Pramipexole (Success)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Blueturtle

Re: Pramipexole (Success)

Unread post by Blueturtle »

It’s interesting how Maxbook said his social anxiety and other negative emotions came back when his anhedonia and PSSD went away, with my PSSD I’m way calmer and more socially extravagant then I was before PSSD, it killed my social anxiety but also my sexual pleasure. I guess there may be a link between the two?...
PSSD from citalopram.
Took it Winter 2012-Summer 2016
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
My story: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2536
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

Numby82 wrote:From my own experience with Wellbutrin I recommend not to draw any conclusions before having taken it daily for at least four weeks. It can take some time until you feel something (sexual). I’m very excited to see if you get any positive results.
@Numby82 So you didn't feel anything until about 4 weeks has passed? For me it's the toughest part, waiting for improvement without any feedback makes very frustrated.
Blueturtle wrote:It’s interesting how Maxbook said his social anxiety and other negative emotions came back when his anhedonia and PSSD went away, with my PSSD I’m way calmer and more socially extravagant then I was before PSSD, it killed my social anxiety but also my sexual pleasure. I guess there may be a link between the two?...
I was quite social before PSSD but always had some kind of nervousness/anxiety around girls if I found them attractive. Now it's totally gone, and now I guess because I'm way more calm and confident I have lot more interest from girls which is annoying cause I can't do anything with that.
Blueturtle

taarn wrote:
Numby82 wrote:From my own experience with Wellbutrin I recommend not to draw any conclusions before having taken it daily for at least four weeks. It can take some time until you feel something (sexual). I’m very excited to see if you get any positive results.
@Numby82 So you didn't feel anything until about 4 weeks has passed? For me it's the toughest part, waiting for improvement without any feedback makes very frustrated.
Blueturtle wrote:It’s interesting how Maxbook said his social anxiety and other negative emotions came back when his anhedonia and PSSD went away, with my PSSD I’m way calmer and more socially extravagant then I was before PSSD, it killed my social anxiety but also my sexual pleasure. I guess there may be a link between the two?...
I was quite social before PSSD but always had some kind of nervousness/anxiety around girls if I found them attractive. Now it's totally gone, and now I guess because I'm way more calm and confident I have lot more interest from girls which is annoying cause I can't do anything with that.
I can relate so much to this, the confidence is there but the attraction isn’t. Most awful trade off, so many women seem interested in me these days but I’m just not feeling the normal levels of attraction.
PSSD from citalopram.
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

A small update:

I don't know if it's the pramipexole or the Wellbutrin or their combination (leaving agomelatine can also play a role). But today I definitely feel some libido and also somewhat increased genital sensitivity, actually my d* doesn't feel disconnected from my body.

Btw I will create a separate log thread cause I did so many things while fighting PSSD.
Blueturtle

taarn wrote:A small update:

I don't know if it's the pramipexole or the Wellbutrin or their combination (leaving agomelatine can also play a role). But today I definitely feel some libido and also somewhat increased genital sensitivity, actually my d* doesn't feel disconnected from my body.

Btw I will create a separate log thread cause I did so many things while fighting PSSD.
I am glad that you are seeing improvements!
PSSD from citalopram.
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

Blueturtle wrote:
taarn wrote:A small update:

I am glad that you are seeing improvements!
I really needed to confirm I'm still able to function. Thanks Blueturtle!
hgwxx7

Unread post by hgwxx7 »

I've experienced the exact feelings. LAst year when I was tryimg SJW, I was energic, social and and somehow clever. But my anxiety was too much to tolerate. I gave up and initiated ssri again which did make me calmer, relaxed but numb.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I came across this today:
It was observed that sustained pramipexole administration produced desensitization of D2/D3 and 5-HT1A cell body autoreceptors, as well as a decrease in sensitivity of α2-adrenergic cell body autoreceptors
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3101890/

Have this been discussed here already?
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Mesolimbo wrote:I came across this today:
It was observed that sustained pramipexole administration produced desensitization of D2/D3 and 5-HT1A cell body autoreceptors, as well as a decrease in sensitivity of α2-adrenergic cell body autoreceptors

This is at least new to me. Makes me question the 5hr1a resensitation theory a bit though, as prami didnt help most people.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Jaxx wrote:
Mesolimbo wrote:I came across this today:

This is at least new to me. Makes me question the 5hr1a resensitation theory a bit though, as prami didnt help most people.
How so? Chronic Prami intake would cause further desensitization, making things worse.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here