CURED

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
PsychoGenesis

Re: CURED

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

AnhedonicApe wrote:I am convinced the main problem of our syndrome is the silencing of genes. Read this about Lithium:

''Lithium acts by preventing the process of DNA methylation, which is critically important to improving mental health and preventing mental and emotional disorders.''

And also this: ''Decreased global methylation in patients with bipolar disorder who respond to lithium.''

And also this:'' Lithium Down-regulates Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1)''

Meaning, this might be a good psych med against epigenetic silencing. Has any of you tried it longer term besides bunny, and if so, what is/was the experience.
whoa thats great, i've used it at 15mg/d
gonna try it again, you think i need a higher dose?

im already on hydralazine/valproate
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I have tried lithium in the past at low doses, but only for 2 weeks. I haven't notice anything aside from very frequent urination. Needing to pee every 15 mins was worrying, as lithium can trigger nephrogenic diabetes insipidus (which is reversible upon withdrawal). I freaked out and quit taking it.

It's a very interesting drug. It can improve the brain's metabolism through several pathways and modulate neuroplasticity. Just keep in mind that its therapeutic window is narrow, so try getting it prescribed and be under a doc's supervision for blood tests.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
north4

Unread post by north4 »

Bunny wrote:Juvo: I introduced the paroxetine a couple of weeks ago, 10mg to start. We will try to keep it at as low a dose as possible.

Glk87: I don't know if lithium helped for sexual dysfunction as much as it did the major depression. I started it in May, but didn't see any sexual improvement until several weeks later.

north4: Quite right that I need to be careful with lithium, in fact my doctor has me check my blood lithium levels and thyroid every month to monitor for potential complications.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I should probably set out a timeline for all this:

December: started weekly pelvic floor therapy (to eliminate pain during sex)
January: started weekly trauma psychotherapy (for PTSD/depression and to rule out a personality disorder), also started weekly chiropractic treatment
May: started lithium to deal with major depression and suicidal urges
August: started paroxetine (for OCD)

I began seeing sexual improvements in June. I think it was a combination of everything working together.
Hello Bunny,

congrats to your cure =) . i hope you can enjoy live again, i have some question:
what is you weight and height during intake of lithium carbonate ? did you take it every day and how often, one or tow times and what dosage at the beginn ? you sayed it was from may to june, how much time exactly for effects ? how much frequent was your urination, did you had more thirst during intake ?

thank you for your help

north4
Whatsapp join https://thinfi.com/cck5 password: pssd
Facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/postssrisexdysfunction
https://youtu.be/BIVe6Uf5pn8

PLEASE REGISTER TO FORUM AND WRITE YOUR STORY - TAKE PART IN TRAIL AND ERROR
FrankG1178

Unread post by FrankG1178 »

Hi Bunny -

I’m new to this site and am struggling with PSSD. I take 900 mg lithium at night and realize it immediately makes me able to sexually function. However, it then makes me tired. Do you take Lithium ER? When do you take it? Thanks!
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

I am amazed that there hasn’t been a large number of people here trying Lithium after this recovery report. As far as I know it’s basically the only one on the forum (or at least easily the most convincing one)? No one here has made any attempt to repeat this recovery at all? I am visiting from a different community (Accutane).
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

vkn1 wrote:I am amazed that there hasn’t been a large number of people here trying Lithium after this recovery report. As far as I know it’s basically the only one on the forum (or at least easily the most convincing one)? No one here has made any attempt to repeat this recovery at all? I am visiting from a different community (Accutane).
Im with you. This is the ONLY cure I find credible. Im itching to try lithium myself but moonwife wont ok it till get some other medical issues under control that it can aggravate.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

if anyone is willing to try to take Lithium, I recommend doing so after contacting David Healy who can give you suggestions and directions and keep him updated on the effects David.Healy54@googlemail.com
PsychoGenesis

anacleta wrote:if anyone is willing to try to take Lithium, I recommend doing so after contacting David Healy who can give you suggestions and directions and keep him updated on the effects David.Healy54@googlemail.com
noted, i tried it a few days ago, doing half a pill(225mg) i got all the side effects meso reported but a good window(not sure it was the lithium tho)
when i dosed it lower couple weeks back(1/4 pill) i didn't notice any of that
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

If it works be demythylating DNA, then getting results would take months. But I think methylation is looking more and more like what our problem is. So I am going to be trying to get my hands on some. One should expect to need to take for several months in order to get results. Not something to take on day and then give up a week later if no results.
PsychoGenesis

another thing to investigate is which drugs are additive to each other

like what I'm using now valproate/hydralazine, hydralazine alone decreased methylation 20-30% in studies, but would lithium be additive to it?