Moclobemide

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
jaiho

Re: Moclobemide

Unread post by jaiho »

Guys you can get moclo from pharmacygeoff.md
use a freight forwarder to ship it outside U.S

Also make sure you give high doses a good run. 900+MG is doable to activate more dopamine.
Add agomelatine if you dont feel anything.
Add Wellbutrin if you still dont feel anything.
Add NSI-189 for anhedonia treatment
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

Was on about 450 600 a day, dosing about twice a day. I found the 450 dose was best for me as I don't like looking too hyped up
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Im at 300mg. They up it to 450mg but I felt drugged out. I only gave it a week at that dose though.

What time of day do you take your meds?
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

i dont think it plays a huge role, just try to spread them as much as you can i guess. for me it was mostly stimulating but it is true that sometime it makes you sleepy, i think it has to do with the melatonin. Usually i dosed about 300 morning and 300 2pm
gracy

Unread post by gracy »

Moclobemide (sold as Aurox, Manerix) is a drug primarily used to treat depression and social anxiety. Although clinical trials with the medicine began in 1977, it is not approved for use in the United States. Moclobemide is a reversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase A (RIMA),[1] a type of monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), and acts on epinephrine (adrenaline), norepinephrine (noradrenaline), serotonin, and dopamine. Unlike standard MAOIs, possible side effects do not include cardiovascular complications (hypertension) with encephalopathy, liver toxicity or hyperthermia.
logicalscout

Unread post by logicalscout »

Hi all,

After reading this thread, I managed to get Moclobemide. I started this morning at 75mg at 9am and 75mg at midday.

I won't reach any full conclusion until I try the drug for 4-6 weeks but here are my thoughts below:

1. It's effects pretty much showed themselves immediately
a. The persistent pain/soreness I had in my head started to dissipate and now barely noticeable
b. I have low anxiety, but it completely did demolish any remaining anxious thoughts I had
c. I'm feeling reaaaaallly spaced out at the moment (hoping that will pass after some time)
d. Any major effects on libido? When I took the morning, just initially I had a spontaneous erection a very minor increase in libido (which was exciting) but didn't seem to persist
e. I feel the drug makes you a lot more resilient to stress, I don't seem to be focused on any major negative thoughts (but maybe that's because I'm so spaced out)
f. My ADD symptoms are improved noticeably (do I feel like doing things? e.g. writing this post, not really, but it was a lot easier to write it out, if you asked me last week to do this I probably wouldn't have written this out). Same thing with going to the gym, I'm going today for the first time in a long time (do I feel like going? no, but it's a lot easier to actually go)
g. Has it had any effect on my depression? yes, I actually feel a lot less depressed (but that is not the same as feeling happy)
h. So it's helped on depression, but do you feel happier? not majorly, I still feel major anhedonia, still hard finding pleasure in things (songs, games), I don't feel a zest for life, feeling quite apathetic at the moment.
i. Is it causing insomnia? The opposite, I took the first morning dose and had to have a nap (I feel like my brain physiology is so different to normal people, apparently this drug is supposed to be so stimulating it keeps you up, I still had to have 2 black coffees)
j. Is it still better than being off antidepressants? I would say yes for the moment, cause at last i'm functional, and it's allowing me to do other things in my life (gym, tasks) that are important
h. Any other side effects? My feet got really cold

These are just my initial thoughts and I won't draw any major conclusions from them as I've only used it for one day, but it might helpful as log going on.
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

really happy you found some help with moclobemide :) its a great drug! only downside imho is that it needs to be dosed often!
i think the tiredness is because it also inhibits breakdown of melatonin, it does that sometimes for me too! but usually its energizing and even slightly euphoric.
as you mentioned, also in my experience it does not really "drive" you to do things or be more productive. on the contrary, it kinda makes me complacent with myself and just increases my tendency to dick around, fundamentally.
logicalscout

Day 3 with Moclobemide:

Not feeling too great on it at the moment. Taking 75mg in the morning.

a. Any increase in libido that occurred on the first day is gone
b. I feel more anhedonic on this drug (Maybe the increased serotonin is blocking the dopamine receptors?)
c. I do feel the noradrenergic component of this drug (Easier to do things at work, slightly more confident, but also more angry)

I'm not sure I can stay on this drug or consider increasing it.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

You are only trying it 3 days, way too short to draw real conclusions imho. For me it give me temporarily increase in libido and easier erections.
It is generally considered a weak antidepressant, perhaps thats why most people dont get persistant benefits.
logicalscout

I definitely agree, but if I'm having negative symptoms after the lowest possible dose, I'm not sure increasing it would help.

Day 4 with Moclobemide:

a. Low libido still
b. Still feeling very anhedonic no effects on depression (Drinking coffee had a greater effect)
c. Felt a bit wired today (Usually if I feel wired, my libido is quite not existent)
d. ADD symptoms are greatly reduced, very easy to focus on work (when I'd usually be distracted). Got a lot work done today
e. Appetite has reduced (Not a bad thing)
f. No issues with sleep