PSSD Info Sheet

Topics related to activism.
Ghost

PSSD Info Sheet

Unread post by Ghost »

Making a PSSD info sheet for people to give to doctors/ email out. I have a PDF of it.

Requirements I had for it was being 1 page long.

Any suggestions? I know that I will want to change it before it's done.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Bigmum

Re: PSSD Info Sheet

Unread post by Bigmum »

I would write " that persist after discontinuation" istead "for months......" because that suggest that waiting is the best solution......and the point is "Lack of interest among medical comunity" and that there are no reaserch that could find solution
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

But this is something that we need start spread in large amount copies especialy to the reasarchers in fields of psychiatry and neurology
sjv16477

Unread post by sjv16477 »

We can do a leaflet/flyer to leave in doctors' practicies, in mail box of people, in shop center, drugstore
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

I think that clear document is better in that case beause leaflet can cause sending e mail to SPAM
also we need good email tekst in english
because this is attachment
Angrydude00

Unread post by Angrydude00 »

Ghost, I literally logged in today to request a collection of information from forum members to present to my doctor who is a VERY important director for Neuropsychiatry in Western New York and is the person who maps and prescribes my TMS treatment. Crazy coincidence! It takes forever to get an appointment with him. He's a pretty understanding guy and this will definitely get him thinking about PSSD.

In fact, somebody that I know who works directly with him said that he is taking every single patient of his, and he has a shit ton, off of Xanax because he found out that it causes dementia after long-term use. I have a feeling that he will be more likely to believe in PSSD at this point. Thank you so much, Ghost.
fasttrack1982

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

Nice job Ghost! This is the kind of stuff we need to be doing to spread awareness and bring legitimacy to our condition.
Maldoror

Unread post by Maldoror »

Shouldn't it be "deep sexual and sometimes emotional dysfunction"

Just the "and" suggests it always comes in pairs. My emotions are fine, better than pre-pssd days.
sjv16477

Unread post by sjv16477 »

Maldoror wrote:Shouldn't it be "deep sexual and sometimes emotional dysfunction"

Just the "and" suggests it always comes in pairs. My emotions are fine, better than pre-pssd days.
And "sometimes" means that they cannot comes in pair. Don't forget that the loss of libido is a form of emotional dysfunction. Sometimes this emotional dysfunction can include a wide anhedonia
fablecloth

Unread post by fablecloth »

Hi Ghost,

I think the one-sheet summary idea is great, but I think it would be important to cite throughout the description.

Doing that could be as easy as placing footnotes to particular parts of the introductions of those articles you cite, so as to lend a dose of scientific credibility to the summary and to instil in the reader more confidence.

Cheers