what do you think is happening in the brain when a person gets recovery naturally?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
angeloinvolo

what do you think is happening in the brain when a person gets recovery naturally?

Unread post by angeloinvolo »

Have you made a speculation or hypotesis about this question?
Don't take candy from strangers

escitalopram drops 20 mg from 28 august - 6 september 2017
2 drops the first day increasing gradually until 6 the last day (cold turkey)
been_too_long

Re: what do you think is happening in the brain when a person gets recovery naturally?

Unread post by been_too_long »

Im probably going to get a lot of hate for this but.... my speculation is they probably never had PSSD to begin with. They could of had leftover depression (or other psych conditions) symptoms and without realizing it misdiagnosed themselves, maybe they did not give themselves long enough to flush the SSRIs out of the body, the guesses can go on and on. People can read things and jump to quickly with the "I got that!" attitude without realizing they are making their own ghosts. Hell theres been a few occasions people on this very forum have declared themselves having PSSD and you read the background and ummmmmm they are wrong about the med they took, it wasn't even an SSRI.

Can be debated back and forth all day. Ive dealt with this condition for 8 years now. If recovery was going to naturally happen... he got on the wrong train and is seriously late. No diet, clean living regime, meditation, or any voodoo is going to work. A chemical caused it and it will be a chemical that treats it.
Kk88

Re: what do you think is happening in the brain when a person gets recovery naturally?

Unread post by Kk88 »

Inclined to agree with Been too long. I am willing to try all the clean living, cold showers, exercise and acupuncture there is. These things might (and have) made small differences but absolutely nowhere near the extend of a fix. There are still feelings I haven't felt for 9 years now and I don't believe anything other than a drug could fix me properly.

Anyone who has had a 'natural recovery' I'm so pleased for, but they certainly don't have what I have.
WeWillOvercome

Unread post by WeWillOvercome »

Agreed. I’ve tried alternative healing such as supplements, acupunture, and Chinese herbal medicine and I’ve yet to experience any improvement whatsoever.

My mom is really weary of me getting back on any type of meds and she thinks that I can find relief through a ketogenic diet and breathing exercises. I’m lucky to have someone in my life who cares about me and wants me to heal, but at the same time it’s frustrating because I feel like there is no way in hell that breathing or not eating carbs will heal me. People with normal brain chemistry might find some relief but SSRI’s have fucked my head up too much.
Fluoxetine (Prozac) from August '16 to February '17. No sex drive, severe erectile dysfunction, pronounced anhedonia.
sadKeanu

Unread post by sadKeanu »

Last edited by sadKeanu on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSSD Lexapro 2016-Present
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

sadKeanu wrote:
Kk88 wrote: Anyone who has had a 'natural recovery' I'm so pleased for, but they certainly don't have what I have.
No one has PSSD or whatever problems from taking psyche drugs the same. Everyone is different. So everyone is going to have if they have PSSD a different type of severity.
It's like one really flat tire, to all four tires are flat but not as severe as that other guy's car. Libido, ED, Sensitivity, etc. all different levels of severity AND all from all different types of SSRIs.
Ok I see this thrown around all over the forum and personally I see it as hogwash. There is absolutely no reason to think PSSD is different in every person, therefore the cure will be different.

Lowest common denominator... works in every type of scientific field including medicine. All SSRIs hit a specific receptor; so it does not matter that different brands are effecting different people.

Using the claim that there is a difference in severity means squat. Just about every disease/disorder/syndrome can present itself in different ways for certain people.
omar90

Unread post by omar90 »

I disagree. I think pssd is going to vary greatly. SSRIs affect neurosteroids, androgens growth hormone, dopamine, serotonin etc etc. Time taken the drug, hopping on and off drug etc are all factors. Pssd will differ in each person because SSRIs affect the brain and body in a myriad of ways that put us totally out of balance. Indeed SSRIs being called 'selective' is deeply ironic. Look at pfs, they don't all have the exact same symptoms and don't all respond to the exact same treatments. We need broader definitions of pssd and appreciate that everyone experiences pssd in an individual way, that will help the pssd community immensely and allow us all to be more supportive of one another.
Fluoxetine 2008-13, PSSD thereafter

Condition worsened after 4 weeks on Setraline in 2014
buffkin14

-

Unread post by buffkin14 »

-
Last edited by buffkin14 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayR

Unread post by JayR »

I think there's just LESS Downregulation of SERT or perhaps genetically a less susceptibility genotype, maybe those with the SHORT Serotonin Transporters get fucked over more bc of more Cortisol release and more amygdala reactivity.
Also SHORT TYPES PREDICT BAD AGING AND POOR MEMORY IN OLDER ADULTS. SEE LINK
--> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28580622
--> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22233775
Also...short alleles are associated with higher proneness to NOSTALGIA And other NEUROTIC FEATURES.
--> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29210327
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Is there a gene which can tell us if we have a short serotonin transporter
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature