Magnilo Story

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
magnilo

Re: Magnillo Story

Unread post by magnilo »

lately ive been taking vortioxetine 5mg a day and i started isotretinoin again after half a year without (15aug - 15feb). i must say that i dont believe discontinuing it changed anything in sexual functioning.
also the vortioxetine does not seem to make me limp as much as it did last time i tried. probably its because im supplementing gingko and maca. those two have studies backing up their effectiveness in counteracting SSRI-induced sexual problems
so im getting back on it because at least i can live acne free which itself is a nice confidence boost.
I look forward to adding either mirtazapine or nortryptiline to my regimen under shrink supervision. tbh i want to get rid of any form of depression or anxiety that might be lingering and see if my sexual issues improve.
Ghost

Re: Magnilo Story

Unread post by Ghost »

Don't take isotretinoin. It causes PAS. NOT WORTH IT.

There are forums of people just like us who got messed up by Accutane.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

Ghost wrote:Don't take isotretinoin. It causes PAS. NOT WORTH IT.

There are forums of people just like us who got messed up by Accutane.
Hi Ghost
yes i know, that is the reason i discontinued it for half a year, to see if it had an impact over my sexuality
i have been taking accutane on and off since i was a teen. when i was younger i was given 30mg a day which was the normal dose and which made me apathetic sort of like a ssri a (high school professors were reporting me as being apathetic so it wasnt just my imagination) and going to bed right after school ended.

in the latest years ive been having success with a maintenance dose of 10mg every other day which seems to be side effects free...

i guess the question is, should i have waited more than 6 months to evaluate the effects of isotretinoin on my sexuality?
sadly i have very weird acne all over my body (luckily not the face) and using topical treatment is kind of crazy...

do you know if there are studies that document possible overlappings in the mechanisms of action of SSRIs and Accutane?

tbh it is not very surprising that i ended up with fucked up sexuality after taking SSRIs, Accutane and being depressed
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

starting Agomelatine today and quitting vortioxetine, considered the long half life of the latter, there will be a bit of an overlap
started taking 10mg a week of isotretinoin too
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

started microdosing ibogaine about the 2nd of march, one drop a day. not directly pssd related but i tought id keep note.
ill update later if it has any implications/results for pssd
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

if you are sure you are not even partially depressed, skip this entry. im not discussing substances that have direct influence on pssd, rather antidepressant effects

its been about a month that im taking one (rarely two) drops a day of ibogaine tincture and i must say its a decent antidepressant with no side effects
it does seem to make me a bit agitated from time to time but all in all its had only positive effects, especially on the intellectual side of things: introspection, acceptance, taking a less dramaturgical stance towards the whole issue.
ive come to believe that i do indeed have a problem with depression and generally with my purpose in life and i am fairly sure that it does play a role in all this.

recently ive had little bursts of anger which to me is something fairly unprecedented and i find it very interesting: may be anhedonia subsiding? had a similar experience with nsi189
anyhow. ill take one more month and then decide, again, what to do. ive also been considering lsd microdosing, apparently its also great for creativity, which is something i feel has been greatly mutilated by prozac and has remained so, and tbh i may be missing it more than my orgasms. so yeah, ill explore in that direction, too.

other things:
ive been taking 5mg every other day of isotretinoin, and my acne is clearing up good. not feeling any particular side effect, yet, may-be a bit diminished penis sensitivity? might be placebo, tho
ive started doing sports again a bit more consistently and i enjoy it :)
dropped all other supplements because i was tired of the whole thing. having 10bottles of pills around your home makes you look like someones whos having chemiotherapy and slowly you start believing it yourself.
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

interestingly i have noticed more responsiveness in my penis: i have the impression i am regaining the ability to willfully push blood through it when it is in a semi flaccid state. its like having access to a function that was gone.
i honestly dont know what it is that might have done this. i did try doing some excercises like stretching and pulling lately but like 2-3 times so i doubt its that.. anyway its encouraging!
also i get some extreme morning wood, the type of morning woods you wake up and go like woah this almost hurts. weird and good. i dont have a GF anymore so i dont know if i could maintain those for all the time i need, and most surely i could not reach orgasm anyway. but i tought it was worth reporting!
on a side note i think ibogaine is probably doing something to my adrenergic system as i find im out of breath so much faster recently... do not like at all! i run 4km and im out of breath...
anyway i think ibogaine can be recommended for two reasons: prove that serotonin meds are not the devil (it interacts with a lot of different systems and a lot with SE) and also to give a chance to look at things from a different perspective to the most afflicted among us
I like the substance but have a feeling of having plateaud and it is recommended to be taken one month so i think ill try to quit and stay off everything for a little
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

ive been taking 50mg of agomelatine a day and dosing about 10-15mcg LSD every 4 days for the past two weeks
after about one week i had the impression my anhedonia was greatly improved, but right after that ive encountered a mood dip that is still lasting
its characterized by really big fatigue. it had really been a while ive had not been as tired! maybe i just sleep too much, but i really could take a nap every three hours...
maybe its just the drinking i did the weekend, may be putting my poor liver under too much pressure.
although i think its the LSD. while on the "on" days it helps (even though not as expected), the off days are really just off and dull. probably going to discontinue that soon. also might be messying up my agomelatine trial.
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

ive been taking agomelatine for about 10 weeks and i must say it has helped with some anhedonia symptoms... its a mild and subtle antidepressant with no side effects in my experience
one interesting thing i noticed is my intestinal distress was much better while on it. i had to run to the bathroom only once in in these two months which is great. probably helps anxiety in some way even if its not described to do so.
im discontinuing for a number of reasons: not really helpful for pssd, not really helpful for motivation/cognition, starting selegiline soon. Also the fact that i have about 3-4 weeks worth of pills left and i like knowing i can give it a second go if i want to.
erections have been waning lately, but ive been taking alternatively DHEA 10mg / pregnenolone 10mg / testosterone 2.5mg in a slightly anarchic fashion. i have the impression after a while of doing this you lose the benefits and maybe your own body slacks a bit. i need to find a better balance.
also ive had stopped with gingko a while back and recently also stopped with maca. all of this to double check if they really have an effect and i do think they have
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

10 days into 10mg selegiline.
interestingly i feel a bit "autistic" in the sense that i noticed i tend to look more away from people when talking, or am just not really into conversations about frivolous/silly topics anymore. not that i was before, but i could play along.
also, "enjoyment" for things has been left unchanged and saddens me a bit. i remember that fluoxetine made things enjoyable and interesting (moclobemide less so but overall better med), so imho a bit of serotonin stimulation is still somehow needed...
ive had an episode of IBS-D yesterday and overall gut health has been deteriorating after quitting agomelatine. that stuff really worked! glad ive 3 weeks worth of pills left so i can test again and make sure its not just a coincidence.

so as of now im taking 10mg selegiline daily and rotating between the following every other day: T(2mg, topical)/Preg(25mg, oral)/DHEA(15mg, topical). i had topical pregnenolone before and my impression is that of all these 3 it was the best substance, but i might be wrong. have been reading about progesterone recently and it seems ill have to give that a shot.

at the moment i am trying to find a balanced and sustainable treatment of my symptoms that does not screw up my HPTAxis and would like to stay away from antidepressants alltogether