SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Ghost

SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Unread post by Ghost »

St Johns Wort always fixes my PSSD

Post kramdrol Yesterday at 4:42 am

It has completely resolved my PSSD a number of times now. Every time I take an SSRI for a short period, my PSSD comes back. I now know I can fix it within a couple of weeks by taking small doses of St Johns wort. Just 500mg or so a couple of times a week. Any more than that and I get 'heat stress' side effects, but even at a pretty low dose it cures me every time. Takes a couple of weeks, and then bang, you are back.

Post anacleta Yesterday at 6:19 am

let me understand: if you, after taking one ssri, remain without taking hypericum, how long it lasts your "pSSD"? maybe you have common sexual side effects with ssri and not pSSD, and you think SJW reverses pSSD (that you did not)

Post Ghost Yesterday at 9:00 am
kramdrol wrote: It has completely resolved my PSSD a number of times now. Every time I take an SSRI for a short period, my PSSD comes back. I now know I can fix it within a couple of weeks by taking small doses of St Johns wort. Just 500mg or so a couple of times a week. Any more than that and I get 'heat stress' side effects, but even at a pretty low dose it cures me every time. Takes a couple of weeks, and then bang, you are back.
At first I assumed that this had no ability to work because I always thought that SJW worked kinda like an SSRI by increasing levels of Serotonin in the synapse. However, a quick wikipedia search uncovered that "SJW is known to downregulate the β1 adrenoceptor and upregulate postsynaptic 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A"...While this is not as good as up-regulating pre-synaptic 5-HT1A and 1B, is it possible that this mechanism would help take away the stress of having too much serotonin in the synapse by adding more receptors to handle it? I still think it's likely that your SSRI symptoms are just dissipating after a few weeks of discontinuation...And if this was a cure I would think that a lot of people would have noticed this by now...but this SJW theory is interesting regardless. Thanks for posting.

Post forexworld12 Yesterday at 1:38 pm

It's not the first time I'm reading it cured PSSD
St john wort Up-regulates The 5htia and 5ht2a Post synaptic Auto-receptor ....wow. Increasing these receptor would be excellent as the presynaptic releases excess serotonin and it can move out of these !
! SJW is also a broad spectrum monoamine reuptake inhibitor with a high preference for noradrenaline and dopamine. in theory it looks like a cure by different mechanism .

Classic synthetic antidepressant drugs, as well as St John's wort extract (SJW), directly inhibit the re-uptake of norepinephrine (NE) and/or serotonin (5-HT) into pre-synaptic axons. With chronic treatment they induce adaptive changes in a number of neurotransmitter receptors in synaptic membranes. The immediate effects of SJW Ze 117, an extract low in hyperforin content, on the specific dopamine (DA) uptake were studied in rat striatal brain slices and compared with the effects on NE and 5-HT uptake in rat cortical brain slices. Specific DA uptake was inhibited in a dose dependent manner. In contrast to the findings in synaptosomal preparations published so far, the extract showed different inhibitory potencies for the respective transporters. The potencies for the uptake inhibition of NA, DA and 5-HT were 30, 7 and 1, respectively. The results indicate that the SJW Ze 117 extract interferes in three ways with the individual uptakes of the relevant neurotransmitters that are considered to be causal in the development of depression. This observation, the concomitant and potent inhibition of DA re-uptake by SJW extract, may additionally provide a rationale for the treatment of nicotine or drug addiction with SJW.

Post Ghost Yesterday at 2:25 pm
forexworld12 wrote: It's not the first time I'm reading it cured PSSD
St john wort Up-regulates The 5htia and 5ht2a Post synaptic Auto-receptor ....wow. Increasing these receptor would be excellent as the presynaptic releases excess serotonin and it can move out of these !
! SJW is also a broad spectrum monoamine reuptake inhibitor with a high preference for noradrenaline and dopamine. in theory it looks like a cure by different mechanism .

Classic synthetic antidepressant drugs, as well as St John's wort extract (SJW), directly inhibit the re-uptake of norepinephrine (NE) and/or serotonin (5-HT) into pre-synaptic axons. With chronic treatment they induce adaptive changes in a number of neurotransmitter receptors in synaptic membranes. The immediate effects of SJW Ze 117, an extract low in hyperforin content, on the specific dopamine (DA) uptake were studied in rat striatal brain slices and compared with the effects on NE and 5-HT uptake in rat cortical brain slices. Specific DA uptake was inhibited in a dose dependent manner. In contrast to the findings in synaptosomal preparations published so far, the extract showed different inhibitory potencies for the respective transporters. The potencies for the uptake inhibition of NA, DA and 5-HT were 30, 7 and 1, respectively. The results indicate that the SJW Ze 117 extract interferes in three ways with the individual uptakes of the relevant neurotransmitters that are considered to be causal in the development of depression. This observation, the concomitant and potent inhibition of DA re-uptake by SJW extract, may additionally provide a rationale for the treatment of nicotine or drug addiction with SJW.
I was unaware of it's dopamagenic properties beyond helping by increasing 5-HT1A/2A receptors on the post-synaptic side. But the more I look into it, it appears to be increasing dopamine levels, while increasing serotonin to a lesser extent! Thanks, Forex!Very Happy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1574978/.

a single dose (60 mg kg−1 i.p. or 300 mg kg−1 p.o.) of H. perforatum increased DA concentrations to 165 and 140% of control values, respectively, and increased locomotor activity in nonhabituated rats. DOPAC and HVA levels were markedly reduced. 5-HT concentrations were elevated only moderately, while the NA levels were not affected by any treatment. The whole-tissue analysis revealed that hypericum increased, whereas the monoamine oxidase (MAO) A/B inhibitor phenelzine decreased DA and 5-HT turnover. The present data indicate that the mechanism of action of hypericum extract in vivo is more complex than the inhibition of monoamine reuptake or metabolism observed in vitro. The finding of preferential enhancement of DA transmission is in agreement with human studies measuring DA-mediated neuroendocrine responses.

You'd think that this is a good thing. But I've heard that SJW takes 3 weeks to work like a classic anti-depressant.

"blockade of serotonin (5-HT), noradrenaline (NA) and possibly dopamine (DA) reuptake in a manner similar to most of the current antidepressants"

"Classic synthetic antidepressant drugs, as well as St John's wort extract (SJW), directly inhibit the re-uptake of norepinephrine (NE) and/or serotonin (5-HT) into pre-synaptic axons. With chronic treatment they induce adaptive changes in a number of neurotransmitter receptors in synaptic membranes"-(This is from the article Forex posted)

I personally believe that AD's take a while to work because it takes a few weeks for the 5-HT1A AR to desensitize in most patients, and that's when serotonin levels can really shoot up. So when I hear that SJW works in a similar action, and takes a while to kick in...I'm thinking to myself that this is a lot like a natural SSRI. and as we know, natural does not mean safe. So I'm a skeptic, as I think we all should always be.

This is something that I may try for depression as well as possibly helping some dopamine problems. My depression isn't making PSSD any easier either way. But instead of just ingesting a serotonin regulator blindly as I did getting myself into this mess, I'll be doing a lot more research before I ever take SJW again (I took it for a few days pre-SSRI, and was talked off by my parents, who thought it was more dangerous than a FDA regulated SSRI). Something that I am very bitter for, but find a bit funny that fate worked out this way. Laughing Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post forexworld12 Yesterday at 4:24 pm

Yes Ghost SJW has a lot of other unknown mechanism ..!

It's surprising to me you're soo dedicated even after more or less all your PSSD symptoms is gone I guess ( 85% you said I guess).. now that's dedication cheers
Well someone like me from 10% if I can get it to 85% cure then I would think PSSD has been completely abolished it Razz Razz

Post Ghost Yesterday at 4:58 pm
forexworld12 wrote:Yes Ghost SJW has a lot of other unknown mechanism ..!

It's surprising to me you're soo dedicated even after more or less all your PSSD symptoms is gone I guess ( 85% you said I guess).. now that's dedication cheers
Well someone like me from 10% if I can get it to 85% cure then I would think PSSD has been completely abolished it Razz Razz

Yea PSSD was gone 85% for a day or two a week or so ago. Was a good window, but a short one. I enjoyed sex. It wasn't perfect, but it was good. I would say that I'm 85-90% of my original drive. 75-80% of old erection quality (although my soft glans problem is probably only 40-50% of where I'd like it to be). (I also don't have to fight back erections like I used to. I used to have to fight to not get erections, and now I have to fight to get them.) My sensitivity is not all that great. Maybe 60-80% depending on the day. I feel that I can feel a lot of my penis, but it just doesn't have the same feeling of sexuality to it, and that's hard to measure. It just doesn't feel right still. Just kinda dead in some way. Some days I'll still have terrible trouble getting an erection, will have a shitty orgasm, or have worse muted pleasure down there.

I still have brainfog, a bit of de-personalization/realization too. I also have some moderate anhedonia, and that sucks big time. I want to feel happiness and love again. I miss that so much.

I will be posting a more in-depth update in my intro within the next few weeks.

But basically, that 85% was for a short few days, and now I'm back towards 75-80. Which...yes...Isn't bad. I'm happy for it. But I still believe that 20mg for 25% of your sexuality is a terrible trade off. I will work and work and work until I am 100%. Or die trying. Even then, I'm hoping to make this my career, and will always be stopping back to help.

Post forexworld12 Yesterday at 5:26 pm

Ghost wrote:
forexworld12 wrote:Yes Ghost SJW has a lot of other unknown mechanism ..!

Ghost wrote: Yea PSSD was gone 85% for a day or two a week or so ago. Was a good window, but a short one. I enjoyed sex. It wasn't perfect, but it was good. I would say that I'm 85-90% of my original drive. 75-80% of old erection quality (although my soft glans problem is probably only 40-50% of where I'd like it to be). (I also don't have to fight back erections like I used to. I used to have to fight to not get erections, and now I have to fight to get them.) My sensitivity is not all that great. Maybe 60-80% depending on the day. I feel that I can feel a lot of my penis, but it just doesn't have the same feeling of sexuality to it, and that's hard to measure. It just doesn't feel right still. Just kinda dead in some way. Some days I'll still have terrible trouble getting an erection, will have a shitty orgasm, or have worse muted pleasure down there.

I still have brainfog, a bit of de-personalization/realization too. I also have some moderate anhedonia, and that sucks big time. I want to feel happiness and love again. I miss that so much.

I will be posting a more in-depth update in my intro within the next few weeks.

But basically, that 85% was for a short few days, and now I'm back towards 75-80. Which...yes...Isn't bad. I'm happy for it. But I still believe that 20mg for 25% of your sexuality is a terrible trade off. I will work and work and work until I am 100%. Or die trying. Even then, I'm hoping to make this my career, and will always be stopping back to help.
That's great of you Ghost !!

The windows seems happening due to the 5HITA trying to reset and it's doing a wonderful job ... You need some resistance training which will increase the BDNF - that will greatly aid that recovery
It sounds like a partial desensitization of the preynaptic now.. that sexuality feeling on the penis is more interconnected with Libido and Ahnedonia ...You're not able to feel that due to emotional blunting ..
since you'rs is like 90% libido back I would urge you too enhance Dopamine signalling . That should resolve the ahnedonia as well
Have you tried to experiment with anything yet ?

Post apachuri Yesterday at 6:18 pm

Ghost, what do you mean by "de-realization?" I'm confused.

Post forexworld12 Yesterday at 6:20 pm
apachuri wrote:Ghost, what do you mean by "de-realization?" I'm confused.
It's like you're in a dream ....you're awake but everything around you seems unreal ... certain kind of lights amplify that effect
I had that after a pill of paxil ....escitalopram cured that particular one !

Post Ghost Yesterday at 6:48 pm

Sometimes I'll look at myself in the mirror, and it'll just feel really weird. I think it could be partially a depression symptom too.

Forex, I've tried nothing for dopamine system. I'm thinking of smoking a bit of MJ in the next few days (not even enough to get high) because it's a 5-HT1A agonist and has dopamine properties too. That way I may get a better sense of what sensitivity used to be like, and see if that could be something I could use to get me to 100% for a few hours if I wanted.

Post forexworld12 Yesterday at 9:31 pm

I know what you mean I had that for a month in feb 2014 and the lights yellow, blue and all kinds of street light made me feel weird/trance like state ! It was awful But I'm glad it went away
That out of control and disconnected feeling is very well caused by emotional numbling too !
If you are looking to try MJ(Though I don't recommend) get the medical one ... that's the best quality !

Post Ghost Yesterday at 10:34 pm

What would you recommend instead? What are all the dopamine options for feeling/ emotions? I think I need an serotonin agonist too because the 5-HT1A is linked to oxytocin release.

Post forexworld12 Yesterday at 10:59 pm

PM me .Well there are dozens of Option for that. ! If you haven't tried Wellbutrin I suspect it would be that 100% thing for you long term(as it is the most common universally accepted one) ...
Are you sure you need an agonist, Ghost ? :P

PAGE 2:

Post forexworld12 Yesterday at 7:57 pm

kramdrol wrote:I get absolute 100% PSSD from SSRI's, first time lasted nearly 2 years. Trying SJW as an alternative to treat depression did nothing whatever to lift my mood or make me happy. All that happened with SJW is I got really 'hot' at times, and my PSSD dissapeared. SJW did not work in any way shape or form like an SSRI, of which I have tried many. It did not boost my serotonin, did not lift my mood in the slightest. Would give it 0 out of 10 as an antidepressant, and 10 out of 10 as a cure for PSSD.

Well that's messed up the only thing i can come up with is you had depression before PSSD(reason u tried SSRI) but then you tried SSRI and it give you PSSD and now SJW cures PSSD so not you are back at pre ssri level - depressed but PSSD free !

Post Ghost Today at 12:08 am

So you're saying that your PSSD of 2 years went away in a few weeks on SJW? That's incredible. In order for that to happen, SJW must have permanently altered something (until you re-took an SSRI).

I wonder if anyone else has had similar such luck?

I know that a lot of previous SSRI users have likely tried SJW. and I would assume a few number with PSSD have also. I would wonder if they would have anything to say about this. I only tried SJW before I took an SSRI...

Post forexworld12 Today at 12:33 am

The mechanism known is as follows

- a reversible MAOI (hypericin)
- is a serotonin-dopamine-noradrenaline re-uptake inhibitor - SNDRI (hyperforin)
- antagonizes NMDA (hyperforin)
- inhibits muscarinic and sigma receptors (hypericin)
- has significant effect at GABA-B receptor (hypericin)
- upregulates 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A post synaptic receptors
- Other unknown mechanisms

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/di ... 0000000562

Post Ghost Today at 2:38 am

Those are good things to think about, Forex. I just wish we could get a few more accounts of this. This is the most annoying part of recovery stories. They seem to be one-hit-wonders that we can never re-create. But those mechanisms are what is likely behind kramdrol's recovery in some form or another. I think that the fact that this has worked a few times gives more credence to the claims that SJW worked to cure you, as apposed to it happening once where you could argue that you healed naturally.

Could you tell us what exactly you struggled with in PSSD? What symptoms and how severe? Were you seeing any natural improvement before you took SJW? After taking, what was the timeline for things getting better? Did some parts of the PSSD lift faster than others?

"All that happened with SJW is I got really 'hot' at times, and my PSSD dissapeared." Are you talking about temperature? After I heard it be talked about on this forum, I have realized that my feet really are colder than they used to be. It's different everyday, but even if I'm warm, my feet can be unexplainably cold. Now, I do live in a colder climate, but I also live indoors, and that shouldn't be a big problem. I can wear moccasins or socks and that doesn't help a ton. Finally, I never noticed this before...but I never thought about it either...so IDK how much I can attribute to PSSD. Regardless, 5HT1A helps regulate body temp, and I think that this is what's behind the cold feet/ hands thing that people experience. Maybe the hot feeling is a reversal of that for you? Could you please elaborate on that a bit more, kramdrol? Thanks a million!
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Re: SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Unread post by Ghost »

Then page 3 dissappears....

Here's the end of the cache...and page 4...

Post pssd'd Today at 10:25 am

I was given a dose of tramadol for pain a few years back and I would not recommend it. It seems to make numbness worse. I remember taking a shower and feeling like my body was surrounded by rubber - not a positive experience!
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Did anyone try this with any success? I know that there were some failed attempts, but what happened to the people who stuck with it for a few weeks. There has to be a few lurkers who tried it too.
myusername875

Unread post by myusername875 »

Ghost wrote:Did anyone try this with any success? I know that there were some failed attempts, but what happened to the people who stuck with it for a few weeks. There has to be a few lurkers who tried it too.
I'm running SJW 300mg twice a day (I started yesterday after reading this). I will report back on my progress.
Beetlebum

Unread post by Beetlebum »

Hi!

After I read this, I went to the pharmacy immediately and bought SJW 900 mg tablets. I've taken them for five days now, and wow... just WOW!
My morning wood is very strong and I get very intense erotic dreams now. At first I was a little afraid, because I read that SJW works like SSRI. But it does not. There are no sexual side effects, except the positive ones. I am a little dizzy, though.Today I had the most intense orgasm since I got PSSD four years ago. I will definitely continue the treatment. I must say, that I already made some progress over the years, but I constantly had to force myself to masturbate. Now I am horny again. There is still much room for improvement, but I made the first step into the door. And this is still the fifth day, where SJW is supposed to fully kick in after 2 - 3 weeks.

(Sorry for my not so good English. I am German.)
north4

Unread post by north4 »

Beetlebum wrote:Hi!

After I read this, I went to the pharmacy immediately and bought SJW 900 mg tablets. I've taken them for five days now, and wow... just WOW!
My morning wood is very strong and I get very intense erotic dreams now. At first I was a little afraid, because I read that SJW works like SSRI. But it does not. There are no sexual side effects, except the positive ones. I am a little dizzy, though.Today I had the most intense orgasm since I got PSSD four years ago. I will definitely continue the treatment. I must say, that I already made some progress over the years, but I constantly had to force myself to masturbate. Now I am horny again. There is still much room for improvement, but I made the first step into the door. And this is still the fifth day, where SJW is supposed to fully kick in after 2 - 3 weeks.

tach beetlebum, welche firma verwendest du, ich hab die von kneipp ausprobiert, da sind aber mehrfach andere zusatzstoffe drinn....
Whatsapp join https://thinfi.com/cck5 password: pssd
Facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/postssrisexdysfunction
https://youtu.be/BIVe6Uf5pn8

PLEASE REGISTER TO FORUM AND WRITE YOUR STORY - TAKE PART IN TRAIL AND ERROR
Beetlebum

Unread post by Beetlebum »

catalunya wrote:
Beetlebum wrote:Hi!

what part of germany do you live in?
Lower Saxony.
north4 wrote: tach beetlebum, welche firma verwendest du, ich hab die von kneipp ausprobiert, da sind aber mehrfach andere zusatzstoffe drinn....
I think it is unpolite to write in German, being in an English speaking forum. However: Aren't you the guy who leads the german version of the PSSD Yahoo-group, who kicked everyone out who doesn't share your silly beliefs in useless homeopathic and esoteric nonsense? If yes, we have nothing further to discuss.
pssd'd

Unread post by pssd'd »

So this will be my next thing to try when I get over the cold I just caught.

I'll try it as described in the original post - small doses (600mg) a couple of times a week. I haven't picked what brand I'm going to use yet. I understand there are two compounds of interest in SJW (hyperforin and hypericin).
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I think the key to this may be a lower dose. I'd assume that it is going to work for the people that could go back on an ssri and then see improvement. You should notice the affects quickly if you have PSSD. I would suggest trying a small dose and then working up, if you see things getting better, wait till it's at a level that you're good with and then try and slowly taper down. It's not gonna work for everyone. I probably will try this if Curcumin and Pircetam don't do enough for me. I'll do it sooner if I see more successes with it.

From the OP:
"I now know I can fix it within a couple of weeks by taking small doses of St Johns wort. Just 500mg or so a couple of times a week."