UPDATED: Nearly 100% recovered with MDMA / Shrooms combo

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
RainebowGirl

Re: UPDATED: Nearly 100% recovered with MDMA / Shrooms combo

Unread post by RainebowGirl »

Thank you so much for checking back in with us!
I hope for your continued recovery as well. We really appreciate you updating us.
I've done a low dose of MDMA and was thinking of micro-dosing with shrooms once they're back in season, so it's nice to see it's worked for your PSSD.
Never hippyflipping, but I'm willing to try it for science B) It'll probably be way more chill than candy flipping, anyway.
:?
Used Effexor, Wellbutrin from 2012 - 2015. PSSD 4Y after.
Reinstated with Wellbutrin from March 2019 - May 2019. 65% improvement that leveled out closer to 40%.
Implemented yoga and pelvic floor therapy on and off.
Now at 85%! :mrgreen:
dangerwood

Unread post by dangerwood »

afx wrote:Taking MDMA can be eqvivalent to playing russian rullette with Your life (I know a person that actually died from it), not to mention the combo of MDMA and mushrooms. Some things on this forum are totally dangerous, some kind of medical advisor for health safety would be something that this forum would definately need
I’m not advising anyone to take this combo I’m just sharing my own personal experience. I stated several times that I am not 100% sure that this combo is what cured me, it’s just the only thing that makes sense as to why I was essentially cured overnight as I took these 2 substances 2 days before I felt these effects. Also these sort of stories gave me so much hope when I was at my worst. A lot of people on this forum still believe recovery is impossible.
We're all gonna make it brah
dangerwood

Unread post by dangerwood »

zadig777 wrote:
afx wrote:Taking MDMA can be eqvivalent to playing russian rullette with Your life (I know a person that actually died from it), not to mention the combo of MDMA and mushrooms. Some things on this forum are totally dangerous, some kind of medical advisor for health safety would be something that this forum would definately need
mdma causes damage just like ssri so idk how is this a good idea honestly
I never said it was a good idea to take this brah. I did not advise anyone to take this as I am not a doctor and I can’t prove it is safe and will work for everyone, unlike yourself who tends to give out bold medical advice without any real evidence/ experience.
We're all gonna make it brah
afx

Unread post by afx »

Look, I know You are not giving advices and that You just share Your story with good intentions and to give hope. It is just that all recovery posts get written into peoples minds and thinking and future consideration, sometimes even if only subconsciously to try things out in the future.. This even sounds like a quick fix so it is even worse in this sense. The problem is that if someone would write here that they accidentaly ate rat poison and they got cured - You can bet Your shoes that someone desperate enough will try to repeat it. I just want everybody that will ever remotly think about trying this out to think 10x times before doing it, because things can get quick bad turns and this is potentially even fatal to try. Do Your extensive and I mean extensive detailed research what can go wrong with extasy and why and what to do in critical situations (how to handle heat, how much water in what time can You maximally drink (must stay hydrated but 2 glasses per 1 hour max), be with someone sober and experienced, no OTC and no antidepressants during or before trying this, You can never be sure what they sold You and what is the exact dose.., what is serotonine syndrome and symptoms of it etc.). I wouldnt be writing these mini guidelines but the post is already out and You need to know that this is simply totally risky, be super f***ing careful before thinking about trying this, this is dangerous, know Your stuff extensively before trying. Final though - do not try this, there are safer things to try, this is for super experienced only, highly risky

The thing is that we all criticise Big pharma, psychiatrists, etc for giving us Antidepressants without warning us that we can develop PSSD and emotional bluntness and without them telling us that there are other safer options how to get better. So we have to be more responsible than them and learn from it, I do not say not to post suggestions and experience, just some posts shoud have equivalent to Black box warnings. Safety first, forum
marsupial

Unread post by marsupial »

Again noone is convincing anybody to try it. It is just a report of a luck and positive experience that one man had. We are all grown men responsible for our choices. It is good that you pointed out the risks which I agree with. But the discussion should be now how its possible that this helped a man and if it is a way to trying it and minimizing the risks, like low dosing. As a side note PSSD is dangerous condition as well as it can make suicidal people that would otherwise not have thoughts of such a thing. So please lets focus on the risks and positive knowledge we can draw from this experience
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

The deaths you hear about from MDMA are usually due to dodgy pills, so anyone who wants to try this should make absolutely sure that they've checked for purity. Be safe, do your research. I have experience with both drugs in the past but would be quite wary about trying them together without doing them individually first in PSSD state.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's surely interesting.

One of the first things I tried was DMT (aka. ayahuasca), but that was more for PSSD-related blunted affect and anhedonia, not for the sexual symptoms. Alas, I wasn't as lucky with my experience.

There are psychedelic 5HT2A agonists, and non-psychedelic 5HT2A agonists (i.e. Lisuride). The mechanism behind psychedelia is inactivation of mGluR2 receptors, since 5HT2A receptor forms a heterocomplex with it.

Lisuride, a non-psychedelic agonist, doesn't cause phosphorylation of mGluR2. So, it doesn't induce any hallucinations/trips.

Perhaps by combining MDMA with psilocybin and alcohol, some of the glutamate receptors were permanently re-arranged, and the serotonin receptors were modulated. Serotonin depletion would also make sense on top of that. It's a risky combination, though.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

2 weeks ago before I was going out with friends I took 0.25mg cabergoline at home, we went to a night club where I took 4-5 drinks and out of desperation I took ~80-100mg of MDMA. When the effects of MDMA started to fade away I started to feel horny and felt like my PSSD symptoms 100% relieved. But after waking up next day everything was back to 'normal'.

I had somewhat similar experience in January when I took 1.25mg bromocriptine and drank a few glasses of red wine. For the next day afternoon my sexual function returned and stayed for 3 days in a row.

So something is definitely going on. I was also thinking somewhat the same what Mesolimbo says. You're lucky though the effects seem to stick.
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

I also had 2 times this "blue monday". But... it was not blue. Not at all. The next day after ecstasy use was pretty good, better libido and better mood.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

it does make some sense.
Several people, including myself, felt normal again after quitting ssri initially, pssd came a week after.