Introduction: ssribs - ssribs OP

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Moloch

Introduction: ssribs - ssribs OP

Unread post by Moloch »

ssribs on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi there. I am 27 year old male. I suffer from erectile dysfunction brought on by taking lexapro and efexor xr, which were prescribed for mild anxiety. I started taking lexapro 10 mg around August 2006, started experiencing bad erectile dysfunction around December of that year, after just 5 months.
Asked to cease medication about March of 2007 because of this side effect. Took 5mg for 1 month and then stopped. While on lexapro anxiety never really went away, just felt numb and tired all the time as well as other side effects. After lexapro the anxiety seemed to be worse and I actually felt depressed and empty, I was unhappy before antidepressants but nowhere near depressed.

Went back to my doctor, got prescription for efexor xr 75mg, around May 2007. Upped to 150mg about August 2007. Experienced erectile dysfunction on this but was too afraid to stop after experience with lexapro and doctor advised against it. While on efexor didn't really feel better in situations that caused me anxiety, just felt numb. Eventually in July of 2008 started 75mg again. Started taking it every 2nd day during Autumn of that year to taper. I was doing this on my own, without being told by a doctor. Started taking 37.5mg in Spring 2009, every 2nd day too. Mid April 2009 completely stopped.

I'm on no medication now, haven't taken anything since 2009.
I don't smoke, drink or take any other drug.
Have no underlying illness or other symptoms.
I exercise regularly, run long distances, workout and I am strong.
I have a healthy diet, lots of fruit and veg, little caffeine and sugar.

Despite all this and over 4 years having passed after treatment with an ssri and snri I still have bad erectile dysfunction.
I never experienced it before meds. I do not experience morning erections anymore or during sleep.

I have requested access to my files at the psychiatric out-patient clinic where I was treated and have been granted access.
I trawl the internet everyday collecting information on this issue and have heard about finasteride.
When I have enough compiled I am going to go to a lawyer.
I have reported my case to the IMB ( Irish Medicines Board ) and they have contacted me and are interested in my case.

If you are experiencing this hell, do something about it.
Visit the rxisk website and askapatient.com.
Obtain your medical records and think about legal action.
I have seen the ssri sex group on yahoo and other sites. A lot of people on there just talk and talk and it is pointless.
What I and anyone else who is suffering from pssd have to do and should be obligated to do is take action and spread the word.

Check out my blog for a more in depth account and thanks for reading.

Blog: http://antidepressantsandsexualdysfunct ... press.com/