t decide whether to microdose or take the 25-50mg. The 25mg seems to exacerbate my anxiety so far. But I’ve had two erotic dreams and morning erections in a row.
There are some studies of nalt being used in sexual function that opt for higher doses. Unfortunately this didn’t work for me
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Hi all,

It’s been over a year since my last update. Been quite eventful.

Early 2022: hormone tests for the first time through up a curve ball. High T, high E2, high prolactin and high progesterone. Main fear was a prolactinoma. Meso suggested that high prolactin could be due to low dopamine caused by my poor diet. I started supplementing dl phenylalanine and eating higher protein, which fixed the prolactin issue. T however, remains high but endo isn’t concerned and we’re monitoring the situation.

Late 2022 - April 2023: finally got to trial Rasagiline & Naltrexone. Tried nalt at varying doses up to 25mg. With the exception of worsening of acid reflux at the start, there were no worthwhile improvements. Possibly improvements with EQ and sensitivity at times however no better than I’ve ever had naturally or with supplements. Currently tapering down nalt but will carry on with rasa for a while.

As a side note, I’ve been using a vacuum pump which seems to have improved shrinkage. Would recommend people using them if they don’t already.

Plans going forwards: I’m at a point of acceptance now. I still believe that in time, this condition is curable. The time frame for this is what worries me. I’m 22 now. I’m still trying to live healthier, but I find this difficult. It’s ongoing but as of right now, I stick to a 16/8 time restricted eating diet, one 24 hour fast per week and try to eat as cleanly as possible but there are still some processed foods. I’ve massively cut down on alcohol and now only drink alcohol when out. As I say, this has varying degrees of success. Some days I do slip but it’s an ongoing project.

I’m going to try a neuroplasticity program. This is all med free. Long shot and costly but happy to take it as risk free. Will feedback here. I’ve also been referred to a psychosexual therapist. Not expecting a cure from either of these, but if they can improve symptoms that may have a psychological component, I’ll take it.

After this, it’s well documented that I have benefited from ginseng as symptomatic relief. I want to perfect my herbal regimen for cycling. Will again feed back.

The aim of the herbal regimen will be sensitivity and libido improvements. The reason for this being, I’m considering a prosthesis/implant. It gives a guaranteed erection, with psychology taken out of the equation. I’m not willing to risk my mild condition on drugs if this is a possibility. Much easier to go down this route and pass off the reason for the implant as being nerve issue cause by meds which isn’t completely untrue. Obviously, an implant comes with it’s own risks. This is something I’m going to explore.

I’ll document everything here and happy to take any questions.
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

Hello Frog, how are you today? I really enjoyed reading your whole story.

Are you feeling more than 3/10 sexual pleasure and libido?

It seems to me that at the beginning of your process you were at 1-3/10, then with lithium orate and panax ginseng you stabilized at 3/10.

The addition of 500 mg Shilajit also seems to have helped with orgasm intensity.

Then you switched to naltrexone alone,
then to naltrexone + rasageline, with no improvement over ginseng + lithium.

Your original plan was to try naltrexone + 25 mg lithium orate + 1g panax ginseng + 500 mg Shilajit.

I'd have loved to know how that would have worked out ^^ Too bad you didn't try that mix.

For the opioid side, some plants stimulate them (like Black Cohosh, SWJ, Sage, Moringa Oleifera - the latter also has the advantage of affecting melanocortin 4 receptors - the same ones affected by the drug Vyleesi - bremelanotide). More information on opioid plants here: viewtopic.php?t=5683

Anyway, your story inspires me to try lithium orate with panax. But I'm going to start with other combinations next week.

Given the severity of our disorders and the fact that the benefits of medication (alone or combined) don't necessarily outweigh the benefits of herbal/supplement blends - I'm getting ready to pile on a lot of different herbs over the next few months.

... Until I'm in remission ^^
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Determined-Mind wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:15 pm Hello Frog, how are you today? I really enjoyed reading your whole story.

Are you feeling more than 3/10 sexual pleasure and libido?

It seems to me that at the beginning of your process you were at 1-3/10, then with lithium orate and panax ginseng you stabilized at 3/10.

The addition of 500 mg Shilajit also seems to have helped with orgasm intensity.

Then you switched to naltrexone alone,
then to naltrexone + rasageline, with no improvement over ginseng + lithium.

Your original plan was to try naltrexone + 25 mg lithium orate + 1g panax ginseng + 500 mg Shilajit.

I'd have loved to know how that would have worked out ^^ Too bad you didn't try that mix.

For the opioid side, some plants stimulate them (like Black Cohosh, SWJ, Sage, Moringa Oleifera - the latter also has the advantage of affecting melanocortin 4 receptors - the same ones affected by the drug Vyleesi - bremelanotide). More information on opioid plants here: viewtopic.php?t=5683

Anyway, your story inspires me to try lithium orate with panax. But I'm going to start with other combinations next week.

Given the severity of our disorders and the fact that the benefits of medication (alone or combined) don't necessarily outweigh the benefits of herbal/supplement blends - I'm getting ready to pile on a lot of different herbs over the next few months.

... Until I'm in remission ^^
Little to report on my case. Haven’t tried anything new and have good and bad days. No plans to try anything as of now. Feel that I could probably function if I was comfortable with someone but about finding the right person which I’m more open to now than I have been previously.

Only current thing that I’m doing is applying to do the RxISK CCM study and would encourage others from the UK to apply also. Will also wait to see whether or not they endorse VFF testing which I believe they’ve started to trial and are awaiting feedback.