introduction - kekko OP

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Moloch

Re: introduction - kekko OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Post Sonny on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 pm
That prolactin level is pretty high. Chances are your testosterone is on the low end of normal because of low levels of luteinizing hormone. This all has to do with your pituitary gland. Assuming you are not on any dopamine antagonists, like anti-psychotics, I would think you most likely have a prolactinoma. This is a small benign tumor on the pituitary gland. The cause of these are unknown, but they increase prolactin, and can cause other issues with the pituitary gland, like low LH, which in turn causes lower testosterone. You may also have problems with cortisol and other hormones.

Typically these are treated with a dopamine agonist like cabergoline. The goal is to lower prolactin, and reduce the size of tumor. This will in turn correct your LH levels and increase testosterone. There are cases where treatment fails and surgery is required, but that is unlikely. I would think your prolactin levels would be much higher if that was going to be a worry.

So if possible get a prescription for cabergoline from your doctor. If there is some reason you can't do that, I guess go for the research chemical. You should test your levels again every couple of months. You may be able to come off cabergoline after 6 months or so, but you would be better off getting the advice of an actual endocrinologist at that point. I have an extensive knowledge of the topic all things considered, but an endocrinologist would have even more.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Mike23 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:38 am

kekko wrote:Hello sonny, I is happening in the morning to have a stomach ache this morning I also threw up, but then slowly during the day I feel better.
I do not make breakfast in the morning, the 'only thing is I am ingesting omega-3, 200mg of vitamin B6 and 50 mg of zinc. you think it could be one of those supplements to get hold of this annoyance?
zinc are now 3 months that I take every day, should I discontinue? I would not want to stop taking vitamin b6.
Or believe that these supplements have nothing to do with my bad tummy? thanks sonny

yes I was thinking also, that you should eat breakfast every day, and if you need to take medication, take it with the breakfast. It does not sound like a good idea to me to take several medications or supplements every day on an empty stomach.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Post kekko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:00 pm
Hi sonny, i bought ropinirolo 0,25. Do you think ropinirolo its good like cabergolina for my high prolactin or its better cabergolina?
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

sexdrive on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 pm
The diagnosis of a prolactinoma is confirmed by demonstrating persistently elevated blood levels of prolactin. A prolactin level of over 150-200 ng/ml is almost always due to a prolactin secreting pituitary adenoma. In all patients with suspected pituitary tumors, a complete pituitary hormone evaluation should be performed. This testing is especially important in patients with potentially large tumors who are likely to have some degree of Hirnanhangsdrüse failure (hypopituitarism). It is important to note that moderate elevations of prolactin (30 - 200 ng/ml) can occur as a result of several other causes, which must be excluded prior to invoking a pituitary tumor. The most common causes are listed below:

pregnancy or in the post-partum period
stress (discomfort, exercise, low blood sugar)
low thyroid function (hypothyroidism)
kidney failure
liver failure
medications (such as anti-ulcer and antidepressants)
"stalk effect"

https://www.pituitary.org/disorders/prolactinomas.aspx

A prolactinoma is very uncertain. Talk with an endocrinolgist to make thinks clear!
You should be very, very careful with dopamine agonists. You have a history with hallucinations and psychotic symptoms and this drugs can trigger these symptoms by itself. They can worsen you're OCD too.

If you don't have a prolactinoma, this drug will not cure you. Maybe it can be a fix for you, as long as you take it, but I definitely wouldn't stay long term on this medications with a psychotic history and without medical supervision.

But if you really want to try it, the ropinirole has a shorter half-life (5-6 hours) than the cabergoline (63-69 hours). If you will experience psychotic symptoms/hallucinations again, ropinirole will be faster out of your system.

Good Luck
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Post kekko on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:39 am
if cabergoline has a half-life so long why sonny suggests to take it daily?