Ghost Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
AnhedonicApe

Re: Ghost Intro

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

DrugsAreBad wrote:
AnhedonicApe wrote:Hey ghost i wondered what psycilobin gave you? I am suffering from anhedonia the most and i am going to try psylocibin. For what did it help you?
I'm not Ghost, but for me it initially makes anhedonia worse but after about a day improves libido and spontaneous erections. A few days after a dose I go back to base line. I stopped due to HPPD. I didn't notice any improvement in anhedonia, although it isn't a major issue for me.

The biggest improvements I've made for anhedonia have been from inositol. Initially it makes it worse, but once it wears off (after about a day), there is a major improvement. Unfortunately the improvement hasn't lasted.
Worse? That's sad to hear. I just want the anhedonia to leave, that's all..
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

AnhedonicApe wrote:
DrugsAreBad wrote:
AnhedonicApe wrote:Hey ghost i wondered what psycilobin gave you? I am suffering from anhedonia the most and i am going to try psylocibin. For what did it help you?
I'm not Ghost, but for me it initially makes anhedonia worse but after about a day improves libido and spontaneous erections. A few days after a dose I go back to base line. I stopped due to HPPD. I didn't notice any improvement in anhedonia, although it isn't a major issue for me.

The biggest improvements I've made for anhedonia have been from inositol. Initially it makes it worse, but once it wears off (after about a day), there is a major improvement. Unfortunately the improvement hasn't lasted.
Worse? That's sad to hear. I just want the anhedonia to leave, that's all..
Then maybe try baclofen
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Worse? That's sad to hear. I just want the anhedonia to leave, that's all..
The initial reaction was a worsening, but after that it went back to baseline. But that's just me. You may have a different experience.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

DrugsAreBad wrote:

Psilocybin boosts my libido for a while after and OCD is less. The day after is overall worse for me mentally, but then things seem to improve. More than anything it' given me new ways to think about my OCD.

I can't really tell how big of a deal anhedonia is for me. I know it plays a role but i don't know how strong.

How did you get HPPD? Was it after Psilocybin? I obviously want to avoid it but from what I've read it's pretty rare especially for psilocybin. I've seen it a lot more in MDMA/LSD. Mescaline is another one I'm interested in trying if Psilocybin doesn't work how I want. I think I get "HPPD" very mild after I trip for a few weeks. After the first trip colors were bright for a few weeks, I've always had things morph when I stare at them too long but now it's a bit stronger like the room and patterns will move more easily. Yea probably mild HPPD for me but from what I've read and experienced it goes away slowly with time and as long as you don't overdo it for most people (and on shrooms) it will fade in weeks/months/maybe a year. Even if this is the case (and mine is so mild if that's what it even is) - the benefits totally outweigh it and the symptoms don't bother me at all. If nothing else it's taught me that I probably will wait a bit before my next bigger dose! I need to respect the medicine and I've been using it a lot in a short period of time the past few months.

My current Idea is a higher dose - this is what people say can really reset the brain. I have a high metabolism so I trip harder and for shorter than most people, so I've concluded that my dose might not need to be as high as others to get the same effect. I'm interested in nicotine @meso but I've heard reports that it reduces erection capabilities - studies showing correlation between ED and smoking. How would I go about avoiding that or would this amount of time or dosage not be enough to cause a problem?
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
DrugsAreBad

Ghost wrote:How did you get HPPD? Was it after Psilocybin? I obviously want to avoid it but from what I've read it's pretty rare especially for psilocybin. I've seen it a lot more in MDMA/LSD.
Yes. I've used psilocybin plenty of times and in higher doses (10-20g fresh), but I've never had this happen before. I could see almost nothing in the dark and at daytime surfaces would blend together so everything looked flat. Things have improved, but unfortunately the benefits are also gone and so far HPPD lasts longer than the benefits, making a long term regimen problematic.

It's a frequently used substance, but it's not usually used frequently, so I wouldn't assume the rarity of HPPD applies to frequent usage. I suggest figuring out the minimum necessary dose first, starting low and working yourself up, then figuring out the longest possible duration between doses.

I've considered going for a much higher dose, but I didn't see any benefit at all from the high doses I took in the past. So far only frequent low doses have had any effect. That might change at even higher doses, but I haven't seen any indication that would be the case.

There is also the shrooms + mdma + alcohol alternative. It's not first on my list, but I'm considering it.
Ghost wrote:I'm interested in nicotine @meso but I've heard reports that it reduces erection capabilities - studies showing correlation between ED and smoking. How would I go about avoiding that or would this amount of time or dosage not be enough to cause a problem?
Nicotine significantly reduced erectile responses to the erotic films (P = 0.02), corresponding to a 23% reduction in physiological sexual arousal. This occurred in 16 of 20 men with valid physiological recordings. Nicotine had no significant effect on continuous subjective ratings of sexual arousal (P = 0.70) or on mood (all Ps > 0.05).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2864030/
Last edited by DrugsAreBad on Wed May 08, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Hey ghost if you struggle with severe ocd, i did too. Going on the keto diet literally cured that for me. Had it for years very severe now it's just gone.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

That's interesting I remember it being better on the paleo diet also. I could try it at some point. At this time it's hard for me to afford it but i am growing a lot fo my own food this summer and want to start it again and find way that you can do it cheaply.

My OCD has been better the past week and I attribute it to: Psilocybin, NAC, and inositol. Also want to note that Inositol (i think - i can't tell) used to give me similar feelings with objects morphing years ago. So it might be a 5ht2c thing. Idk, not bad at all and honestly it's very possible it's mostly OCD or in my head I am very sensitive to sensations.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

DrugsAreBad wrote: The biggest improvements I've made for anhedonia have been from inositol. Initially it makes it worse, but once it wears off (after about a day), there is a major improvement. Unfortunately the improvement hasn't lasted.
Inositol upregulates striatal dopamine D2 receptors. Perhaps that's why it was effective for anhedonia. There are other ways to upregulate dopamine receptors, such as forskolin and NAC.

@Ghost: Yeah, nicotine obviously has its negative effects on health, but I was thinking more along the line of short-term use (a few months at most). I haven't figured out a better way to downregulate GR. I'm sure there are better ways out there, but I'm currently too stressed out in life to research, so I'm resting a little.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
DrugsAreBad

Mesolimbo wrote:I haven't figured out a better way to downregulate GR. I'm sure there are better ways out there, but I'm currently too stressed out in life to research, so I'm resting a little.
You help is very much appreciated, perhaps more than you'll ever know. Do take time for yourself as well, you certainly deserve it.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

It's been 5 years now.

Just about everything has changed for me in that time. Houses, colleges, cities, and girlfriends have all come and gone. I've taken dozens of supplements, medicines, and drugs - to varying degrees of success. There's an odd sense of normality to it all now. I've come of age with PSSD. It was, and is, the struggle of my youth.

I've accomplished a lot in those 5 years. I finished college, traveled, dated, and grew immensly in all aspects of my personality. Just this summer I submited my medical school applications and am embarking on yet another facet of this journey. I'm excited to see where it will take me.

I've been away from the forum more than I would like, something that I've sworn to myself many times that I would not do. Part of it is being worn out, part of it is complacency, and part of it must also be acceptance. When I'm away, I'm not ignoring PSSD . In fact, I speak with fellow sufferers every day. They have become my friends.

I think that anyone reading this should feel a lot of optimism. Not once during these 5 years have I felt we aren't moving in the right direction, and that's only been because of this entire community working as one.

I didn't think that I would make it to 5 years with PSSD, but I know now that the only way to approach this condition is by placing one step in front of the other. Hour by hour, day by day, month by month, year by year. At the finish, we'll all end up in the same spot as everyone else. Such is the way of life.

There is a lot of our collective story still to be written. Let's hope that in 5 more years I will be writing a very different post than this one.

I love you guys (and gals),

Ghost