Pramipexole (Success)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Gameclay

Re: PRAMIPEXOLE- Cured

Unread post by Gameclay »

I just found this reply to an area-1255 blog

on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:54 am
by dieguix3d

"I used in the past Citalopram as treatment for my hypersexuality and compulsiveness, but after the treatment I was almost no libido, and my skills were not as extensive as those who have exposed. My doctor gave me pramipexole (miraplex) at a daily dose of 0.5 mg and increased libido me greatly. At this time I do not take miraplex and it seems that my libido is stable but never to the level it was prior to citalopram.
It seemed appropriate to the subject tell my story.
Regards."

http://area-1255.forumotion.info/t7-mus ... ysfunction
JayR

Unread post by JayR »

Great thread OP! Glad it worked for you!
Maxbook

Unread post by Maxbook »

Update :
Hey guys .Feeling normal still ,feeling like in my teenage years.
I need a advice . My anxiety and social fobia are bad just like before SSRIs .
When I talk to new girls and new people my heart starts pumping and cant have a good conversation . There is no way for me to go back on SSRIs .
What do you think should I try to take my anxiety undercontrol. Any supplemants?
Still taking two tablets at night.
My libido is huge . Just one picture of a girl makes me hard lol.
Gameclay

Maxbook wrote:Update :
When I talk to new girls and new people my heart starts pumping and cant have a good conversation . There is no way for me to go back on SSRIs .
What do you think should I try to take my anxiety undercontrol. Any supplemants?
Have you thought about trying CBT for social anxiety? Costly but it would probably be the best natural lasting solution. I know what it's like to be real socially awkward and when that adrenaline starts pumping everything goes down hill. Best thing to do is expose yourself to people and girls as much as you can. Get comfortable looking people in their eyes for extended periods of time (not uncomfortably long though) go to a mall and pretend to shop and do this. Might help
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Great news - so happy for you. So it's been about 2 weeks now? As some windows last about 2 weeks I guess the next few weeks will be really telling about whether this will last.

Echo whats been said about CBT - worth a try as it'll avoid any more drugs and I know some people who swear by it. That and exercise.

Has your Dr talked to you about how long you can stay on the pramipexole for? Is he happy foe you to stay on it permanently or does he expect the effects to last when you discontinue?
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

To manage anxiety you can try propranolol ( anti beta -adrenergic pressure lowering agent with some central action) or a benzo (alprazolam). I've tested both and they seem safe enough for someone who had a huge persisting emotional blunting / sexual dysfunction after using the SSRIs.

Of course the benzos have some risk associated with dependence but in my opinion if you convince yourself hard to not take more than three pills per week and you will never cross that line you are safe from it. Do not even try to get those from a psychiatrist as they will never prescribe them to you and they will do everything to put you on SSRI again.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Magnesium / Inositol could be a good start.

Make sure you also are staying physically active and meditating.

I have nearly endless anxiety suggestions. As long as you are past PSSD, the anxiety will be a smaller hurdle to overcome.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

i think you could probably start lowering the dose to the therapeutic minimum, i believe that would be the most logical thing to do, also considered the type of substance it is. we are talking endgame molecules. there is little to nothing past that and i wouldnt want to grow a tolerance to it.
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

I took .125mg mirapex last night. Slept like a log and am feeling pretty darn good today.

I don't think it should really be working this quickly but my libido is way up.

Hwacked it twice today already
Gameclay

alteredhomeostasis wrote:I took .125mg mirapex last night. Slept like a log and am feeling pretty darn good today.

I don't think it should really be working this quickly but my libido is way up.

Hwacked it twice today already
Good to hear, how are you doing today??