Any POSITIVE Updates?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
BrokenDoll

Any POSITIVE Updates?

Unread post by BrokenDoll »

Hey guys,

PSSD can seem like a hopeless place for anybody suffering through it, but does anyone want to start a thread here that gives us a reason for hope? We all need hope and something to hold on to
Juvo

Re: Any POSITIVE Updates?

Unread post by Juvo »

We certainly need a thread like this. I don't want to encourage anyone to have false comfort that time and patience will save you, as I used to have this thought. Over the last couple of years I have tried numerous numerous things to help pssd and anhedonia and I can really only say that the following has helped a little bit but it's hit and miss. Your mileage may vary. Both tried separately.

Cyproheptadine has helped with libido although it doesn't always work. It provides a noticeable uptick in libido and ED functioning.

Cyproheptadine - 2-4mg at night

What's helped me cognitively is a combo I found on the raypeatforum. Users here with brain fog and concentration issues should try this if curious.

2g BCAA + 750mg Tyrosine + Whey protein (preferably low tryptophan). Take this and get some sunlight as the eyes need light to help convert to dopamine.
tenacity

Unread post by tenacity »

I just started Ginkgo yesterday and it seems like I've already seen some very modest improvement already. No matter the scale, it is exciting to see.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Hope and patience is all we really have at this time. I look at threads like dna/genome one. Also the ibogaine and waiting to see if that one person is going to try it.

When the hopeless feeling starts getting bad I take a break from reading the forums or FB page.
Leo625

Unread post by Leo625 »

It's hard to look through it all but is there ANY cases at all on this forum with time eventually healing this for anybody or atleast significantly improving over time?
Leo625

Unread post by Leo625 »

zadig777 wrote:yes there are,scroll down to succes stories u will find them.
although the chances for some recovery are like 40-50% long term,and for significant recovery i guess less than 20% by my opinion.
Do you have atrophy (testicular,penile) and fo u feel when u need to urinate and can u push urine out forcefully?
I have both of these problems what about u?
The recovery rate is pretty discouraging :/ I'll look through further for success stories because I could really use some hope right now. No penile or testicular atrophy and urination is also normal. My symptoms are my libido (desire/feeling of intimacy) being completely destroyed and severe anhedonia (lack of feeling) pre orgasm and during orgasm.

To think just a year ago today before I started the anti depressant that caused this I was 100% normal and functional sexually. It's now been 9 months since I stopped the anti-depressant and I've had no improvement.
popike27

Unread post by popike27 »

I'm about six years off cipralex. The only thing that helped me (and still taking) is gingko, omega 3, and time.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

There have been a number of PSSD/PFS people seeing improvements with various new treatments/protocols over the last year. So far there is no silver bullet that works for everyone but at least there is progress. On the theory side, we have Ghost here collaborating with some PFS'ers on a genetic analysis project, with some interesting data already. We've also had a few scientific studies in the last few years exploring PFS and PSSD.

Everyone in this community should be doing something to help. I see too many people just moping around, posting sob stories, etc. We get it, we're all suffering here, and it's fine to seek emotional support from your brothers and sisters here, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is actually doing something that could help us get closer to a cure.

If you want to help the community, and yourself, here are some things you can do:

1. Pay for a 23andMe genetic analysis ($99) and send Ghost the data when you receive it

2. Get your own health in tip top condition regarding everything other than PSSD. One thing we see is that people who do get cured by something usually are in good health otherwise. That means get regular exercise (mix of cardio and weight lifting), get enough sunlight, eat a healthy diet (especially enough protein), and get enough sleep. This will ensure you are primed to be cured when something does come along.

3. Once you've done #1 and #2, try out some experimental treatments. There have been a number of things posted here you can try. There is also another forum, HackStasis.com, which has more activity regarding PFS/PSSD self-experimentation. If you are serious about it, PM me and I'll get you an invite.

4. Spread the word to other PSSD and PFS sufferers that this is what they should be doing!
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
apachuri

Unread post by apachuri »

If you ever get a chance to read any of my previous posts, you will see that I have received huge improvements over time, and I have passed the 6 year mark as well. I still have periods of time where the improvements drop off, but I can honestly say that it has improved overall since I first had PSSD back in 2012. Sometimes I think my improvements are due to any type of supplement I am trying, but then I keep getting proved wrong as time appears to be the only constant.
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

I have a PSSD article that may be printed in an online newspaper. It is just taking months because they are busy but the editor said she would like it to be published.

That is for the opinion section. but nonetheless better than nothing! Is that positive update? I really recommend that you do the same and do what you can. I am going to hand out these PSSD leaflets tommorow outside a mental health community trust event... and I even have a friend that is helping me do so. And if you have not already please buy a 23andme genome test or ask people to pay for yours and send your data to Ghost.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old