Turmeric Curcumin

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Ciprofloxacin

Re: Curcumin made PSSD worse

Unread post by Ciprofloxacin »

snappsack09 wrote:^That answers not helpful at all. Don’t give any detail or anything, just say “yeah it’s permanent.” Then telling me to give up. I would like to hear from other people if curcumin lowered their functioning and whether or not they improved.

To answer your question, I guess my anxiety levels went down after PSSD. I don’t get anxious in the same way that I don’t derive pleasure from things like music anymore. My emotions are flattened and I don’t think as clearly as I used to.
I'd like to help, but I don't know how to help. Of course don't give up. But you have to accept that. I got bigger crash from masturbation too.

I had a sudden worsening after eating 2 grams of black pepper with 3-4 grams turmeric. I haven't seen any improvement after that day. Maybe it's because I'm already worsening by time and didn't notice that I bounced back from curcumin's effect.

Your anxiety levels are reduced just like mine. Some people in this forum are just the opposite of ours. That pushed me to think that we had different problems at some point.

I suggest you look at this list.

https://naturalsupremacy.com/2018/06/08 ... -lower-it/

And to that.

http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1491

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/82767411.pdf

low allopregnanolone --> high anxiety
high allopregnanolone --> low anxiety
Last edited by Ciprofloxacin on Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Re: Curcumin made PSSD worse

Unread post by Ghost »

Merged to the curcumin thread 11/3/18
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
squirtleSquirtle

Re: Turmeric Curcumin

Unread post by squirtleSquirtle »

Great thread! Anything new to report??
20 mg Prozac, March-May, Septemeber-December 2015
Problems starting at discontinuation: very low libido, erectile dysfunction, watery semen, no morning wood
Current Problems: mild erectile dysfunction
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

Disclaimer that my PSSD consists of extreme anxiety and depression, terrible sleep, low libido, and PE/muted orgasm. Also, I’ve had no significant sexual improvements from turmeric (no harm though). In fact, some days it feels like my libido is better.

1/8tsp organic Turmeric powder (I eat two black pepper kernels with it) has been a strong antidepressant and anxiolytic. I have the most vivid dreams I’ve ever had when I take it (even more than Paxil). But during my dreams, I visit my trauma and wake up feeling like I’ve made steps toward healing (there are about 4 traumatic events that occurred over the past two years - one of them is the realization of my PSSD & others are relationship based). It feels very similar to what I’ve read about REM rebound. Apparently REM sleep is where we do a lot of emotional processing.

The only side effect I have had is myoclonus, but that is only with doses greater than 1/8tsp. And it always goes away after a few days of stopping the turmeric.

I know this thread has been dead for a while. But I wanted to make a post for those who have PTSD/depression symptoms and haven’t tried this supplement.

Edit: Link to REM sleep claim: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2890316/
vera2023

Unread post by vera2023 »

Can someone please tell would Curcumin working as a 5a-reductase inhibitor make curcumin something to avoid or something worth considering?

I am thinking of taking a supplement which would have 0,11 g curcuma longa in daily portion (not looking for help for pssd with this supplement).Im thinking is this a risk and should I find a supplement without curcuming.
Ciprofloxacin wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:30 am Look at this study. Curcumin is a 5a-reductase inhibitor as well as like EGCG and “finasteride”.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11380153/

“Hamster flank organ growth, as measured by an increase in the area of the pigmented macule, is androgen-dependent. When flank organs of a castrated hamster are treated topically with testosterone, the flank organ becomes larger and darker. Since this growth is known to be dependent on the intracellular active androgen, 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT), inhibitors of 5alpha-reductase which converts testosterone to DHT can inhibit the growth of the flank organ. Certain unsaturated aliphatic fatty acids, such as gamma-linolenic acid and myristoleic acid, as well as other natural compounds, including alizarin and curcumin, are 5alpha-reductase inhibitors and inhibited flank organ growth. Green tea catechins, including (-)-epicatechin-3-gallate, and (-)-epigallo-catechin-3-gallate (EGCG) are also 5alpha-reductase inhibitors and inhibited flank organ growth.”