Leaflets - a call out to the public

Topics related to activism.
fema4psyciatrists

Leaflets - a call out to the public

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

So I have had another crack at making a leaflet. To drop in waiting areas/rooms or to appeal to the public to help. It doesn't have to be those who are directly affected and it is in black and white so it can be easily printed. What do you think? Any adjustments?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HG4kT ... dUT_LAvsov

Take it, download it, print it, share it.
Last edited by fema4psyciatrists on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
marybanana

Re: Leaflets - a call out to the public

Unread post by marybanana »

I like it. Should you mention erased ability to feel love/infatuation as well as paralyzed genitals? I feel like women would be able to empathize/relate to that more than impotence so mentioning that might help all demographics begin to understand the horror of living with this shit. Good leaflet though, very attention-grabbing and to the point.
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

Not only does it look amateurish but the tone smacks of conspiracy thinking. Trying to link it to chemical castration is misleading. I also seriously doubt any doctor will allow it in his/her waiting room.

Over all the negative view it would do more harm that good to the cause.
fema4psyciatrists

been_too_long wrote:Not only does it look amateurish but the tone smacks of conspiracy thinking. Trying to link it to chemical castration is misleading. I also seriously doubt any doctor will allow it in his/her waiting room.

Over all the negative view it would do more harm that good to the cause.
I could leave that bit out but on some level I think people do have a right to know it is also used for that purpose. It was not me that has linked it if you see

"
The Telegraph

Sex offenders volunteer for 'chemical castration' drug treatment

Sex offenders are being given drugs which lower their libido and make it difficult for them to reoffend, in a voluntary scheme introduced by Jack Straw, the Justice Secretary.

By David Barrett, Home Affairs Correspondent 9:11AM GMT 27 Dec 2008

Those receiving the treatment, which has been dubbed “chemical castration”, include prison inmates and offenders who have been released from custody and are living in the community.

They are being given Prozac, which reduces their sex drive, or other categories of drugs known as anti-androgens.

Ministers are now being asked to set up a national clinic dedicated to handing out the medication to paedophiles and rapists who volunteer for the treatment."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... tment.html

What do you think of that?

Antipsychotics are also used for this purpose. I am not the only blog to mention and refer to this, also see https://antidepressantsandsexualdysfunc ... tally-ill/. What do you think? I personally think that people should know these things and have a right to know. Maybe I could word it differently. That is a bit that I could leave out.

How could it be less ameuturish? I would like to make it look better. It is in black and white though because it would be easier to print.

Thanks Mary, I also would like to mention that, I'm trying to keep it as simple and reduced as possible. I don't know if mentioning the emotional erasement will make it even less believable? Actually maybe 'emotional erasement' is a good way to put it that is more believable?
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
Charlie-80

Unread post by Charlie-80 »

Last edited by Charlie-80 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

My fear is this will anger doctors and turn them against us.

I have a brief pdf introduction to PSSD on my website, but I would hope that it would be used by patients seeing their doctors, and not scattered randomly.

I do appreciate all the work that you do though. If you create any more information handouts, please let me know.

In regards to the content, I have been clear with my opinions and those allowed on this site. I don't believe that mentally ill people are castrated intentionally with SSRIs, although some governments or groups could have used them for other purposes for sex offenders. I am not sure of this and have not researched it. I also view it as something like the opioid crisis to a minor extent. Opioids are never given with the intention of overdosing patients, although it sometimes happens inadvertently. Note also that in the article posted it mentioned that this treatment is voluntary, and done by the patients as a sincere effort to reduce temptations that might land them back in prison.

As such, I would never promote anything making the link between SSRIs and castration. That's also because I believe that PSSD is reversible and castration has the connotation of permanent destruction of the genitalia.

https://pssdlab.files.wordpress.com/201 ... -sheet.pdf
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
fema4psyciatrists

I have removed the castration bit. Your pdf is good. I want to appeal this as important to the wider public, not just mental health patients on medication. Do you think removing the 'your' would achieve this? I could place these in any public place not where doctors work.

I mean I could hand it out in the street...
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy