Moclobemide

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Moloch

Moclobemide

Unread post by Moloch »

kramdrol on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:23 pm

My PSSD was brought on by Cymbalta, leaving me feeling nothing down there. Really hard to climax, and when can, it is pretty dull. Have tried lots of herbs, none have worked. Took 150mg Moclobemide yesterday, and the same again today. Was able to 'finish' without too much effort, and it was a great experience. Woo-Hoo!! Moclobemide is really cheap in Aus, has low side-effect profile, boosts my mood, and has cured my PSSD. Win win win!!!
Moloch

Re: Moclobemide works really well.. - kramdrol OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Maldoror on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Did you have erectile dysfunction?
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

kramdrol on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Yes, have had ED. The well known meds fixed this, but did nothing to help me climax. I do not know if I still need them.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

HeyItsMePSSD on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:05 am

Thanks Kramdrol, thats great news!!

Apart from your climax did you also notice an increase in libido/arousal?

Thanks,

(Here is a study with mclobemide that found similar positive results)

Switching to moclobemide to reverse fluoxetine-induced sexual dysfunction in patients with depression.
Abstract
OBJECTIVE: To determine the efficacy of substituting moclobemide, a reversible monoamine oxidase-A inhibitor, for fluoxetine to reverse fluoxetine-induced sexual dysfunction in patients with depression. DESIGN: Prospective open trial. SETTING: Outpatient treatment. PARTICIPANTS: Five patients with depressive disorder who experienced sexual side effects during treatment with standard doses of fluoxetine (20 to 40 mg per day). INTERVENTION: Discontinuation of fluoxetine and replacement with moclobemide (300 to 600 mg per day) after a 2-week washout period. OUTCOME MEASURES: Libido, orgasmic function (in women) or erectile and ejaculatory function (in men), and overall improvement in sexual function during a follow-up period of 2 months to 3 years. RESULTS: Among patients receiving fluoxetine questioned about sexual side effects, 4 (1 man and 3 women) had treatment-related diminished libido with poor orgasmic response or partial erectile failure, and 1 female patient had enhanced sexual desire with intense clitoral stimulation. In all patients, sexual disturbances resolved completely after a 2-week washout period and a switch to treatment with moclobemide. Moclobemide was well tolerated. The antidepressant effect of moclobemide was comparable to that of fluoxetine. CONCLUSIONS: Moclobemide may be preferred as a treatment for depression in patients with fluoxetine-induced sexual dysfunction.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

kramdrol on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:00 pm

... generic brand Moclobemide gave me 'anger/rage' and generally made me feel shit. Have just switched to the real brand in Aus, 'Aurorix'. Feel good so far. I may have to spend some time figuring out what dose/schedule works best for me. Libido was fine beforehand, just couldn't climax. Will post again when I put it to the test again in a couple of days...
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

kramdrol on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 pm

This stuff is still working. Take 150mg every day, and an extra tablet when I want to have sex. 3 hour lead time and then sex is great including climax. Generic brand Moclobemide (Sandoz) is the one that does the trick. It unlocks the emotions that Cymbalta killed. I can feel sad, happy, really happy, a touch of anger and rage too if I am not careful. The 'real' brand does NOT seem to unlock my emotions, and does not improve sex. There is no doubt the two different brands of the same drug work very differently in me. The drug companies have some explaining to do...

I am curious to know if it is the increase in adrenaline, or norepinephrine that is unlocking my emotions?
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Just a word of caution for readers.... While this is relatively safe as MAOI's go, it's still an MAOI. So not something to just try. Get a prescription from a doctor, who can discuss the risks with you, and the things which interact with it.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

zbritches on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:19 pm

Of course it's not available in the US...
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

ShaneDaniels on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:57 am

I have tried Moclobemide also it helps, but more when you start that or increase a dosage. Well I think You can increase a dosage occasionally if You want more effect.
I also noticed morning erection from Risperdal and Zyprexa, those affect more to serotonin receptors, but in only works next morning and it doesn't work two days in a row.
Tryptamines also gives you a morning erection for the next morning.
Wellbutrin also helps little.
Methylphenidate gave better erection after it's effects had worn off at the night.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

kramdrol on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Yeah, it is not as effective now as it was when I first started, but it is still much better than not being on it. All meds I try have a reduction in effectiveness over time, especially anti-depressants, so I expected this. Being 50% better is still awesome.