Berberine

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Samsa

Re: Berberine

Unread post by Samsa »

Jaxx wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:51 am
Samsa wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:24 am After taking berberine 1000mg for four weeks I seem to have crashed. Slight improvements in libido from beginning of week 2 until end of week 3 when it all went sour.
could you please elaborate on your crash and did you stop it now?
mrstaircase also reported increased numbness for instance, which went away after time. But thats no guarantee this is the case for you ofcourse.
It's just that in the months preceding I had had some improvement. Still next to zero libido but sex and masturbation were more pleasurable and erections, though I still needed some physical manipulation e.g. petting, kissing, were easier to achieve and sustain.

Noticed it all dip at week three and stopped at the end of week 4. I've been off the berberine now for about two weeks and nothing's changed. Nocturnal erections are still here as they always have been, but they're not as strong. I'm a little bit more numb as well but that isn't really ever an issue in itself for me; it's just tied to libido, as are my erections.

My symptoms are purely sexual though and I'm fairly confident the issue is hormonal. So it's also possible that this crash is due to not being able to lift heavy at the gym right now during lockdown.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Thanks for explaining it. I think mrstaircase also came to a point where his side effects were mainly sexual, also see https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3604
Oleya

Unread post by Oleya »

Anyone know if berberine is a 5ht1a agonist like flibanserin? I have had some benefits from flibanserin and would like to know if berberine could be an excellent substitute, since I cannot find flibanserin in my country.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Is Berberine safe? My research also lead me to it but at some point I read somewhere that it could worsen things.. i took it for couple of weeks with a whole lot of stuff.. I'm pretty much pre sertraline except for semen volume but I'm thinking maybe to take the Berberine again as at least I know I didn't had any bad effects from it, it may have helped me too.. so I'm considering taking it again in hopes may help recover my semen volume faster... though I attribute my improvements to time alone.

Anyone else had improvements on Berberine?

What about Glutathione?
Lokzo55

Unread post by Lokzo55 »

Berberine made me significantly worse.

If you don't respond well to Ashwagandha, you will likely respond poorly to Berberine.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Lokzo55 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:23 pm Berberine made me significantly worse.

If you don't respond well to Ashwagandha, you will likely respond poorly to Berberine.
How long did you try it? Notice that mrstaircase also said it initially made him worse, plus he said that ashwagandha was bad for him.
Lokzo55

Unread post by Lokzo55 »

Jaxx wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:03 am
Lokzo55 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:23 pm Berberine made me significantly worse.

How long did you try it? Notice that mrstaircase also said it initially made him worse, plus he said that ashwagandha was bad for him.
Yeah, I used it quite a lot, probably on and off for a few months.

It also contributed to my anaemia, since it chelates iron.
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

When shall I take my berberine dose?

30 minutes before a meal? 15 minutes? with meal?
there are lots of different recommendations... but what is most efficient?
(had no stomach problems taking it on empty stomach so far)

I'm taking 2 x 500 mg (Fürstenmed berberine, amazon) since 5 days and I feel many benefits (as a natural bodybuilder). better workout, lost 2 kg but have even more strength, muscles more hard, little anxiolitic effects I even suppose, more vascularity... better breathing (had noisy breathing before, it s still there but less annoying)... overall I feel much "younger".

and in regards of my PSSD: more nocturnal erections, and especially better reaction to visual stimuli, more sensation, feelings down there. Overall I feel more confident and happy in sexual imaginations (had no sex since dec 18).
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

CN9 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 am and in regards of my PSSD: more nocturnal erections, and especially better reaction to visual stimuli, more sensation, feelings down there. Overall I feel more confident and happy in sexual imaginations (had no sex since dec 18).
How are you going right now?
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

was sick for a week. libido improvements diminished. rest is the same. will update again...