Licorice root/kudzu root

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Juvo

Re: Licorice root/kudzu root

Unread post by Juvo »

Glitch wrote:I've been taking Kuzdu for like a week and a half. Nothing interesting to report.
That's a little discouraging as I thought kudzu was just a slightly weaker 3b-hsd inhibitor than Pueraria mirifica
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

Indeed. I'll keep trying it though. Time shall tell.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I think that 3Β-HSD is a good target, but like someone noted on the other thread started by Corragio, the main one implicated in SSRI treatment is 3α-HSD. My hope with Kudzu and Licorice is that the success stories were working on Estrogen. Kudzu mimics estrogen, so the body acts like there is more by shutting down those pathways, but at the same time I think you have the same amount of Estrogen... I just don't know enough about these pathways yet.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

Ghost wrote:I think that 3Β-HSD is a good target, but like someone noted on the other thread started by Corragio, the main one implicated in SSRI treatment is 3α-HSD. My hope with Kudzu and Licorice is that the success stories were working on Estrogen. Kudzu mimics estrogen, so the body acts like there is more by shutting down those pathways, but at the same time I think you have the same amount of Estrogen... I just don't know enough about these pathways yet.
Indomethacin looks to be a powerful 3a-HSD inhibitor.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3813284/
continue

Unread post by continue »

Ghost wrote:Today is my 4th day on Kudzu root.

Things have been better the past 2 days, and I've fantasized about sex and love more than I normally do.

It's hard to tell, however, if it's from the Kudzu root, the lack of sleep, the nystatin, the zinc, or from the Bacopa.

Usually it's lack of sleep that does the most for me, which happens all too frequently when I am in school.

I've also been keeping in shape, eating well, and trying to reduce stress (usually unsuccessfully for the same reasons that I'm not sleeping - SCHOOL)
Hi, Ghost!

Do you think one should take Kudzu root (Pueraria lobata) or it could be Pueraria mirifica? Both have Puerarin.
I'm considering to give it a try.

(Have you noticed improvements with nystatin? I just quit it, together with inositol, MSM and zinc. I'm focusing on magnesium, copper, sodium and retinol)
Dark0047

Unread post by Dark0047 »

north4, so you only took licorice root or anything else with it? and did you cure your PSSD with it/them? even after stopping taking them? And also, I searched the licorice root in my native websites and it seems to be a root of a plant. Is it what you mean or is it a medicine because you said it is a capsule? Should I buy the root of the plant or get it from a drug store?
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Wasnt his post, just a copy-paste
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

This is Old post from PaxilProgress (there is a blog where someone saved many posts from PP)
Hi, I feel like I should post. Two serious side effects I have had from Lexapro have been hyperhidrosis and pssd. Last summer, I took licorice root for adrenal fatigue, and noticed that my excessive sweating cut back tremendously. I used to literally sweat compulsively through my shirt, but it is minimal now. I noticed this after the first day that I took it. However, I never saw much more improvements after the first couple of days. I came here to post that licorice root does make a difference and might help you with side effects, but it may not help full recovery. I also wanted to tell you it does in fact lower testosterone. I know this because I had my hormones checked before I started taking licorice root and then the following week and my T was lowered. So beware, it lowers test, but it helps side effects.

I am also thinking of starting up again, just to see if symptoms can improve some more, but don't want to deal with the anxiety that comes with it.

That is all. I would surely give licorice root a shot to anyone who has not seen any recovery from ssri withdrawl symptoms.
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Ive been taking licorice root for 2 weeks now and i notice it effects. The first couple days i had (way) better erections, but that effect decreased fast. (Wasnt normal either, it was simular to sildenafil. Weird i know, but it really was the case).
But more importantly, i notice a significant increase in my energy levels during the day which seem to be rather stable for 2 weeks now. This is in line what many people report on andrenal fatigue forums. Although im not a strong believer of the entire adrenal fatigue theory, it does something for me. I might try it for 3 months or so, as the author on the Dr.Bob forum suggests.

Maybe of interest, i actually searched for the 450mg licorice root he is describing and i bought this: https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson ... g-100-caps
It the non Deglycyrrhizinated version. Some users believe this is important, honestly i dont know, but it does something to my energy levels and i'm quite happy with it. Hoping it lasts.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

I m trying licorice at weekends, 3 x 400 mg daily (inspired by champster post from swolesource)
I ve noticed ache in balls and weaknes half hour after every dose .
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.