Abilify induced sexual dysfunction CURED

Any other sexual dysfunctions not properly addressed by medical science.
shinrinyoku

Abilify induced sexual dysfunction CURED

Unread post by shinrinyoku »

Holy shit, guys!

I am writing this post on behalf of those who have sexual dysfunction induced by psychotropic drugs, especially atypical antipsychotics like Abilify (I used to be on Risperidone with the same effects), because although I do not belong to this group per se, this is probably the first site sufferers from the dysfunction will come to. And they will see, that people still suffer even years after discontinuation of said drugs. It may trigger severe suicidal ideation, just like in my case. So i do not wish to deepen your depression, but I wish to help those who walk in my shoes.

Diagnosis: severe depression and anxiety, severe panic attacks, social anxiety - NO PSYCHOSIS, antipsychotics were only adjunct
Medicine: 100mg Luvox, 100mg of Seroquel (for sleep), 20mg of Abilify
Supplement: N-acetylcysteine 2000mg - this was a game changer for me, as it allows me to wean off of Abilify safely. It is basically what keeps me stable. However, it is a potential carcinogen (NOT confirmed yet), so I plan to substitute it with L-tryptophan and niacin in the future.
Sife effects of Abilify: severe genital anesthesia, weight gain (no hunger, slow metabolism), no libido.

I was sexless for over 2 years.

I have read about D2 (Dopamine) receptors occupancy in Abilify and have seen this useful chart:

https://media.nature.com/full/nature-as ... 0983f1.gif

A study somewhere says that even at the dose of 2mg of Abilify, you have the same striatal dopamine occupancy (80percent) as when you are at 15mg - it hits the plateau after 2mg. I have been weaning off of Abilify for almost a year now. I have not felt much change UNTIL RECENTLY, when my dose was reduced below 2mg (it is hard to estimate the value, because i cut 10mg tablets :/ ). And holy shit! Genital sensitivity is coming back and I am so horny! :oops: The only thing I have to do is to hold on and not to cease taking Abilify abruptly, withdrawal psychosis is the last thing I want. So if you have the same thing going on, be patient and try amino acids and other supplements as substitutes for the medicine to quit safely.

I hope this information might be to some value for researchers and other forum members as well. May you find cure for yourselves too.
Last edited by shinrinyoku on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gianno121

Re: Abilify induced sexual dysfunction CURED

Unread post by gianno121 »

Im happy for you but i think its a completely different Story Compared to PSSD. You are still on your medication and Most of the people here are off Drugs for years. PSSD means "POST" Dysfunction which Starts afer you wean off the medication.
shadowMan

Unread post by shadowMan »

gianno121 wrote:Im happy for you but i think its a completely different Story Compared to PSSD. You are still on your medication and Most of the people here are off Drugs for years. PSSD means "POST" Dysfunction which Starts afer you wean off the medication.
I think that the "post" is because it lasts even after discontinuation. My PSSD started while on medication, and became 10x worse when off...
gianno121

Unread post by gianno121 »

shadowMan wrote:
gianno121 wrote:Im happy for you but i think its a completely different Story Compared to PSSD. You are still on your medication and Most of the people here are off Drugs for years. PSSD means "POST" Dysfunction which Starts afer you wean off the medication.
I think that the "post" is because it lasts even after discontinuation. My PSSD started while on medication, and became 10x worse when off...
Same happened to me. On medication it was just Little Bit numb and i couldnt get 100% hard. When off After some weeks all Symptoms became so much worse.
shinrinyoku

Yes, I realize I do not exactly belong here, but I explained my motivation in the first paragraph. People who start to google genial anesthesia and abilify will most likely come to this site and I wanted to assure them it doesn't have to be permanent and last after discontinuation of Abilify.
Coraggio

Unread post by Coraggio »

shinrinyoku wrote:Holy shit, guys!

I am writing this post on behalf of those who have sexual dysfunction induced by psychotropic drugs, especially atypical antipsychotics like Abilify (I used to be on Risperidone with the same effects), because although I do not belong to this group per se, this is probably the first site sufferers from the dysfunction will come to. And they will see, that people still suffer even years after discontinuation of said drugs. It may trigger severe suicidal ideation, just like in my case. So i do not wish to deepen your depression, but I wish to help those who walk in my shoes.

Diagnosis: severe depression and anxiety, severe panic attacks, social anxiety
Supplement: N-acetylcysteine 2000mg - this was a game changer for me, as it allows me to wean off of Abilify safely. It is basically what keeps me stable. However, it is a potential carcinogen (NOT confirmed yet), so I plan to substitute it with L-tryptophan and niacin in the future.
Sife effects of Abilify: severe genital anesthesia, weight gain (no hunger, slow metabolism), no libido.

I have read about D2 (Dopamine) receptors occupancy in Abilify and have seen this useful chart:

A study somewhere says that even at the dose of 2mg of Abilify, you have the same striatal dopamine occupancy (80percent) as when you are at 15mg - it hits the plateau after 2mg. I have been weaning off of Abilify for almost a year now. I have not felt much change UNTIL RECENTLY, when my dose was reduced below 2mg (it is hard to estimate the value, because i cut 10mg tablets :/ ). And holy shit! Genital sensitivity is coming back and I am so horny! :oops: The only thing I have to do is to hold on and not to cease taking Abilify abruptly, withdrawal psychosis is the last thing I want. So if you have the same thing going on, be patient and try amino acids and other supplements as substitutes for the medicine to quit safely.

I hope this information might be to some value for researchers and other forum members as well. May you find cure for yourselves too.
Thank you man, this is very interesting. Please keep us update both you can come off from the drug with success both you can' t. Your story is very appreciated. Good luck!
pii

Unread post by pii »

Have any Oke tried this taking 2 mg to Cure pssd can this work?
shinrinyoku

Coraggio wrote:
shinrinyoku wrote:Holy shit, guys!

Diagnosis: severe depression and anxiety, severe panic attacks, social anxiety

Thank you man, this is very interesting. Please keep us update both you can come off from the drug with success both you can' t. Your story is very appreciated. Good luck!
Thank you for your kind reply, Corragio! :) I will gladly keep you posted. Except a report in 6 months. I think I have to go extra slow, i am somehere below 2mg and I can feel increased dopamine - not only dysfunction ceases, but i am a bit more hot-headed, more driven, more impulsive, food and music are more pleasurable. All in all, my dopamine seems elevated, so I guess I have to get used to it and it will take time. And also, I had insomnia one night and was restless - antipsychotic withdrawal has these effects on me... So I upped my dose a bit to prevent said withdrawal. Hell, I regret going so slow all year, because below 2 mg is when things start happening! And I cannot wait... I am fed up with being overweight and sexless. :x
shinrinyoku

Also, I kind of apologize for a bit misleading title. I just assumed that it is what people are going to look for on google.
pii

Unread post by pii »

shinrinyoku wrote:Also, I kind of apologize for a bit misleading title. I just assumed that it is what people are going to look for on google.
hello so u never discounted the drug ? i dont understand so good english
did this guy loss his libido when he was on abilify ? but never tried to stop ? only tapperd down and got back libido ? ore did he try to stop full and did not get his libido and function back and then go back on drugs ? and tapperd of slowly and got his function back ?