Pramipexole (Success)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Maxbook

Pramipexole (Success)

Unread post by Maxbook »

Hey guys ,
I cant believe I am writing this but I think I am finally cured .
I dont know how to start or what to write , it just feels so good .
I lost hope one month ago and didnt know what to do . Was cosidirng suicide . I tried to find new possible treatments but with no luck.
I read somewhere about Pramipexole and how it helps with anhedonia . I was begging my psy to prescribe me the drug but he was affraid to give it to someone who had not parkinsons .
So I sad thats the last thing I am going to try before DBS and if all that dont work I was ready for the worst decision.
AND he prescribed me the drug . I was taking it for one week and nothing . I sad to myself shit ,another drug that dont have any impact on me .
10 day past and BOOOM I woke up fucking amazing ,I saw colors ,MY LIBIDO was incredible I started to cry , I talked to people I stared to train everything is beautiful now I cant just desribe the feeling how it feels to be normal again . I am shaking now at this moment while I write this .
I didnt want to post here , I felt not good on this forum ,people have huge egos and I just didnt visit it .
Then i remember some people that I talked via PM and I think it would be just bad not to write here and say to all people who I talked that there is hope.
7 days past , I feel fantastic . I dont know if it will remain like this ,I hope so but for someone who had not an erection and positive emotions for 2 years this is enough to see what it feels like to be normal and to not lose hope .
Il probbaly come back for those people who I talked private and answer some questions but for now I just want to enjoy life ,fuck girls and all that good stuff.
One more thing I dont belive in PSSD I changed my view on this situacion 6 months ago so if you go to a doctor , dont tell him you got some problem you read on internet ,just say you have anhedonia and describe everything like you would desribe PSSD ,just dont mention it (you dont have to believe that PSSD dont exist ,just dont metion it )
Thats just a tip how I talked to doctor u dont have to if you dont want to.
SO goodbye for now my friends . KEEP your head up THERE IS HOPE .
anacleta

Re: PRAMIPEXOLE- Cured

Unread post by anacleta »

super!! are you still taking pramipexole and at what dose?
can you share your experience with Dr. David Healy? it might be useful. thanks for updating us and given hope.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Could you describe the symptoms ( emotional especially ) which led you to think that you suffer from a post SSRI syndrome at first thought ? Right now, you sound more like you have been depressed and pramipexole probably has caused your remission.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Fuck yea, man!!! So happy for you.

Go enjoy your libido and sex!!!

Nothing in life is permanent, so enjoy it day to day and don't worry about the future. The longer you go - the better chance it lasts.

I'll PM you BC I want to get some more info so I can eventually put your story on my site in the cures section.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

Great. Happy for you. Hope these improvements last. Keep us updated. :)
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
logicalscout

Unread post by logicalscout »

That's amazing Maxbooks, go out and enjoy this new chapter!

pramipexole seems to be a dopamine receptor agonist for the following receptors:
D2S receptor (Ki = 3.9 nM; IA = 130%)
D2L receptor (Ki = 2.2 nM; IA = 70%)
D3 receptor (Ki = 0.5 nM; IA = 70%)
D4 receptor (Ki = 5.1 nM; IA = 42%)

It almost seems for PSSD we need supraphysiological levels dopamine to become normal again. The SSRI's have suppressed these receptors somehow such that they are no longer sensitive or receptive?

What is a long term treatment method for Parkinson (seems to be mediated by dopamine neuron loss), could we use the same method for PSSD?

EDIT:
http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=546

People curing anhedonia with levodopa. Once again, raising dopamine in supraphysiological levels.

Any thoughts @JayR
buffkin14

-

Unread post by buffkin14 »

-
Last edited by buffkin14 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gameclay

Unread post by Gameclay »

buffkin14 wrote:i want to try this how can i?

Don't you have high prolactin? Dopamine agonists are used to lower it and return sexual function to people with hyperprolactinemia...

i suggest you see your doc and tell him to prescribe Cabergoline or Pramipexole to get your prolactin in check. If that doesn't work try ordering it from brandmedicines or alldaychemist.
Last edited by Gameclay on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gameclay

Unread post by Gameclay »

The Dopamine agonist Cabergoline (very similar to Pramipexole) is what Dr Goldstein has prescribed to people for PSSD with some success. I have found numerous forum posts across the internet from people who have had success with it.

Here's a guy who saw Dr Goldstein and was prescribed Cabergoline which significantly improved his symptoms
https://sexualmed.org/forums/topic/1335/

Here's a PFS guy (and others in the thread) who had huge improvements on Cabergoline
http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewt ... =23&t=1997

In this thread, the first guy to reply says that Cabergoline improved his sexual functioning while taking Prozac
https://thinksteroids.com/community/thr ... 134274265/

A guy here by the name of Raskolnikov has 70% improvement on it and almost 100% after stopping ritalin
http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=960

This is further evidence for the theory that Prolactin could be contributing to our problems. I think the reason alot of us have improvements while we are hungover from a night of drinking is because during hangover, prolactin secretion is inhibited to some degree. A medical article i read suggests that's because of dopaminergic activity.

I think it's important more of us try these drugs, you have to be careful though make sure you look up lots of info on the drugs and how to take them. If anyone is interested, Brandmedicines and AlldayChemist carry Cabergoline and Pramipexole, if you can't get a doctor to prescribe it...
Last edited by Gameclay on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
buffkin14

-

Unread post by buffkin14 »

-
Last edited by buffkin14 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.