Partial recovery and experimental results

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
sovietxrobot

Re: Partial recovery and experimental results

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

by cured, i mean as close to my old self as i used to be. i didnt function well without medication before, and withdrawal permanently broke something.
sovietxrobot

I have been on l-dopa supplements for a few months now- 4 tabs in the morning and 2 at night of 15% l-dopa. I have seen a substantial improve in feelings of closeness, and even felt some desire again. Its been a success. I am going to experiment with combining l-theanine, and higher doses of l-dopa.
logicalscout

Unread post by logicalscout »

Hi sovietxrobot,

Is your stack still?
escitalopram 30mg
buspar 60mg
yohimbine 2 tabs
450mg Wellbutrin
mucuna puriens
ashwanagha

Also keen to hear your experience with Wellbutrin, How long have you been on it? Has it been continuously effective or lost effect? Would you say it has been the major item in getting your sex drive/libido up
sovietxrobot

logicalscout wrote:Hi sovietxrobot,

Is your stack still?
escitalopram 30mg
buspar 60mg
yohimbine 2 tabs
450mg Wellbutrin
mucuna puriens
ashwanagha

Also keen to hear your experience with Wellbutrin, How long have you been on it? Has it been continuously effective or lost effect? Would you say it has been the major item in getting your sex drive/libido up
Current stack is:
+serotonin:
escitalopram 30mg
buspar 60mg
yohimbine 2 tabs

+dopamine:
450mg Wellbutrin
mucuna puriens (6 tabs, 15% l-dopa)
ashwanagha (2-tabs)
vitamin E (4800 UI)

zinc (100mg)

I'm not sure that ashwanagha is doing anything, I may drop that. You can see I divide them into two broad categories, generally boosting serotonin and dopamine.

Welbutrin helped. At each dose, I would experience a large benefit and an increase in anxiety- both would taper off after a few weeks, leaving me with a modest net gain. I do believe it helped.
hgwxx7

Unread post by hgwxx7 »

sovietxrobot wrote:
logicalscout wrote:Hi sovietxrobot,

Is your stack still?
escitalopram 30mg
buspar 60mg
yohimbine 2 tabs
450mg Wellbutrin
mucuna puriens
ashwanagha

Current stack is:
+serotonin:
escitalopram 30mg
buspar 60mg
yohimbine 2 tabs

+dopamine:
450mg Wellbutrin
mucuna puriens (6 tabs, 15% l-dopa)
ashwanagha (2-tabs)
vitamin E (4800 UI)

zinc (100mg)

I'm not sure that ashwanagha is doing anything, I may drop that. You can see I divide them into two broad categories, generally boosting serotonin and dopamine.

Welbutrin helped. At each dose, I would experience a large benefit and an increase in anxiety- both would taper off after a few weeks, leaving me with a modest net gain. I do believe it helped.
Do you have morning wood again?
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

We need to refrain from loosely using terms like "recovered" and "cured", when someone is still taking a cocktail including an SSRI. It's great that there are improvements, but if when these drugs are removed, does the person still have PSSD?
sovietxrobot

hgwxx7 wrote: Do you have morning wood again?
I didn't have it very often even when I was perfectly healthy. I did get it for a few days after each increase in dosage of Wellbutrin, but it went away after.
sovietxrobot

Juvo wrote:We need to refrain from loosely using terms like "recovered" and "cured", when someone is still taking a cocktail including an SSRI. It's great that there are improvements, but if when these drugs are removed, does the person still have PSSD?
call it remission then. I would almost certainly have full blown PSSD if I wasn't on them.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Happy for you this works! I would actually keep it stable for a while, also considering you had PSSD for some years.
sovietxrobot

in the last 6 weeks, I've added a lot of additional dopamine supplementation. I changed dopa mucuna brands from 15% l-dopa to 40%. I also added choline, uridine, b12, fish oil, and l-tyrosine, a complete dopamine stack. the initial results were great- much more depth of feeling, greatly improved sex drive, and even some feelings of desire. however I find that with all dopamine enhancing products, I get a big initial boost that tapers off. I don't know how to address this other than to keep increasing the dosage.