Partial recovery and experimental results

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
sovietxrobot

Re: Partial recovery and experimental results

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Ghost wrote:Hey man, so happy for you this is amazing! It's been a long time coming but I'm hopeful that you'll find your old self again.

Much love,

Ghost
Thank you for the kind words. Honestly I'm not sure I even remember what my old self was. PSSD was like losing my vision or hearing, it changed everything.

I believe that in my case, withdrawal from citalopram did something to drastically lower dopamine. I did an experiment with dopa mucuna; I have a friend who has anxiety and OCD but no PSSD at all. We both tried DM and got similar results- better mode, more frustration tolerance, far more interest and focus, better sleep, and in my case, improved sex drive. The interesting thing is the dosage- he takes 200mg daily, but I have to take 2000mg to get the same effect. That seems like more than differences in size or metabolism.
sovietxrobot

I had to come off of buspirone a few months ago due to a national shortage. I also realized I had only been taking 30mg (instead of 60mg) for a long time prior to that. I'm fully back on my full dose, and eager to see if it has any impact. I had a nice window of a few hours right after I started taking, but not much else to report.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I'll post this here so I can reply to it later.
sovietxrobot wrote:I can start a new thread if need be, I thought it might be easier to keep everything in one place.
Mesolimbo wrote: 1- What is your gender?
2- Why did you take antidepressants in the first place? and for how long were you on them? which med?
3- How was your sexual and emotional function before antidepressant intake?
4- What are your symptoms exactly and when did they start? sexual dyfunction alone, or cognitive/emotional/hedonistic as well? which symptom is bothering you the most?
5- What meds/suppplements have you tried so far?
6- Do you have access to meds without prescription (buy online), or would strictly require a prescription for meds to try?
7- Can you tolerate galicky foods? what about proteins?
8- Have you done any blood testing? what were the results?
1. male
2. extreme social anxiety, chronic depression. I took buspar 60mg for 3-4 years, and citalopram 40mg for 2 years.
3. sexual function was perfect, high libido. emotional function was not so good. I had serious anxiety issues that led to many other problems.
4. all symptoms started when I (accidentally) quit citalopram cold turkey. immediate crash- crippling depression, brain fog, total anhedonia, and complete loss of sex drive.
5. Zoloft (little/no effect), venlofaxine (terrible side effects), lexapro (controls anxiety, no effect on PSSD), Wellbutrin (some improvement). yohimbine improved my irritability and sexual function somewhat. I had a good window on maca, but no noticeable long term effects. dopa mucuna has cured my brain fog and anhedonia, and given slight improvement to sexual function. ashawaghana, zinc, vitamin E, l-theanine all had minor positive effects. NAC, fish oil, vitamin D, vitamin B, had no effect. Magneisum citrate and horny goat weed had negative effects.
6. I will try anything
7. no issues
8. test/free test were normal. prolactin was elevated (just above the 95% confidence interval for normal range).

my thread: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2037
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

From the look of it, you suffer from dopaminergic and glutamatergic dysfunction mainly, without much cholinergic involvement.

Since you didn't mention which symptom is bothering you the most, I'd assume it's the depression since I know how painful it can be. What I would recommend is presynaptic 5HT1A desensitization or indirect inhibition, without the involvement of 5HT1A ligands.

For this, I recommend:
- Baclofen: 25 mg b.i.d.
- Fasoracetam: 1200 mg.

I think Fasoracetam, in particular, would be a great asset to you since it upregulates GABA-B receptors, so it would keep Baclofen tolerance down without needing Memantine. It's also anxiolytic and antidepressant, possibly through being an AMPA positive allosteric modulator. This would resuscitate your glutamatergic system.

Try these drugs together and let me know how it goes.
sovietxrobot

thank you for your input. I am particularly interested in fasoracetam. Sorry, I should have mentioned symptoms- depression is an issue too, mainly depersonalization and difficulty feeling close and connected to people. Sex drive is an issue too of course, but its harder for me to understand. My libido is still there somewhere, but its much less spontaneous and much more reactive. I don't know if this is physiological or something learned after struggling with PSSD for so long. or both.
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Hey man just wanted to ask if the dopa mucuna is still working for the anhedonia? Are cases are much alike.
sovietxrobot

AnhedonicApe wrote:Hey man just wanted to ask if the dopa mucuna is still working for the anhedonia? Are cases are much alike.
Yes, anhedonia is a thing of the past for me. I really recommend it. Start small (~100mg) and increase until you see an effect. Its really been a life saver.
sovietxrobot

Reintroducing 60 mg buspar had little effect- maybe a small positive shift in mood. I also had to increase lexapro back to 30mg, my anxiety was unbearable at 20mg.
sovietxrobot

All lab results.

FREE T3: 3.16 pg/ml; standard range: 2.40-4.40 pg/mL. 7/24/15

TESTOSTERONE: 412 ng/dl; standard range: 249-836 ng/dL. 1/3/17

PROLACTIN: 16.9 ng/mL; standard range: 4.0-15.2 ng/ml. 3/27/18

TESTOSTERONE: 504 ng/dl: standard range 249-836 ng/dl. 4/30/19
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

sovietxrobot wrote:Reintroducing 60 mg buspar had little effect- maybe a small positive shift in mood. I also had to increase lexapro back to 30mg, my anxiety was unbearable at 20mg.
Buspirone is useless since it's a presynaptic full agonist but also a weak partial agonist of the postsynaptic 5HT1A receptors. Try Baclofen and see how you react to it. Baclofen indirectly disables presynaptic 5HT1A receptors. If you react favorably to it, then you will have two choices: either a symptomatic relief via Baclofen + Memantine, or an attempt of curing via presynaptic 5HT1A full agonist (Vortioxetine or Aripiprazole) or indirect desensitization (Ashwaghanda).