Neurochemical/endocrine deficits behind blunted/flattened affect and ways to treat it?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
raven100

Re: Neurochemical/endocrine deficits behind blunted/flattened affect and ways to treat it?

Unread post by raven100 »

been_too_long wrote:
lw77 wrote:Guys we are here to help us, this forum must serve as a meeting point, an exchange of information and support. It is useless to clash and insult.
Let's use our energies for useful efforts.
Ok let me hit a few bullet points here.

I didn't speak my true feelings and call him a idiot. That would be a insult. I said anyone that follows would be the idiot. So.. no insult except to hypothetical people.

This is not a "clash" of personality nor a "clash" in theories. This is directed at facts. He HAS proposed use of drugs that CAN kill. For no other reasons than I think so. So yeah, that's dangerous. He has told people on numerous occasions to stop taking meds prescribed by their doctors. He is qualified to do so? Does he have any medical knowledge past reading WebMD to be countering what a doctor prescribes. So yeah, that's dangerous. I do not feel guilty about warning others.

His protocol... <shrugs> I don't know how if it has any potential because see no reason to delve into it.. that funny little lack of credibility and the fact there is no real science to suggest it. Claiming "Im sure" it will work means jack shit in science. Until it has been tried and worked... tried by another and worked.. tried by yet another.... it is nothing. A treatment that can not be reproduced, is NOT a treatment. We don't even have one success.

-----------------------------------------------------
People saying no drug will work on them is shakey at best. Your telling me that no matter how much cocaine they take, their heart and breathing does not increase? I call bull on that. A person can claim "I don't get stoned" or "I don't get drunk." Hard to argue that since its based on a persons perception. But... I can guarantee not a person here that says that, has gone to a medical professional while under the influence and had the proper test done to evaluate reflexes or mental faculties. How many drunks have said they are not impaired; then go out and kill someone in a wreck? Once again, all about perception. For the record "I can drink any amount of alcohol and not get drunk" is not a fact till you are laying in a ER on deaths door due to alcohol poisoning. Get to that point and still be able to pass a battery of sobriety tests.. Ill admit to being dead wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------
I have been called out a few times for being overly skeptical. There is a funny little thing about that... its seems Ive been right. Lets take two examples... antifungal thread- I was called out a few times in it. Result- OP updated and stated nobody should try it. Fecal transplant... once again called out. Result- its been several months; can I see the show of hands of all the people that tried it much less was cured?????? I mean, people acted like it was the holy grail for us. Why didn't all you people try it?

Just because you don't like the way I state things, does not make the statements incorrect. Im overly blunt, don't understand the concept of sugar coating, and do not hesitate to hurt peoples feeling. That doesn't make me wrong. An asshole perhaps but not wrong. I can live with being called that. Have done so all my life.

----------------------------------------------------
These forums have been here for how many years? How many years with the attitude of screw all them bullshit doctors.. screw real science... I will figure it out my way? If it is working then why do these forums still exist???????????????????????????

There is a lot of people that scream for a study into PSSD. Hey, at least that's a bit of science. Problem is at this point its pretty much impossible. Not even getting into the cost; but where do they start? We cant even agree on hallmark symptoms. Ive seen everything on this forum from PSSD causes hemorrhoids, bush eyebrows, headaches after workout, list goes on and on.. You think we can walk in front of a panel of experts with 1000 different symptoms and get anything but shrugs and head shaking? Hell, Ive see it declared the drugs that are not even SSRIs can cause PSSD. Naw... that's not confusing when presented.

For the record; according to my inbox, Im not the only one that feels this way. There is multiple other people that agree. Im just the only asshole that will publically state it.

---------------------------------------------------
Look, my ego can take the hit of being wrong. Id actually love to be wrong about everything I feel and say. Id love to open the page one day and find out someone has stumbled upon the magic bullet we are so desperately after. It hasn't happened in all these years.... someone fucking prove me wrong. Until than, my money is still on science finding the answer.
Is this zadig? Just report comments
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Dryed

Re: Neurochemical/endocrine deficits behind blunted/flattened affect and ways to treat it?

Unread post by Dryed »

been_too_long wrote:
zadig777 wrote:im giving it a run its not helping cause i dont respond to drugs
those who respond to drugs will benefit from it im pretty shure
I don't respond to drugs.... that is quite blanket statement don't you think? Im going to skip over the fact it is biologically impossible to not respond to certain drugs. I wont even point out that if you don't respond to drugs... SSRI is a drug.... you wouldn't have PSSD. I mean a positive or a negative is still a response...

Ill probably get censored for saying it and at this point I really do not care. I was born with a tough leathery ass no one here can chew thru. Your theories flip flop worse than a meth smoking fish out of water. You have suggested things that could literally kill people. You do not have the knowledge, experience nor credibility to be designing some treatment plan that doesn't even have pseudo-science to back it up. I would again remind you that your not a doctor and need to stop telling people what (and what not) to take, but it has flown over your head too many times to be worth the effort.

And for the record.... if a "protocol" or whatever we are calling it today, does not work on the vast majority of us... it is not a treatment, much less a cure for PSSD. One or two people claiming improvement doesn't come close to meeting NNT. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the term.
in reality it is not such an irrational or impossible affirmation, with a good probability our condition is caused by an insensitivity acquired to our own steroids, something about which on the forum propecia we discuss extensively and with incoming evidence carried out by a research funded by the their foundation.
To pathei mathos
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

TalkingAntColony wrote:sovietxrobot,

Great to hear you are doing better. Could you let us know the brands and dosages of what you are currently taking, and for how long? Thanks!
in regards to dopa mucuna, there is a paper that tested the actual amount of l-dopa in a variety of supplements, versus the amount stated on the label. the results varied anywhere from 10-110%. They reported that Source Naturals was one of the best (~100mg l-dopa per tab, per the label description). I have tried NOW brand, Barlow's (~240mg l-dopa per tab), and Source Naturals. I have had sustained results for about 2 months now. I've tried 800mg Source Naturals, 960mg of barrow's, and a combination of barlows + NOW- they seem to all be about the same.