Coping mechanisms

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
GIXXER

Re: Coping mechanisms

Unread post by GIXXER »

Take a break from PSSD and the forums. Try something new with your time and live day by day. Its easy to get sucked into hopelessness and despair. Stop thinking about the future and wondering if you'll ever be cured. Keep yourself super busy.
WeWillOvercome

Unread post by WeWillOvercome »

I am not trying to speak for BrokenDoll, but I can certainly identify with her feeling of loneliness. One of the things that I find the most challenging about PSSD is that when I explain it to non-PSSD sufferers, therapists, doctors, etc., they seem to think that depression is causing the low libido or I am depressed because of low libido.

It’s really hard for people to understand that for a lot of PSSD sufferers, depression is no longer a thing. I feel very little emotional range, if anything at all. The lack of feeling romantic/sexual attraction and happiness/sadness makes you feel like it’s not worth continuing, whereas depression will beat you down from constantly feeling sad.

That being said, BrokenDoll - you know what I’ve been thinking? Maybe this PSSD shit can open new doors in our lives. What’s something that you’ve always wanted to do, but have been too hesitant to do? How many people in this world are slaving away at some 9-5 job that they hate, and even though they have the money to go and travel somewhere, they would never do it because they want to keep up with the Jones?

I’ll bet there’s still something in this world that intrigues you - a place, an activity, etc. Aspire to go see that place or do that thing because you deserve it. Fuck PSSD. Don’t let this shit keep you in your house, on the couch, reading PSSDForum. This site is helpful to some extent, but it’s also brimming with negativity and unwarranted criticism. My mentality improved when i vowed to stop surfing posts so much and go out and do shit to occupy my brain.

Long story short - look deep inside yourself, and I think there is still a goal inside of you. Put that goal at the forefront of your brain, perhaps even above finding the antidote for PSSD. You want to go China? Save the money and fucking go.
Fluoxetine (Prozac) from August '16 to February '17. No sex drive, severe erectile dysfunction, pronounced anhedonia.
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

infinityzer00000 wrote:Hi everyone,

I tend to come back and post once in awhile and I figured now would be another good time. I'm not sure how many people I've reached with my suggestions to look at this from a different angle as it has worked out quite well for me. No depression, anxiety, or OCD and my sexual function is improving pretty regularly along with my emotional range. I used to be in the same position as a lot of you and while I don't want to offer false hope for anyone I am a testament to the fact that this approach was effective. If you're going to try things you might as well ad this to the list especially if you decide you've had enough and want to check out. So here it goes...

Trauma. Trauma. Trauma. There's a reason you can't feel things or enjoy things (anhedonia) and why your sex drive is none existent and that's because I believe you're all severely traumatized. It took me about 9 years before I was about to kill myself with nembutal before some therapist gave me hope with the concept of complex trauma. I was at the end. I was exhausted with all the insomnia and depression and stress and just absolute hell I was living in day to day. When the idea of trauma was first suggested to me I actually smirked and thought it was a joke and I'm taking the nembutal I ordered from China. The therapy when it started proved there was some truth to this. It made me aware that there was an immense amount of pain buried so deep in my heart that my body just shut down and coming off the drugs allowed all the pain to resurface at once and take everything offline, my emotions, libido, confidence, sexuality, excitement etc.

I came from a bad home. I didn't think it was bad, but it was pretty damn bad and that young version of me was in agony and I forgot all about him just like my parents did. Since I started my path to healing about 2/2.5 years ago I have become a completely different person. While I still struggle with the stress some days everything in my life is an order of magnitude better. I sleep, I have my sex, I'm kicking ass at my job, I'm enjoying things again and my emotions are coming back to the surface. I am learning to love myself for the first time.

Now the current state of your mind might skip over this completely because that's what I myself would have done in your shoes. The OCD and all the other symptoms make it seem like there really is no hope in hell that this could work, but what have you got to lose? There's no drugs necessary, just your own willingness to persevere and heal. I have answered a few messages from a couple of people over the years and I have pointed them in the right direction.

The bottom line is that your body is trying to protect you from pain by shutting things down.

Good luck everyone. Imagine those people that committed suicide when it turns out there was a solution? Unlocking the pain deep within you and facing it head on. Give it a try that's all I ask.
Seconding all of this. I got diagnosed with C-PTSD and was treated in therapy for trauma. It turned out I grew up in a terrible household and one of my parents was recently diagnosed with NPD.

Upon treatment my emotions and sex drive returned and now my life is better than it's ever been in a decade... and I was a "hopeless case."
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
continue

Unread post by continue »

BrokenDoll wrote:Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. I was just wondering what people's coping mechanisms are when they feel hopeless?

I'm 4.5 years with full blown PSSD and anhedonia and honestly I feel like giving up as I have yet to see a window. Even though I have been this way for a long time and it's my new normal, I'm finding it very hard to accept. Does anyone have any tips? I'm desperate so I'm going to start trying meds soon as I cant do this alone. In the past I have tried Maca Root, Inositol and Choline, and L-Tyrosine but to no avail/no windows. My loved ones are worried about me and some of them want me to go back on SSRIs, even though I have been off them since 2014.

I can cope with the asexuality, but the lack of zest/pleasure/joy/love etc for this long has got me beaten and run down. I dont see any way out of this and I feel so alone in this.
well... in fact, when I was feeling numb, anesthesized, with anhedonia... that was when I had GREATER POWER. since I wasn't feeling anything, I was so decided to cure all my life (body shape, psychological problems, job of the dreams... looking for alternatives to reverse aging, and so on...) that nothing would disturb me.

can't you find ANGER inside your numbness? Anger never left me. :twisted:
Anger is a very strong emotion that leads to transformation towards a better person.
jjr81

Unread post by jjr81 »

Question has anyone ever tried agomelatine? read a little about it and seems to help anhedonia. Is it available in the U.S?
BrokenDoll

Unread post by BrokenDoll »

Hey everyone, sorry for not replying individually. And sorry I'm only responding now, I try to stay away from PSSD forums for my mental wellbeing. Thank you for those who replied. I'm considering trying Wellbutrin soon. Do you know that gut health can be responsible for how well a medication works? Going to get my gut healthy first.

Bunny, it's great to hear from you, and I'm glad you're still doing so well. Same to you, Infinity. I don't think I have much trauma in the traditional sense at all, if you discount bullying. I think that PSSD is a traumatic thing though as I, and so many others, went from hypersexual to hyposexual in what seemed like a blink of an eye. How is everyone else doing here?
richarddevis3

Unread post by richarddevis3 »

t is very helpful information,Hire iPhone App Developer
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

With PSSD it is possible we all can lives a happy life. But the issue is we constantly compare our now self with our past self and worry. Then compare now self with our future self and get feared. I believe most of us are suffering because of the above mentioned reason. That suffer is fueling anxiety and you will make your life like a hell. The good news is how severely currently you are being suffered (Mentally and physically) you can end this suffer and build confident with just identifying above mentioned fact. which is you should not worry about past and should not fear about future. Next question is how to do that? simply put your mind only on current moment (now moment) and don't think about past and future self. Its a simple concept that lord Buddha(Greatest psychiatrist ever lived) told that all of your suffering can end. This should be practiced and you will witness the result in days. And you better have some advice from you tube Buddha sermons.
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

Guys,
We should understand suffering has to have some end and we all are not doomed how severely we affect from these medications. We should change our thinking pattern and build some confidence by our own courage. First its seems really hard but once you get going it will be easy with building confident. We should understand our mind and not the brain alone. I invite you all to try something new on my way. I am pretty sure you will get the confidence and find your own path to relief.
I follow Buddhist philosophy which have tremendous value to offer. Until find the cure I can show you some light towards the life. What you need to do is just read and listen what I provide then match them to your life and think..
If you are interested write something here or send me PMs
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

Hi Guys,
I will share with you one of Eckhart tolle's video about how anxiety kills your present happiness. This video itself has a magic that you will be relived from your anxiety for some time at-least. I recommend this for who has PSSD induced anxiety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiEU84nHEcY&t :)