PSSD Genome Project [Megathread]

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
TalkingAnt

Re: Genome sequencing (Emerging Trends!)

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Interesting results, but I would be careful with probabilities. It may indeed be very rare that 4 people from this forum have two of the same bad genes. But to really know if that is a rare event, we must know the probability of any four people having any two bad genes in common.

Given 23andMe gives data on about 600,000 genes, and the average amount of bad genes in a person is 400 [1], what is the probability of four people having at least two of the same bad genes?

It's a hard math problem for sure. It might be solvable by thinking in terms of card decks. It's like if you had four card decks and picked n cards from each deck, what is the probability of the at least m cards being the same in each hand?

1. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... awed-genes
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

raven100 wrote:Awesome, thanks for doing this Ghost. Do check rs6311 if you haven't already, that's the one specifically associated with sexual dysfunction and antidepressants on promethease that we all seemed to have on the other post.
Not sure of what alleles are "good" or "bad"

But we have:

CC, CC, CT, CC

Hope that helps.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

TalkingAntColony wrote:Interesting results, but I would be careful with probabilities. It may indeed be very rare that 4 people from this forum have two of the same bad genes. But to really know if that is a rare event, we must know the probability of any four people having any two bad genes in common.

Given 23andMe gives data on about 600,000 genes, and the average amount of bad genes in a person is 400 [1], what is the probability of four people having at least two of the same bad genes?

It's a hard math problem for sure. It might be solvable by thinking in terms of card decks. It's like if you had four card decks and picked n cards from each deck, what is the probability of the at least m cards being the same in each hand?

1. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... awed-genes
Yea you're very right. I should have pulled out a t-test or randomization test. It would be sweet if someone could get something like that set up as well. Eventually that could be part of the program.

At the moment, I can put in a gene name and it throws out what each of the 4 people have for that gene.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Does anyone have experience using this website https://genesight.com/
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Hey Ghost I ran my DNA from ancestry through Promethease. Would that information be good enough?
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

GIXXER wrote:Does anyone have experience using this website https://genesight.com/
I believe it's a more niche test focusing just on how different mental health medications will affect you. For analyzing our DNA in ghost's analysis, we'll want a more agnostic test like 23andme.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

GIXXER wrote:Hey Ghost I ran my DNA from ancestry through Promethease. Would that information be good enough?
I'm really looking for the raw data, that's what my program inputs (.txt files).

I'm teaching myself programming as I do this, so eventually it will be more complex.

PLEASE let me know what other genes you want me to run through the program.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

How do I send you my raw data?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

GIXXER wrote:How do I send you my raw data?
Go onto the 23andme page and click your name in the top right corner.
Then click "browse raw data" from the menu.
Then you can click "donwload" from that page.
Then email the text file to ghostpssd@gmail.com

EDIT: I'VE COME ACROSS SOME FUNDING FOR THE GENETIC TEST. IF YOU WANT TO DONATE MORE MONEY FOR OTHERS TO TAKE THE TEST, PLEASE MESSAGE ME.

AT THIS TIME, I CAN SEND PEOPLE 15 DOLLARS AFTER THEY SEND ME THEIR TEST RESULTS (Through Paypal).

This lowers the cost of the test. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the test. We need more data. There really are no excuses at this point. This is my large research project of the year.

https://www.23andme.com/compare-dna-tests/

You only NEED to buy the Ancestry version. With the money I'll send back, it's not more expensive than filling the gas tank of your car. Buy the more expensive one if you'd like (you get some more things) - But I am only concerned with the raw genetic data.

Post if you have purchased the test. I only have enough money to give it to people who haven't yet purchased the test as of 5/2/18. Posting when you buy will let me know to set aside money for you.

Like I said before, I have a lot more speculative trends, but can't talk about them until I have more data to confirm.
Luis Fernando Lopez

Unread post by Luis Fernando Lopez »

I just ordered the Ancestry version, I now realize you can make an account on 23andme, was I supposed to make one?