Progesterone

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
shadowMan

Re: Progesterone

Unread post by shadowMan »

I went to a new Dr to show my tests, because of my high Insulin. I eventually told him about PSSD, he didnt knew the term, but he showed interest! He was looking my tests and when he saw the Prog and Aldo levels it got his attention even more. I wasnt expected that, he said a lot of things similar to what we discussed here about Progesterone, he even added K to the equation and how both could do things like we are experiencing here, showed me a lot of steroid pathways and axis(he called the enzymes by their full names LOL), he wants to test my adrenals first to see if theres something wrong(adrenals are his specialty), but he told me that he wants to look more into this.

Im just telling this, because what he said that Prog and K can do this kind of thing, and this is what we were discussing here and on hackstasis.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Brilliant! Great work! I love to see this!

Would be interesting to see if I can talk to him ever.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

Halan wrote: I'm sure progesterone is altered in pssd
I tried low ssri dose last month, and it made my balls numb, like when I used to smoke weed. 1 month passed, and it's not numb anymore, but my libido is lower than before this low ssri trial.
When I used to smoke weed, I remember I used to feel a similar numbness. Weed increases progesterone by A LOT.
I don't visit this forum regularly. Do you guys found something important about prog?
I mean... pregnenolone, not progesterone... maybe progesterone is high too, Idk
pregnenolone has these numbing effects
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

Ghost wrote:Brilliant! Great work! I love to see this!

Would be interesting to see if I can talk to him ever.

Hey Ghost, can you give me a word about where all the research about pssd is at? A time ago we were stuck in some theories, seems now we have more clue. But what about solutions? I'm just asking because I tried lot of things, but just a few gave me relief. I'm losing the hope. I'll try next forskolin or metergoline.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Research is going. I've loved being able to help in the PSSD community with research, but the sad reality is that I'm a full time student, and that's just gonna be worse once I start medical school. That will basically consume all of my time for 4-8+ years. I always am interested in PSSD, but it's hard for me because I am so busy/ have so many commitments and hobbies.

I've been tinkering with new ideas, but nothing concrete yet. Probably in the next month or so I'll role out another wave of stuff. Tons of resources and old stuff @

www.pssdlab.wordpress.com
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
varicocele-guy

Unread post by varicocele-guy »

Mine is: 0,14ng/ml which is on the lower side or below the low reference range (depending on the source)
Marcopol

Unread post by Marcopol »

MTP kit crams progesterone to terminate pregnancy.
SufferingfromSSRI

Unread post by SufferingfromSSRI »

Just got mine tested. 0.3 ng/ml for a range of 0.0-0.5. Normal I suppose.
SufferingfromSSRI

Nevermind, I guess that is high. I'm at 0.3 and I am now seeing that males should be less than 0.2 ng/ml.
SufferingfromSSRI

I guess I don't know how to interpret this. Is the reference range provided on the test what I should compare against or a standardized "normal" upper limit for men, like 0.2 ng/ml?