Nystatin

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Coraggio

Re: Amykal/ NYSTATIN/ licorice Root/ Antifungals and their methods of action

Unread post by Coraggio »

sulawesi wrote:Continue, why do you think this flu-like feeling is part of the cure? What about people who don't have PSSD, don't they get this feeling? Where can I find the article about histamine and PSSD?
Guys, I really have to say that right now I feel 98.7% back to normal!!! I hope it will last. I'll take nystatin for three more months - do you think that'll be long enough?

Hi Sulawesi, I really would to know how about you. I have started low dose of nystatin one month ago at low doses but was too worried of everything and I ve had anxiety issues for this and I stopped. So I recognised that I have to put my worries under control before to start any treatments and now I wish to re-start again. My medical background is against me going through unknown routes, I can imagine all the possible side effects and I become paranoid.In this weeks I have stayed calm and I' ve worked about this and here I am. I' m thinking to place an order of nystatin tabs like you have suggested.

I really want to know about you. If you have seen any side effects at that high dose and, most important, if your improvements last. On the sexual part of the problem I would to know if have seen any improvements about erection/morning wood like some guys ha reported with nystatin. And also do nystatin has improved your libido? Your sexual thoughts are still more frequent?
continue

Unread post by continue »

ssinus wrote:I have tried Nystatin for a week, initially (2 days) I had better morning wood but I would say that even more numb than before and faded quickly after I woke up and I had worse hang during the day than before so I don't think this is the way (I feel like this have more pro serotonin effect than against it).
As per the studies it inhibits 5ht1a antagonists effect, so it behave more like an agonist.
That's why I said numbness must be treated BEFORE TAKING NYSTATIN.

this happened to me also. Nystatin works for those who cured numbeness but not erection.
Blackout

Unread post by Blackout »

continue wrote:
ssinus wrote:I have tried Nystatin for a week, initially (2 days) I had better morning wood but I would say that even more numb than before and faded quickly after I woke up and I had worse hang during the day than before so I don't think this is the way (I feel like this have more pro serotonin effect than against it).
As per the studies it inhibits 5ht1a antagonists effect, so it behave more like an agonist.
That's why I said numbness must be treated BEFORE TAKING NYSTATIN.

this happened to me also. Nystatin works for those who cured numbeness but not erection.
How does one cure numbness? From what I understand -and live-, numbness is a really tough symptom to treat. And if one can't cure numbness, does that mean that nystatin will be worthless?
Kinncrimson

Unread post by Kinncrimson »

@sulawesi
please give us an update, are you still 98% recovered?
How is your libido? How is your depression/derealisation/anhedonia?
continue

Unread post by continue »

Blackout wrote:How does one cure numbness? From what I understand -and live-, numbness is a really tough symptom to treat.
no easy question. I had great improvements this second semester, and still oscillating some days. when I'm sure about the procedure that helped me, I'll post it here.
Blackout wrote:And if one can't cure numbness, does that mean that nystatin will be worthless?
it was worthless to me before curing numbness.
Kinncrimson

Unread post by Kinncrimson »

He keeps telling us that "numbness" must be cured before the nystatin would have an effect... What numbness does he even mean? Genital-numbness or emotional-numbness? And after asking him 5 times in this threat how he treated numbness he can't tell us a thing. he doesn't say what he is taking or doing, he is just telling us that he is "oscillating".... I am wondering that I am the first to complain about him...
Last edited by Kinncrimson on Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoIt

Unread post by DoIt »

Chill dude, he's just trying to help, but I agree with you that it's all just his personal expirience. I doubt that curing numbness had anything to do with recovery later on...
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Keep civil please.

Everyone here is trying to communicate as best they can, and many aren't speaking english as their first language.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Coraggio

Unread post by Coraggio »

I ve bought a book 'An Extraordinary Power To Heal' written by an american Psychiatric Bruce Semon, 2003.

http://nutritioninstitute.com/an-extrao ... r-to-heal/

He has developped a heal protocol based on a specific Diet and Nystatin. He has seen risks and heavy side effects of coventional antidepressants and so he has created his own way to heal. His theory is that Candida can weak our body in order to cause a lot of deseases like depression, autoimmune deseases, food cravings, etc. And it also can worsen deseases like autism, hormonal problems, skin problems, etc. In his book He reports a lot of cases for each desease treated and improved by his protocol. Reassuming it, he suggests to follow a particular diet excluding all of foods that may help a yeast growth in the gut. Then he prescribes to add a nystatin regimen to take for long time until you get better (months).

This book is very interesting.However I really don' t think his Candida-toxic-theory is true, his experience says Nystatin has seen to be helpful even before our 'underground use' here in PSSDforum or PropeciaHelp forum. Long term use of nystatin is the proof that Candida is not the real problem, becouse if you use nystatin for more than few weeks you haven' t Candida in the gut anymore. Rather nystatin can have a hidden useful side effect that maybe even Bruce Semon doesn' t think.
My opinion is that nystatin can be absorbed a little and it plays a role (I think with steroid liver metabolism) but its properties are still very unkown.
I have bought this book to see how much nystatin was used and if there were any particular side effects.It doesn' t seem to cause any renal injury like I worried and, more important, the dose used is between 4,000,000 and 8,000,000 UI per day!! This is an incredible proof that we are not mad. Everybody here who has seen any improvements needs that high doses.
Last edited by Coraggio on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Foxx

Unread post by Foxx »

I have no Candia, but I'll give it a try, at first Licorice pills.

In my opinion it's about Protein Kinase C (sigma probably? doesn't matter much) and inactivation of SERT or inhibition of sodium channels - whatever. Yesterday took liver cleanser TUDCA, which apparently is a PKC inducer and I'm totally wreaked. Hopefully it will reverse, otherwise it would be a fu*in shame to loose brain and dick because of that kind of obscure compound. Nevertheless have reallly, really hard time now.

Tauroursodeoxycholic acid activates protein kinase C in isolated rat hepatocytes. <--bad, bad pill..
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8613063

NYSTATIN
Activators of protein kinase C inhibit sodium transport in A6 epithelia.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2420202
To evaluate the role of protein kinase C in sodium transport via amiloride-sensitive sodium channels, we studied the effect of activators of protein kinase C on short-circuit current in epithelia formed by A6 cells in culture. In A6 epithelia, short-circuit current is equivalent to net sodium transport and is blocked by low concentrations of amiloride added to the solution bathing the apical surface. After any of four different activators of protein kinase C [phorbol 12,13-dibutyrate (20 ng/ml), phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (20 ng/ml), 1-oleoyl-2-acetylglycerol (50 micrograms/ml), and mezerein (10 ng/ml)] was added to the solution bathing the apical surface, short-circuit current fell, and electrical resistance rose. Nystatin added to the apical solution reversed the inhibition of short-circuit current, indicating that activators of protein kinase C inhibited transport at amiloride-sensitive sodium channels in the apical plasma membrane. Under some conditions, the activators also stimulated amiloride-insensitive short-circuit current. The ion transport represented by the amiloride-insensitive short-circuit current appears to be the result of basal to apical transport of chloride, but this has not been established conclusively.
Protein kinase C(alpha) actively downregulates through caveolae-dependent traffic to an endosomal compartment.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10862715

LICORICE
Inhibition of protein kinase C by the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate antagonist glycyrrhetic acid
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 359090132H
Glycyrrhetic acid is an anti-inflammatory agent isolated from licorice root that inhibits 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-mediated tumor promotion in mouse skin. Although it has been established that glycyrrhetic acid inhibits a number of events induced by the phorbol ester tumor promoter TPA in cultured cells, its mechanism of action has remained obscure. In this report, we demonstrate that glycyrrhetic acid inhibits the Ca2+- and phospholipid-dependent phosphotransferase activity of protein kinase C (PKC), the phorbol ester tumor promoter receptor. There-fore, inhibition of PKC may play a role in the anti-promoting activity of glycyrrhetic acid.