Forum News (Locked)

Administrative notes and announcements.
Ghost

Forum News (Locked)

Unread post by Ghost »

Wanted to make a thread for the sharing of forum-wide news. This is where forum updates and news will be posted. I may merge in some old stuff under this umbrella in the coming weeks.

Also, Jaxx has agreed to be a forum moderator to help me keep things in order here (I think we're getting things more organized, but the entropy of the forum always seems to find a way to increase - classic f***ing entropy). So he now has mod abilities. :D
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Re: Forum News (Locked)

Unread post by Ghost »

This summer, I am planning a sweeping overhaul of the forum.

I am not yet sure how this will look, but in the coming weeks I will be opening up polls asking members what they think about different ideas. I'll also be talking to moderators and admins about what they would like to see. I'd like everyone to think about what they like about the forum, and what they would like to see changed.

Some things, such as the look of the forum, will without a doubt be changing.

There may be other aspects such as layout, forum rules, membership, and others that will change, but it is to be determined.

All of the information of the forum will be preserved, but threads may be rearranged in a manner similar to what I've already been starting to implement here.

Updates soon.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I just accepted a lot of accounts (back til late May), so if you've been locked out, check again. I don't know why some go through and others don't.

If you ever have trouble getting on the forum, email me: ghostpssd@gmail.com
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

People might have been noticing that I post here less recently. This is because I'm moving a lot of my time over to working on my site.

I mentioned doing a sweeping overhaul of the forum, but I think that it's too much trouble until I am about to be in contact with Moloch again. When she comes back on, or if she sees this, it would be helpful for me to speak with her. Until then, it's not worth moving the entire forum just for me to update the style to appease my fashion side.

I admit that I have a bit of a perfectionism with organizing information, and that's why I've strived to find new ways to organize it here. For me, I think I work best when I'm able to control this information on my site, and like writing things once and then having them stay at the top of a page or whatever.

Not much will change, I'll still post here at a pace similar to that of the past few weeks, but I feel that I should tell people that I am occasionally posting information on my site that I don't post here. Nothing massive, but small updates on things that I once put here. Some of that is behind the password protected genome section, and this is because I am still incentivizing people get involved with that project. For those in the project, expect a July report coming in the next few weeks here with analysis from Cipro's program.

This is all leading up to an eventual book on PSSD once I condense years and years of info onto the site and then further into chapters. The date for that book is probably years off, but just a heads up on my long-term goals.

Cheers.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Due to his argumentative/hostile attitude and inability to find common ground with administrators and moderators on multiple attempts, zadig777 has been banned effective immediately with all posts deleted. Please reach out to me with further questions.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I'm working really hard to keep the forum threads clean so I can do something like what I have been in the suggested treatments list.

Maybe in the past I wasn't super clear with how I wanted this to look, so I apologize if that's the case.

EVERYTHING about a specific treatment should be within its thread.

If you did it at a new dose - in the parent thread
if you were cured - in the parent thread
if you are worried about an interaction - parent thread
story from another forum - parent thread
question on side effects - parent thread

The moral of the story is that 99% of things about a treatment should be in its own parent thread. The exception would be something like the Psilocybin + MDMA combo thread that has been popular recently. This was a recovery story that involved several substances at once that has already been taken and resulted in an improvement.

Similar thing for symptoms, which has been much better lately. Everything about a PSSD symptom goes in the symptoms Megathread.

Taking a little bit of time on your end saves your moderators a lot of time, which can then be spent doing other things for the forum or researching.

PS: IF YOU FIND A THREAD THAT ISN'T IN THE RIGHT PLACE (FOR EXAMPLE: A Choline thread that isn't in the main choline thread) PLEASE COMMENT IN THE THREAD ALERTING ME OR ANOTHER MODERATOR TO FIX THE PROBLEM - :)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

It is with great sadness that I can confirm the passing of PSSD sufferer, Zadig777. May he rest in peace.

As the one who eventually banned him for his behavior here, this loss weighs heavy on me, but I stand firmly behind my decisions that were intended to keep the rest of the community safe and constructive. I am always open to any constructive criticism on how to best run the forum for our community's needs.

I will add his name to the dedication section of my PSSD Lab site and will be opening a memorial thread somewhere in the forum once I figure out how to best do so.

We will get through this, and Zadig's suffering has now ended. Please reach out to a mental health professional if you are feeling suicidal. There IS help.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Some new forum updates effective immediately:

1) I've edited the forum rules to require a admin consensus before a user is permanently banned. This will require a majority of admins to agree on a ban before it is carried out. Exception is for spam. Temporary bans are unaffected.

2) discussions of suicide are no longer allowed on the forum. However, there is a new emergency section of the site with the password: "help". Log in as you wish and spread the word. This section will be less enforced with moderation and suicide support will be allowed. I'm feeling this out and may revert changes if it doesn't work. The goal here is harm reduction and SUICIDE IS NEVER THE RIGHT OPTION. I'm looking for people to help those in need in addition to those posting for their own needs. This will mean that conversations of suicide will not be readable by those who do not actively seek it out - these can be very hard threads to read for some members. Here users will also be able to post things about their beliefs of pssd being some form of brain damage (if their views are substantiated by evidence). This also means less tolerance on the normal forum, and all offending threads/posts will be deleted or routed to this new section of the site.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Guys please look for topics in the search bar before starting new threads - it's the only way i can give people 1 link to find all of the info on something. this is especially important with keeping the forum organized and allows me to do things like make my treatments thread and only need one link per thing. I'm not picking on this one post in particular, I probably merge 1-2 topics a day. it just eats up time and then i don't have time to do other things like reply to messages or research.