RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Topics related to activism.
fema4psyciatrists

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Can this be stickied to the homepage somehow? Like an announcement or something? If we are gonna make a real go of this and get to the $100,000 it might be good if people can see it here especially new people.

A new post update today, involving the draft letter to pharmaceutical CEO's as well as the universities and colleges, associations of urology etc.

find out more about it
https://rxisk.org/rxisk-prize-no-nos/
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
fema4psyciatrists

Sorry to bump, but can this or a new topic on this be announced and stuck on the homepage of the forum so we can do our best to reach the goal?

While we have got the chance. We have also nearly reached the 10% mark.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I respect Healy and applaud his effort, but the leadership of the PSSD Forum agrees that his ion channel theory is improbable. This is in addition to the comments about giving money to PFS because to my knowledge no PSSD foundation exists at this time, and because I think that the goal he as set for curing all of these diseases is totally unrealistic and far too big for only 100k. I am willing to put this thread at the top of a sub-forum, but not at the top of the entire forum. There was a time that Sonny had Healy's site linked at the top of the forum, and after a while it was determined that this was not the best way to proceed.

"But my hunch is that a Prize is a better initial bet than a Research Grant for a few reasons. One is that I think there may well be people out there working on ion channels or TRP channels rather than endocrine or other approach"

Why is this dangerous?

Because while he has spent years and admitted to seeing very few (if any) recoveries, we are sitting on multiple users being cured under our theory in the past few years, including one just last week. This is first and foremost. I think that our work here is incredibly important, and that we need money for our foundation and our work. It's hard to build 3 years of a theory, then have all the possible money for Melcangi and others being funneled to a theory that we all deeply disagree with. I think that we have a better theory. Sure I'm biased because I helped build it, and I admit that, but I think that I can say statistically that this forum has cured more people than Healy or Surviving Antidepressants. Taking the focus and money from our work is something that I don't support. Let's get that foundation going and get Melcangi and Ulm funded. If someone could show changed SERT levels, then my theory would be validated 90%.

Further, I am worried Dr. Healy's views forwards the pharmaceutical industry and medicine as a whole. We cannot alienate ourselves from these groups. Pharma, Medicine, Psychiatry, etc is all made up by people. They eat and breath like you and I and at the end of the day they go home to their families. It's simply human nature to approach a problem as "us" vs. "them". This is something deeply primal in our nature, but it often fails to create peace. It creates hatred and anger, neither of which will solve PSSD. Western society does have a problem with prescription drugs, but Pharma doesn't have a monopoly on creating that. Pharma didn't rush me into my doctor and get me lexapro. They didn't watch me take the pill. I took it. It was my decision. I made it because I was desperate and wanted a quick fix. We all want a quick fix. We all want the "cure". We want a reason to hope again. We've lost hope and can only barely feel up from down.

I've been on the fence about if I should support Healy or not in this endeavor. Honestly, I think he is trying to build hope. That's important. For me, I'm too attached to the hormone theory to throw my personal support behind him, but that shouldn't stop others if they think it is the best option. I think we should slow down and not get carried away. We have a million unfinished projects of our own that need money. If I think his project isn't the best use of our money, I can't full-heartedly tell you to donate. It's not a concrete enough goal. If we had all the time in the world, and all the money, then yes. We don't. We're getting older. Healy has been following the same patients for decades. At this rate, we all die with PSSD. I don't think that the severity of this is adressed enough. There is no backup plan. If we don't cure this, we all die with PSSD. Either support us in every way possible, or go all in for Healy's plan. The only true crime is doing nothing.

Some questions I have?

What happened to Ulm?
What happened to Melcangi?
What happened to the foundation?

These should be our priorities.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Jones

Unread post by Jones »

Very well put Ghost. Thank you for this post.

I agree to your point that we all wanted a "quick fix" for our problems and we ended up here. That is why i believe we should be very aware when experiementing with things like drugs, hormones etc. At least me, I cannot risk any further damage for the sake of "maybe" seeing some improvement.

The only point i find a bit exaggerated is the people have been CURED in this forum. Im sure that if "we" or "you" have found a cure we would all be out living normal lives and wouldn't bother visiting here.

You rushed to claim a cure not long ago, during lost soul's estradiol trial. I still remember the enthusiasism over this one. But guess what, lost soul is still here, and as he claims, with severe pssd. If you know any person who has permanently cured himself using a suggested treatment from here, please let me know.

And also, i believe its pretty rational for people to despise big pharma and have deep hatred for them. They didnt put the drugs in our mouth, mostly because of constitutionalism, but they did deceive us in the worst possible way. And they are 100% to blame, not us.

If, after being chemically castrated, someone is still a supporter or doesnt realize that western madicine has been hijacked by corruption and is 100% evil, capital-driven and anti-cure, he is only fooling himself.

Having said that, i believe that this forum is the best PSSD forum out there, hands down. If you want a good understanding of what pssd is and how people are affected, this is the place you should look at. No fake, unproved hope(surviving antidepressants), or desperation spreading everywhere (rxisk, yahoo forum). This place depicts the whole situation in the most realistic way in my opininon.

And of course im a huge supporter of the effort that is done by ghost and others in here to promote optimism and finding a solution.
PSSD after 9 days on cipralex 10mg (escitalopram), July 2013.
Had sexual sides from the first dose. Developed full pssd after i stopped.
Slowly improved to 70% of normal within 3.5 years.
"Crashed" again on April 2017.
Severe pssd again.
PLZNO

Unread post by PLZNO »

As Ghost says, the only true crime is doing nothing
I'm ready to support anyone who's trying to help us
But I'll not forget the priorities we have
2016 march~april
Strattera+Vortioxetine for 3weeks
2016 may~june
Escitalopram for 2weeks (PSSD)
fema4psyciatrists

David Healy just went On the Mad In America Podcast (formerly 'The Let's Talk Withdrawal' podcast) for a PSSD show.

You might be interested in listening: https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/11/dr ... sfunction/

It's also on Itunes. So what can we do? Share as far and as wide as possible and try to get people to take note?
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
fema4psyciatrists

My friend made a video promoting my marathon running against castration to support the Rxisk Crowdfunding Prize to cure permanent sexual dysfunction from mental health drugs.

Please like and share widely.

https://youtu.be/XE4VHYxkM4E

I have also launched my marathon campaign to support the rxisk prize to cure permanent sexual dysfunction from mental health drugs called Run Against Castration. It is up now at http://www.RunAgainstCastration.com

I am doing something about it.

Please like and share widely. Let's get this out there.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

Ghost wrote: Some questions I have?
What happened to Ulm?
My psychiatrist has contacted the professor who did the fmri study on sexual dysfunction (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21544071/). I haven’t talked to Sulawesi but this must be the professor he was talking about because there is only one fmri study on sexual dysfunction under Prozac that was conducted in Ulm. Anyway, my psychiatrist has contacted her twice to ask about details concerning pssd and possible treatment options. As far as she said, she reacted very cautiously saying she didn’t know whether pssd existed. Also, she didn’t say anything about possible treatment options. And even more surprising to me: she didn’t mention any study about pssd.

I have thought about directly contacting her via email because I’m very desperate. I’m 35 now and have lived with pssd for almost 10 years and am absolutely not willing to die with this condition! So if Sulawesi (If you read this: Let’s get in touch!) needs any form of support, I am absolutely willing. However, I’m a female, so taking part in the study wouldn’t be an option unless she wants to do another study on female sexual dysfunction.

Otherwise, I can try and contact her myself and forward information or ask questions that you think are important.
Zant808

Unread post by Zant808 »

The $100,000 is a nice start but the goal isn't even close to being reached. The prize pool needs to be at $1,000,000 and even then for most people in my industry, they wouldn't even get out of bed to create a marketing campaign for this low of a budget. To put things into perspective, the world's wealthiest man is now Jeff Bezos who has a personal net worth of approximately $105,000,000,000. He makes around $1,100 per second. Now one thing about Jeff Bezos is that he is new in the philanthropy scene and even admits that he doesn't know how to help humanity. Just something to think about...
I was forced onto Prozac back in the mid 1990s as a minor giving me PSSD then either forced or coerced to take 40+ different psychiatric medications resulting in severe iatrogenesis.
Currently on 1125 mg Depakote Sprinkles, 3 mg Klonopin.
fema4psyciatrists

I have just completed the 2018 Brighton Marathon this sunday in support of this. You can see the updated article and vlog here if it is okay to post it: https://runagainstcastration.com/2018/0 ... isk-prize/
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy