UK PSSD legal action

Topics related to activism.
Janie

Re: UK PSSD legal action

Unread post by Janie »

Maybe there is a 4th one. The person I told you about stopped his long term escitalopram (he had some SD on it though), then reinstated, this is when his reaction happened.
So maybe 4. After reinstatement/kindling?

Mine is the 1st without doubts. But based on the existence of 3rd scenario and the temporary relieves for some, I believe more in the receptor downregulation/activation theories or in a very serious neurosteroid/hormon alteration theories in brain (so a serious functional issue rather then destroyed nerve cells). But I'm not an expert unfortunately, I have only hope in the studies and Ghost's work.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

Yes repeated ssri use seems to be culprit in many cases
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Yep surely if the drugs were directly neurotoxic in some way we'd have seen some strong evidence by now showing a causal link between time spent on the drug and extent of damage. But so many people have severe PSSD after taking drugs for < 1 month.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
siebs1122

Unread post by siebs1122 »

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/No ... 000000.pdf[/quote]
No, I don't agree. Of course there is not much evidence about EVERY possible mechanism that could have led to these permanent changes. That's why we don't know why PSSD happens. Ruling out neuronal damage is just totally stupid when we know nothing in fact.

T
Peter Breggin wrote: Kalia et al. found that 4 days of high doses of serotonin-stimulating drugs, including Zoloft and Prozac, caused abnormalities in the body and the axons of neurons. Prozac more often produced a large swelling of the neuronal body. Zoloft caused swollen and truncated axons and, in some cases, made the cells look corkscrew in some form. The study raises questions about the survivability of the damaged cells
[/quote]

SSRIs have been studied extensively for 50 years, if there was any significant evidence they could cause neuronal damage they would have never even made it onto the market, yet alone gained FDA approval to prescribe to kids. Just because we don't know the exact mechanisms in which PSSD occurs doesn't mean it involves brain damage. This is a dangerous idea to propose because it spreads false information that can lead to unwarranted fear from people who are already suffering greatly. The fact that some people recover from certain supplements/medication is proof that brain damage is not the culprit.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

I saw guy who suffer from identical symptoms from mydocalm.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

It belongs to Cholinergic muscarinic antagonist pharmacological group so maybe here is problem.
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

I don't know whether it induces brain damage or not. But I question the studies that almost picture SSRIs as "beneficial" for the brain.
How this can be if between the recognized side effects there is cognitive dysfunction, memory dysfunction etc.? This is contradictory...
Unfortunately those terrible side effects weren't listed on my leaflet but still they are undeniable.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

Also i found page with suplements for many problems and this set drawed my atention.

Supplements that may help increase muscarinic receptors and fusion:
Ashwaganda
Ginkgo
MSM
Acetyl carnitine
Alanine
Nystatin + Moducare
Shilajit
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

Also cdp choline helped slightly few persons and Mahmur reported EGCG improovement.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

The first generation antihistamines, such as diphenhydramine, are fairly potent muscarinic antagonists and it causes permanent sexual dysfuncion.
BDW it was precursor ssri IIRC