Licorice root/kudzu root

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
fablecloth

Re: Licorice root/kudzu root

Unread post by fablecloth »

popike27 wrote:I remember I had complete but temporary recovery after consumption of licorice root but I couldn't take it for more than a few days because it caused very strong anxiety and heart problems.
Any advice how to avoid these side effects?
Silexan/Lavender oil?

I have low estrogen, so licorice root might be worthwhile me trying. I'll get this to try and counter the increased anxiety (which I hope will also help my GAD):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/com ... silexan_is

On another note, did you ever get your sex hormones tested?
popike27

Unread post by popike27 »

Thanks. No, I have never had my hormone levels (estrogen, progesterone) tested because I'm currently taking birth control pills. But I had my prolactin levels checked two years ago and it was above normal.
JayR

Unread post by JayR »

Ghost wrote:Mate you know saw palmetto can cause PFS, right? Stay away from that stuff.
Yeah all the TV promotions are all nice until we got guys complaining about limp dick syndrome and then next we have class-action lawsuits against supplement companies who convince themselves "all is well". Saw palmetto is absolutely garbage. No one should take that shit. If you got prostate problems just take tocotrienols, Swedish Flower Pollen and such, its a lot safer!
JayR

Unread post by JayR »

Oh and btw, nowadays, a lot of these "formulas" have multiple anti-androgenic herbs, you combine that with massive amounts of Zinc (more than needed) and the result is almost certainly decreased DHT. So perhaps, Ghost, we should pin a post that warns PSSD patients not to touch these herbs as it may at the very least, hinder progress. Maybe something like "herbs and supplements to watch out for" or herbs that may negatively affect PSSD. Many aren't aware of this.
Charlotte21

Has anyone tried licorice root here?

Unread post by Charlotte21 »

Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone here tried licorice root and which effects did you have ! For how long did you take it ? And which quantity? Did it improve anything?
I decided to experiment it, i took 11 hours ago and the first effects it caused me were abdominal pain and diarrhea which i didn't have for a few months to be honest lol do you think it means anything bad ? or just cleansing my system?

Please tell me your experiences

Thanks in advance
hgwxx7

Re: Has anyone tried licorice root here?

Unread post by hgwxx7 »

Not yet but too much licroice root increases kidney burden.
buffkin14

-

Unread post by buffkin14 »

-
Last edited by buffkin14 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxx

Re: Has anyone tried licorice root here?

Unread post by Jaxx »

It gave me energy, better erections and morning wood. No effect on libido or anhedonia, speculating this was all about cortisol increase.

Effect wears off however, at least for me. Some people cycle it.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Gave me severe anxiety. I only lasted like 4 days.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)