Can Wellbutrin help with genital anesthesia?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Dark0047

Can Wellbutrin help with genital anesthesia?

Unread post by Dark0047 »

Hi guys. Have you ever tried Wellbutrin? Did it help with genital anesthesia? If not, what can help to get my sensitivity back to my glans?
Whyme11

Re: Can Wellbutrin help with genital anesthesia?

Unread post by Whyme11 »

I had not tried .But I think it can't cure general anesthesia become wellbutrin also cause mild sexual dysfunctioning .Low libido is due to insensitivity hence according to my opinion it will increase genetial anesthesia
anetherus

Unread post by anetherus »

It did help alot for me, be sure to try it Dark. You have nothing to lose doing it. Wellbutrin is not associated with bad permanent side effects like SSRI's. It's not however a final cure, it works while you're taking it and it can be quite expensive though.
Citalopram 1 or 2 tablets 2010, pleasureless orgasm until I went on Wellbutrin nov 2015. Also on Mirtazapine for SSRI sleep issues.
WeWillOvercome

Unread post by WeWillOvercome »

For anyone on the forum who experienced improvement (genital anesthesia, libido, etc.) from Wellbutrin, can you let me know how long you took the drug and what dose you took before you experienced benefits?

I’ve tried Wellbutrin for PSSD 3 different times at 150 MG for about a month at a time and I just hated how it makes me feel (manic). My psychiatrist suggested I try it again but I just don’t see it being sustainable. However, I hate to think that I’m leaving a stone unturned.
Fluoxetine (Prozac) from August '16 to February '17. No sex drive, severe erectile dysfunction, pronounced anhedonia.