PSSD Symptoms (Official Thread)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
iggy131313

ANHEDONIA

Unread post by iggy131313 »

How many people here have anhedonia as a symptom? and how severe is it? and if you do have emotional apathy/loss of creativity etc...what drug did you take?

ta!
iggy131313

Re: ANHEDONIA

so luis...forgive me, you are back on lexapro now? why did you go back onto the drug?

im really interested in the liver flushes, I wonder why that would work...it makes no sense.....

yes I couldnt never have SJW as I have sensitivity to serotonin

Im really interested in what drug caused the PSSD for both of you...im writing a paper and it would be really helpful to know, if you would be kind enough to tell me
iggy131313

For those with anhedonia

A few questions for those of us who have severe anhedonia

1) can you feel anxiety?

2) can you cry and feel sadness

3) do you dream?
sjv16477

Re: For those with anhedonia

Unread post by sjv16477 »

iggy131313 wrote:A few questions for hose of us who have severe anhedonia

1) can you feel anxiety?

2) can you cry and feel sadness

3) do you dream?
1) only a bit
2) No, sometimes a bit
3) Sometimes, but it's different because I dream only just before to weak up, are not deep dreams during the rem sleep. They are differents and less imaginative.
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

Last edited by jaiho on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

1.) Yes a bit, but in the initial few months not at all
2.) For the longest time no but in the past month had a few moments where I've been really touched by something I've seen, still doesn't really feel complete but it's hard to explain why.
3.) Yes but even in my dreams I don't have a full emotional range, like sjv said, less imaginitive
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Dead

Unread post by Dead »

I have visual anhedonia. Like nothing that i see makes me feel anything. But i can feel things by listening to something or by a smell, or by eating. But i don't feel anything by looking at something. It's like the rest of my mind is disconnected from my vision. I don't really feel like i'm "here". It's like i'm looking at the world through a tiny window. A window that's not very clean so that i only get a few glimpses here and there.

To answer your questions:

1) Normally not...

2) My emotional capacity varies a lot from week to week. There are weeks when i'm in full zombie mode, which is probably the normal state for me now. But there are also weeks when my emotions comes to life a bit, and during those weeks i tend to cry a lot. During those weeks i'm also more empathetic. I can sort of induce these emotional weeks myself by changing some of my habits. But it's very hard because there's so much negative emotions that starts surfacing. And i will get so much anxiety it's like going through withdrawal all over again.

3) Yes i dream a lot every night. Always have my whole life.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

1. I ve never felt such a strong anxiety
2. I can cry and feel all emotion but mostly it s now fear and anxiety
3. I can dream......

My anhedonia steams from the fact that i m left alone with that f....d condition and my life is broken and finished......
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Miguel29

Diarrhoea and serotonin

Unread post by Miguel29 »

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd ask the forums opinion/experiences with Diarrhoea after PSSD. I know this might just be weird and laughable, but maybe there's something to it.

Anyway my personal experience has been that I've noticed I've had Diarrhoea every morning for since this whole PSSD thing began for me. I was attributing it to stress. But the ongoing nature of it prompted me to Google "Diarrhoea and Serotonin".

As most of you probably already know it's estimated 95% of Serotonin resided in the gut. And too much Serotonin in the gut is said to cause Diarrhoea. I was already under the belief that I had too much Serotonin floating around and this seems to fall inline with that. My plan right now is going to be to lower my Serotonin with Shilajit or Berberine and raise my Dopamine with L-Tyrosine.

I would be interested to hear if this makes sense to some of you. Maybe it's just me though, in which case too much information for you guys. I know chances are I've overlooked some sort of important information or somehow ignorant of how Serotonin actually works, so happy to hear all opinions.
Ghost

Re: Diarrhoea and serotonin

Unread post by Ghost »

This happened to me at first, especially in the first 6-12 months or so of PSSD. Seems to have gotten better these days.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)