Partial recovery and experimental results

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Jaxx

Re: Partial recovery and experimental results

Unread post by Jaxx »

sovietxrobot wrote:in the last 6 weeks, I've added a lot of additional dopamine supplementation. I changed dopa mucuna brands from 15% l-dopa to 40%. I also added choline, uridine, b12, fish oil, and l-tyrosine, a complete dopamine stack. the initial results were great- much more depth of feeling, greatly improved sex drive, and even some feelings of desire. however I find that with all dopamine enhancing products, I get a big initial boost that tapers off. I don't know how to address this other than to keep increasing the dosage.
Perhaps cycle it, plus supps that decrease serotonine might be worth a shot.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

my psychiatrist has suggested lowering the SSRI dosage too. however, I find I am pretty intolerant to any decrease; even if I take away yohimbine, which is a mild serotonergic, my mood is noticeably worse.

I've continued to feel better and better with the added dopamine stack. feels of intimacy and closeness have returned. I can have sex, and feel some desire- not like I used to be, but some.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

sovietxrobot wrote:my psychiatrist has suggested lowering the SSRI dosage too. however, I find I am pretty intolerant to any decrease; even if I take away yohimbine, which is a mild serotonergic, my mood is noticeably worse.

I've continued to feel better and better with the added dopamine stack. feels of intimacy and closeness have returned. I can have sex, and feel some desire- not like I used to be, but some.
Yohimbine seems to help people with erections right? Looking at the profile it looks quite different than SSRI's. (I just had a quick look but it seems more complex than just being mild serotonergic....)

But great to hear your dopamine stack is helping you! What exactly are you using?
sovietxrobot

Im sorry, I completely missed your reply. Yohimbine is often used for sexual enhancement, for me it felt like increasing the dosage of my SSRI- less anxiety and irritability. I didn't notice much effect on sex drive.

My dopamine stack is: bupropion (450mg), l-tyrosine, dopa mucuna (40%), triacetelyuridine, CDP choline, l-theanine, ashwaghana, vitamin D, and fish oil. I also take vitamin E and B-complex to lower prolactin. I rushed into this and added all of these at once, so I can't pinpoint which supplements are helping me, but the results are undeniable.
sovietxrobot

another month, another update. the dopamine stack has really helped, I feel like my anhedonia is resolved. I'm more interested in everything, resuming hobbies, and more focused.

sex drive is still about the same. I want and can enjoy some sexual activity, but its not 100%. I still don't feel desire, passion, etc. I'm running out of new supplements to try, I might experiment with the dosages a little.
sovietxrobot

Choline, theanine, and uridine doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. Dopa mucuna/l-tyrosine has been helping with my interest and concentration. I added Maca which has a had a noticeable effect- more feelings of warmth and closeness, more interest in sex.
sovietxrobot

interestingly, I found several research papers on the effects of maca. Its been shown to improve various sexual features in many different kinds of animals, as well as anti-depressant effects in rats. Theres one researcher at Harvard working on PSSD and found some positive results with maca. post-menopausal women seemed to benefit the most, but all of the samples were pretty small.
sovietxrobot

February update. dopa mucuna has been really good, it gives a nice boost in interest, initiation, and concentration. I read a paper that tested the actual amount of l-dopa in different brands of supplements; the brand I chose was 100mg per pill, so I tried 800mg a day. Its effective but I felt like the brand I was taking before was more potent. Im getting some more of that shortly. l-dopa + Maca has definitely improved my sex drive. I was able to have sex and enjoy it- not quite 100%, but I'm getting close.
sovietxrobot

I lowered my escitalopram dosage from 30mg to 20mg, and raised my dopa mucuna to ~2g. definite improvements. anhedonia is completely resolved, I am interested in everything again. sex drive is markedly improved, and I'm starting to feel glimmers of desire and intimacy again. slow but steady progress.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Hey man, so happy for you this is amazing! It's been a long time coming but I'm hopeful that you'll find your old self again.

Much love,

Ghost
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)