Progesterone, 17- Oh progesterone, Androstenedione

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Coraggio

Progesterone, 17- Oh progesterone, Androstenedione

Unread post by Coraggio »

Guys I have found that I have high blood progesterone. I took Citalopram. I am going to test also 17-OH progesterone and Androstenedione too.
Citalopram in vitro cell test is able to decrease a bit T and E2 but to increase progesterone significantly. In fact I have High Progesterone.
Please check it out your hormones frequently and add these ones Please. It should be great if everyone update their hormonal abnormalities here.
Altough my T is good ( 750 ng/dl) my progesterone is tooooo high. Progesterone can reduce testosterone uptake by brain and testis of 70%!!!
I ve also found that progesterone receptors are too much in infertile male testis and that can reduce SERT in the colon. So this is important!!

This is the link of the study that explain each SSRI activity in vitro on T, E2 and PROG:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26162595

Does anyone have check it out? If yes, they are normal?
Last edited by Coraggio on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigmum

Re: Progesterone, 17- Oh progesterone, Androstenedione

Unread post by Bigmum »

"Progesterone is the most potent known inhibitor of the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, which converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT)"
So it make sense somehow what we could have in common with pfs suffers...
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Marksanchez397

Unread post by Marksanchez397 »

I have very high androstenedione too (double of Max) And i took citalopram too.
Coraggio

Marksanchez397 wrote:I have very high androstenedione too (double of Max) And i took citalopram too.
Oh this is very important. Please let test also progesterone and 17-OH progesterone soon and then post here the result. These 3 hormones are made ( with testosterone) by the same enzyme!!! This is a big evidence for us. I guess also that your testo is normal- good
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

My testosterone is normal...Which might make sense: .

The Lau et al. study states that:

"In this respect, the [SSRI] rats presented serum Testosterone (T) levels similar to those of the [Control] rats" - This might explain why not everyone with PSSD has low T.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Brooks Esq.

Unread post by Brooks Esq. »

This is fascinating. I know it has nothing at all to do with PSSD I was looking at this in my reading. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6309119 If it works for someone who was castrated by means of a bad vasectemy, its at least worth looking into.

In addition, progesterone is a component of the Depo- Provera shot. The Deo-Provera shot is used to castrate repeat sex offenders. So if your level is high, and we can confirm it in others, its at least worth looking into.

I also forgot to mention that I have looked into many pubmed studies that were researching the effects of SSRIs on neurosteroids. In some of the studies they would measure both CFS and blood plasma levels of the neurosteroids after the administration of an SSRI. The one important conclusion in the studies was that although SSRIs had effects on the levels of neurosteroids in the CFS, it was not usually detectable in plasma. In other words, blood plasma levels of neurosteroids are very poor indicators of the levels in cerebral spinal fluid. However, even if we can detect an abnormality in your plasma levels it still is something to look into further.
Marksanchez397

Unread post by Marksanchez397 »

Coraggio wrote:
Marksanchez397 wrote:I have very high androstenedione too (double of Max) And i took citalopram too.
Oh this is very important. Please let test also progesterone and 17-OH progesterone soon and then post here the result. These 3 hormones are made ( with testosterone) by the same enzyme!!! This is a big evidence for us. I guess also that your testo is normal- good
Yes, my testo is righit (arround 600). My analisys don't proove my progesterone.
I think maybe we have found the problem. We all need to proove these things (androstenedione and progesterone) and if we find any common results tell it to the people who are making the reseraches (italian scientifics, people that are studing pssd in israel, dr. Helley...)
Anims

Unread post by Anims »

I find this very interesting and definitely going to check out my hormones. So should i simply ask my doctor?? Is it a blood test?? Should i ask for progesterone, 17 OH progesterone and androstenedione or there is some standard test??
Coraggio

ok let me do a sistematic work. for every SSRI now i create a specific thread and every person who has taken that drug post the hormanal test that I am going to suggest. And I explain it why. Be patient we do a internal cliical research and sure that I update Melcangi of the interseristing things that I bet that will appear.

Coraggio, my nick name, it means courage.

SO, now, to everybody:

CORAGGIO!!
Coraggio

It seems that our friends who are become asexual with amphetamines and that they share SERT loss like us, it seems that they also display some progesterone issue like us:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... umor_cells