Epigenetics

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Glitch

Epigenetics

Unread post by Glitch »

I'm sure you guys have seen this before and I must admit, I don't know shit about the human brain or genetics but I really think that reversing epigenetic changes is the only way to cure it. I mean, as another option, there might be a way to band-aid it completely. Who knows.

So if you haven't already, check this out:

http://www.medicinabiomolecular.com.br/ ... g-0043.pdf

The bad news:

SSRIs and antidepressants
Altered chromatin architecture, gene expression, behavior, infertility

The good(ish) news.

Alteration of
DNA methylation,
histoneacetylation, and
chromatin architecture.
Hard to reverse

Hard to reverse but possible.

I'm also still curious about the idea that MTHFR increases your risk of getting PSSD.
Hades

Re: Epigenetics

Unread post by Hades »

i believe in epigenetic alteration theory too.
Hades

Unread post by Hades »

you see after that 200 references studies and everyone saying that studies have not been done.MADNESS
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

If we had a top geneticist involved in this, it would be a game changer.
Glitch

Supplements that influence epigenetics?

Unread post by Glitch »

So I'm pretty convinced that this is epigenetic at this point. The only two supplements that I've seen that effect epigenetic switching is ECGC and Curcumin. Does anyone know of any other potent supplements for this? I would like to start a very high dose trial of these really soon. It'll probably be a huge waste of money but fuck it.
I'm not sure how it works. I believe genetics can be switched back with the right kind of environmental pressure, right?
Juvo

Re: Supplements that influence epigenetics?

Unread post by Juvo »

Glitch wrote:So I'm pretty convinced that this is epigenetic at this point. The only two supplements that I've seen that effect epigenetic switching is ECGC and Curcumin. Does anyone know of any other potent supplements for this? I would like to start a very high dose trial of these really soon. It'll probably be a huge waste of money but fuck it.
I'm not sure how it works. I believe genetics can be switched back with the right kind of environmental pressure, right?
I would almost try water fasting for a week then jump on the curcumin. I've read enough anecdotal reports that the fasting makes your body more sensitive.
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

I'm a little skeptical about fasting in general because I've read about it and done it quite a few times. I didn't notice any benefits but I'll try it with the supplements and see how it goes, Thanks for the suggestion.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

From what's very little I understand of it this epigenetics thing sounds very plausible. Question - how could this his be linked to hormonal stuff which is my current favoured theory?

I am really stuck for what to try next but for ease of access I might try curcumin. I've struggled to get my idiot dr to give me the antidepressant stuff I wanted to try. I will look forward to your results too glitch
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

Kk88,
The link that sjv16477 posted pretty much explains the whole epigenetic theory.

sjv16477,
I think I saw this when it was originally posted but I didn't think much about it at the time. Thanks for the link -- This is perfect! Does anyone know who the guy that wrote that is? Has anyone had success with these treatments or do we have reports from people who've tried?