PSSD Genome Project [Megathread]

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Coraggio

Re: Genome sequencing

Unread post by Coraggio »

Ghost wrote:
Coraggio wrote:we need a protemic test not a genetic test. He have an epigenetic disease. Genetic predisposition can do but it isn' t the culprit.
Ghost please check it out some news in the other topic.
Yea I agree. At this point I'm just looking for a possible genetic predisposition.
Could be interesting as well bro!
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

I went ahead and ordered the test. I'll send the raw data to Ghost once I get it.
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

Bunny wrote:I went ahead and ordered the test. I'll send the raw data to Ghost once I get it.
Thanks bunny! I got mine ordered as well. Interested to see what it says about antidepressants :shock:
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Remember to run it through Promethease if you want specific information about different genes. 23andme won't tell you anything about antidepressants.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

raven100 wrote:Remember to run it through Promethease if you want specific information about different genes. 23andme won't tell you anything about antidepressants.
Is this the one? https://promethease.com/
sulawesi

Unread post by sulawesi »

I ordered a test aswell...
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Project update: excited to see people getting these. I've run simple analysis on 4 genomes already (only a few common methylation genes). So far, all four have the exact same mutation on 2 genes:

VDR Bsm: rs1544410 (+/-) -> (C/T)
VDR Taq: rs731236 (+/-) -> (A/G)

It's interesting when you look at what these genes code for:

"Two common vitamin D-related gene variants are VDR taq and VDR bsm. More than one-fourth of the world’s people have inherited at least one of these common two gene variants (called SNPs or single nucleotide polymorphisms), that are related to vitamin D metabolism.

One SNP named VDR taq (1) affects about 27 percent of the global population, according to the Livewello.com genetic reporting website. Approximately 26 percent of the world’s population has inherited another similar mutation called VDR bsm. (2)

The VDR taq and VDR bsm polymorphisms may adversely influence DNA expression during the the methylation cycle (3). These VDR genetic variants also may affect depression because they mediate the production of a neurotransmitter called dopamine."

http://smilinsuepubs.com/inherited-vita ... eficiency/

Given the chance of getting 1 bad gene is about 1/4. (1/4 * 1/4 = 1/16). The odds of getting both is 1/16. The odds of getting 1/16 4 times in a row is (1/16^4 = 1/65536) - Statistically VERY VERY unlikely. It's the equivalent of rolling a 4 sided dice as a '3' 16 times in a row.

"VDR Bsm/Taq (Vitamin D Receptor) – helps support COMT in the
regulation of dopamine levels – think behavior issues! It uses methyl groups to
do this.
• VDR Bsm/Taq (-/-) = no mutation.
VDR Bsm/Taq (+/-) = heterozygous mutation. Partial defect in system. Will be
somewhat sensitive to methyl donor supplements.
• VDR Bsm/Taq (+/+) = homozygous mutation. Both genes affected. If mutation
is present will be more sensitive to methyl donor supplements, ie. Methyl-B12,
SAMe, DMAE, Theanine, DMG, TMG. Also, will need to watch for behavior
issues related to fluctuations in dopamine production – mood swings!

http://www.vsan.org/rok-az/methylation/ ... heet_1.pdf

More will come soon. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep buying tests if you haven't yet. The more data I have, the stronger statistical tests I can run and find hidden trends.

There are other VERY EXCITING trends - But I can't share them until I get more results and ensure statistical significance!!!
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
raven100

Re: Genome sequencing (Emerging Trends!)

But the odds that 4 people share genes over their whole genome is really high right? Even if the odds for it being any specific gene are very low. So we really need more data
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

raven100 wrote:But the odds that 4 people share genes over their whole genome is really high right? Even if the odds for it being any specific gene are very low. So we really need more data
Yep, at this point it's easier to say what rare genes could be at play and not what common genes could be in PSSD. We just need more data. Every person we can get adds to the strength of the study. Results take a while, so PLEASE do it now. I think anything we order now won't be analyzed til mid-summer, so we just gotta get it going while I work out the coding side of things.

For these genes in particular though, I only looked at a few common pathways, not the entire genome. But your right, the statistics get stronger with more data.

I think I looked at 20 or so genes? These were the only ones that showed correlation that I was confident enough about to reveal, but there are more in there that a few more tests would push over the line.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
raven100

Awesome, thanks for doing this Ghost. Do check rs6311 if you haven't already, that's the one specifically associated with sexual dysfunction and antidepressants on promethease that we all seemed to have on the other post.